Add Undead Dragongut Strings to non-UDB Trakanon Please...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Soon Augur

Please add back the Undead Dragongut Strings to non-UBD Trakanon. Originally it was from real Trakanon too. Bard epic is hard enough. You need scales from both dragons. Kedge Backbone never drops in 9999 kills. etc etc...
    Finley and Vaclav like this.
  2. GuardDorko New Member

Why normal Trak does not drop the strings is beyond me. Im all for more strings all around!
    Finley likes this.
  3. Wintermalo Augur

You have an epic mob that drops your piece 100% of the time and spawns once every day? Please tell me more about how difficult your epic is.
    Gemdiver likes this.
  4. Vaclav Augur

ENC/WIZ should be adjusted too - doesn't change the fact that the triggered spawns are actually more annoying that the problem they were designed to originally fix now though.
  5. GhostbustersII Elder

I would do the bard epic with the UDB any day of the week over a lot of the epics out there. It is one of the easier epics to obtain honestly. The only real block is the UDB.

The backbone should have been quite easy to get with all the mages, rogues, and wizards also needing equally rare pieces off phinny.

On the instanced server, scales are a non-factor. Most guilds have more than enough for their bards and warriors and those that don't have enough can 12 man Vox/naggy weekly.

On the grand scheme of things I would categorize epics into 3 categories. Hard, Medium, and Easy. I totally understand why those who have ultra hard epics make posts trying to make it easier. I roll my eyes when the "medium" or the "easy" folks complain about their epic quest.

(***ON PHINNY and probably just about in this order***)
    HARD:
    Enchanter
    SK

Medium:
    Wizard (Broken Golem camp)
    Mage (Very dependent on groups with phinny, sky, hate, etc)
    Druid
    Bard (Undead Bard camp)
    Cleric (Ragefire camp, raid force help, and pearls)
    Necro (Slime blood is just so rare)

Easy:
    Monk (knew I forgot one!)
    Ranger (this is the one epic I don't know a whole lot about but think it's easy)
    Warrior (scales are easy to get on this server)
    Paladin
    Rogue
    Shaman
  6. Spooky Augur

1. I don't want to hold 10+ people hostage for a random number of hours like many others are doing right now.
    2. Fucktards wipe to him and kill a spawn
    3. Just shut up. It's obviously a mistake considering the theme of this server.
  7. Spooky Augur

People keep saying SK epic is hard, but their roadblock is something you can solo.
  8. Korillo Augur

I'd put Wizard in hard simply because Broken Golem is a very long respawn and requires a small force to take out, so you can't really solo camp it.

I'd also put cleric in easy because the "Ragefire" camp can be done in the instance and the pearls, while rare, can easily be camped because there are always mobs up in skyfire. I actually did the pearls camp yesterday and got 4 pearls in 90 minutes (yes very lucky), but even if it took an entire day that's not even that bad. Although the combination of Chardok Royals, final cleric fight and the pearls I guess Medium is reasonable as well because you need a decent amount of help in this epic.

Apparently monks don't exist in the game? :p. I'd say monk is on the easy side as well imo.
  9. GhostbustersII Elder

LOL knew I forgot a class!
    I agree with cleric and monk for sure. lowered cleric on the list but still in medium.

Honestly with wizard... There are probably around similar numbers of wizard and bards on the server. Both epics require Phinny, raid drops (VS or dragons), and an approximate 24 hour spawn time raid mob. The 2 epics are virtually the same except BG is a little harder to track than UDB so it doesn't feel like BG is as contested as UDB. The epics that I put in the hard category both have multiple long spawn time camps that are highly contested (some that require raid forces to take out). Both Wiz and BRD only have a single highly contested camp.
  10. Kiani Augur

I'd put druid in easy, though long and tedious. Much of it can be soloed nothing needs more than a group or two. The "raid" mobs are both easy versions which can be triggered.

Ranger is fairly easy, but does require hate and sky drops.
  11. Barathrum Augur

Nahhh the whole training Draco onto who ever is killing the broken goldem seems to be the new game and Roshen / Devs don't really seem to care.... but #PUT EPIC STUFF IN EXPOS
    Never going to open fear again lol
  12. Soon Augur

Killed at least 20 phinny on both LJ and Phinny myself. Only saw one backbone. Maybe I am just the unlucky one. And now if a bard starts to do epic, good luck with getting people in there. Oh right, we still have the instanced one which can port you into Phinny's room. But good luck with the RNG that rolls once a week.

Scales are easier but it takes more time because the red scales are shared with warriors.

