Add Undead Dragongut Strings to non-UDB Trakanon Please...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soon, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Laok Journeyman

Putting the strings on instanced Trak would give us an epic once a week. That's fair, right?
  2. Syrup Augur

Give you one epic a week? lol

Epic's are meant to be earned, not given away.
    Go earn something, you will appreciate it much more.
    Gremin likes this.
  3. GuardDorko New Member

Its getting so bad i cant tell if people like this are just dumb or just saying dumb things to be ironic and funny. :(
  4. yerm Augur

I like the idea of epics being a prestige item that you cannot just have handed to you in an instance but must instead go out and earn. I think it's cool to have these kinds of status symbols of hard work and determination. I think the wiz and bard epics currently feel epic, while the enc and sk epics feel like chores, and the rest are trivial. Ideally, ALL epics should feel more like the bard epic, rather than trying to make everything more like a shaman's.
  5. Neptune138 New Member

That's all fine and dandy if they ever create a new progression sever, but the damage has been done. Too many classes have already benefited from lower mob spawn timers and being able to get epic pieces in pick zones. All the bards are asking is to be shown the same kind of benefits, or at least an alternate solution.
  6. Pikallo Augur

This right here. Instances have trivialized so many otherwise difficult epics. At this point only about halfway through the expansion it feels like it is actually more uncommon to see a NON-epic warrior or cleric, which is quite opposite of things back in the day. I can sympathize to a point about bottlenecks, but there has to be a certain balance in order for the epics to actually feel epic. Personally, I like the difficulty of the bard/wizard epics at the moment. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, perhaps some minor tweaks to spawn times on Broken Golem or adding a chance to drop guts to real Trak would be more than enough.
  7. Pikallo Augur

The alternative solution is to put in more time and effort to secure the UDB. Bards in this thread are acting like this is unattainable. Its tough and its frustrating, I get that. Epics have always had varying levels of difficulty, so there is no expectation that just because another class indirectly benefits from various game features, that every class has to get the same treatment.
  8. Keze Journeyman

Everyone that has voiced concerned about changing the way bard, wiz, sk, enc epics I respect your opinion. I would like everyone that has commented against it to post your current class as your main. 99.999% chance anyone that has voted against making a slight modification does not play one of the 4 classes that are getting hammered by bottlenecks.
  9. Pikallo Augur

I play an enchanter. So you are batting zero so far.
  10. Laok Journeyman

I already "earned" one 15 years ago. I also "earned" a 1.5 and 2.0. We'd still have to kill a MotM buffed Trak and with 5 active bards, that's still waiting 5 weeks for our epics. I "earned" the rest of my epic within the first week of Kunark going live.
  11. Veeshan_Vashon New Member

Look at all the classes that have gotten easy epics due to instancing. Adding Undead Dragongut Strings to real Trakanon in instances or at least a chance to drop would make things a bit more fair. Having an epic isn't as special as it used to be, but that is the price of being an instanced server. If other epics can benefit from instancing then all epics should benefit.
  12. Bewts Augur

Clerics get to trigger their big epic fight in skyfire. Don't even need an instance to do it.
    Cazic Thule gets his own instance, which is required for SK epic.
    All the scale dropping dragons are instanced and are used for 3 different epics (in different combinations).
    I'm assuming Sky is also instanced, plenty of epic things up there.

Basically, epics ARE handed out. Often. For Krono too.
    Vaclav likes this.
  13. yerm Augur

So clearly the answer is for Warder Cecilia to be eaten by Talendor and have a lengthier respawn but not consume the pearls once spawned. Marl's absurd respawn should be cut down to a couple hours rather than days, but him in fear and only when draco isn't up. Give queen MOTM since ancient blade can't be 'd. You get the idea.

It's honestly too late now. Fix the bad ones (SK and bard) by removing a 0 from the bottleneck respawn timers, and "fix" the best ones by putting BG and UDB in the relevant instances (or in skyshrine if that's where mobs like to hang out). Next TLP, thought, maybe we can go the other way. I'd love having instanced content to prevent total lockout while keeping certain items prestige-level. Currently SWC is about it for that.
    Vaclav likes this.
  14. Syrup Augur

Then you should be well versed in what's required to obtain the epic.
    Yet, you're here rallying for DBG to literally change the game so they can "give us one epic a week"

Were you trying to get the game changed 15 years ago when you did your epic... or did you buckle down and complete the quest.
    Generally people mature over time, looks like you're the exception.
  15. Miss Shortcake Elder

I don't really see epics as a "prestige" thing anymore. That may have been the case 15 years ago. Nowadays every single epic quest is well documented on numerous websites. There's no more mystery or figuring it out. Yeah, some are probably too easy to get, but on a server where the raiding population far exceeds that of legacy servers and the expansions are unlocking quite rapidly, it's pretty silly to have gating mechanics with extremely long timers. Epics should be about working together with your guild and achieving something with a raid force, not about sitting in one place for 12-48 hours and crossing your fingers while watching netflix.
  16. Spooky Augur

Man there are a lot of stupid people on these forums
    4 epics are broken on the non poopsock instanced raid server. The end.
  17. Pikallo Augur

Based on your narrow-minded, biased, and nerd rage-induced responses to this thread alone, you are easily one of the biggest offenders of your aforementioned stupidity.

I thought you were done with this thread? Twice.

Clearly the debate is that some don't feel that the bard epic is "broken" and just because you can't fathom any viewpoint other than your own, you resort to calling everyone else stupid. Don't you have a Trump rally to get to?
  18. Spooky Augur

There are many other closed-minded opinions spouting off in this thread. The difference is they're wrong.
  19. Bewts Augur

Fixed it for you.
  20. TLP_Lover New Member