And what? You put pearls as a bottleneck for clerics? How about the Skyfire guts for bards? They are just similar difficulty... actually, you can't even use the word difficult to describe. Those steps are just grind. If I could choose, I would grind 20 pearls rather than socking the UBD.
  13. malaki Augur

Most of the Broken Golems have been contested and have involved various levels of nonsense. We had Dracholiche trained on us. We had OGC train half the zone on us. It's pretty stupid. While I would say it isn't as bad as the Chanter epic it's clearly bad. The rest of the Wizard Epic is pretty trivial for anyone in a guild though. Phinny staff isn't particularly rare and VS staff is very, very common, and the rest of the epic is like 30 minutes of running around and like 2k plat.
  14. Kibanu Augur

Yeah, yesterday was my first experience with the whole train war garbage. We were racing for Broken Golem as well and we had a small group prepping to run to golem once inside.... but suddenly Dracoliche is on top of us. I'm not a fan of training, but if someone is going to start it.. I don't mind helping finish it. So the favor was returned. Was kind of fun, to be honest. Fun race, though.
  15. GhostbustersII Elder

You could also kill 20 Phinny and not see a mage staff. It's all RNG. Backbone is about equal to a mage staff drop rate.

Now days you can take phinny out with 3 level 60s fairly easily so it's hardly even group content.

Yes, pearls require some level of help to kill stuff for a cleric.
    Guts you just run around and highsun until you find your proper mob.
    Hints for this tactic. If you don't have a box to watch the spawn point or another person, track the mob you're highsuning and if you see the tracking in the correct direction, hopefully that is the mob.

So basically the Skyfire portion of the bard epic can easily be solo'd. For those that will argue with the soloability of him, try fear kiting him. You won't lose even 10% of your HP.

So it comes down to cleric pearls take multiple people many hours to farm (dependant on luck)

Or something you can very easily solo for the bard epic but it will take a few hours of camping (also dependent on luck)

Beyond just the pearl camp with the cleric epic you have so many things you need help with
    Ixiblat
    Pearls
    Ragefire the dragon
    Ragefire SolB (if you pop instances otherwise you are waiting for a long time)
    While not all of these are necessarily bottlenecks, they are still hoops that you jump through plus a lot of asking folks to help you. They are the factors that make this epic quest Medium difficulty in my eyes.

I was conflicted about the druid one. I know most stuff is soloable but a lot of the spawns are pretty tedious camps and it does require at least a group or 2 for VSR and the weak dragon to do. VSR is about on the same spawn cycle as UDB but there are much less druids on this server competing for it.
    I decided that the druid epic is medium hard but on the easier end of the spectrum for sure.
  16. GhostbustersII Elder

Yeah the amount of disruption that can happen in those zones is very unfortunate but traditionally messing with someone's spawned quest mob to this level has lead to suspensions. Not sure about the TLPs but it's rude none the less.
  17. Soon Augur

Thanks for the hints. I have camped 4 skyfire guts for myself and friends. I also farmed load of pearls for friends. I know what those steps are and how they can be done.

So simply you admit that backbone is a bottleneck.

For the cleric fight, tell me which of the dragon fights of bards are easier than those cleric fights. And one important point, the quest item from those fights are DEFAULTED to the cleric, and dragon items are shared, between bards, and/or warriors.

If I have to compare the final fight, Ragefire Dragon vs UBD, both requires similar force. But UDB now is so contested, AND you need to move your raids into the lair fast before another raid go in.

Seriously, cleric and bard epic at the same level of difficulty? Edit: It seems you are saying bards are easier than cleric's ??? wow

All in all, there is no point the strings not from the original Trak which is even harder than the UBD one.
  18. GhostbustersII Elder

Yes, the Spine and dragon scales are bottlenecks but, on this particular server, guilds have had almost 4 months now to farm all of those things so they aren't as backed up and contested. They are instanced meaning you can take small forces to kill them now days. They are also extremely easy to kill with low numbers of people. For the guilds that don't have an abundance of scales, spines, and whatever else was needed form classic, they apparently weren't thinking ahead or they were having major difficulties with content.

The only real hard portion of the Bard epic is the Undead Bard. If you set that to easy mode and the bard epic would end up being easier than the rogue epic which is wrong. Same with the Wizard epic. I think that is wrong. It might as well be a mediocre everybody over level 46 quest instead of an "epic quest"

As for the cleric epic, it's leaps and bounds harder than the Ranger, Warrior, Rogue Shaman and Paladin epics. Hence the Medium difficulty. I, personally, don't think it is harder than the bard epic. I think the quests are very different from each other but that doesn't take away from the fact that the cleric epic shouldn't be listed in the group of easier epics but it also isn't one of the harder ones either.

The hints and tips for chromatic guts were more for folks in previous threads arguing with me that you needed a group to kill him.
  19. Finley Augur

It's not a contest. You're like the person who brags about how little sleep they get. This isn't the misery olympics.
    DirtyGurtie likes this.
  20. Wintermalo Augur

Excuse you but EverQuest and misery are indeed synonyms and you damn well know it