Accounts hacked and stripped

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Yurri, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Yurri New Member

Hi,

Could you look into my accounts. My accounts were logged into, and Saeko and Yurri both stripped, Saeko was also killed, and so is missing exp too!! On Lockjaw

The petition system seems broken, but I'm hoping there is some form of CS, though it seems broken in general atm.

ty
  2. Morningdew Lorekeeper

Customer service has not existed since Piestro left over a year ago.
  3. Cicelee Augur

There is a limited amount of people and a lot of petitions. Yours will be answered in the order that it was received. Patience is a virtue. Etc etc etc .
    complexication likes this.
  4. Arderd and Crowd Augur

I would think that basically, someone breaking the law (as I understand it) using your software, would take preference over "How come I got banned for abusing the /pick system?".

You live and learn.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

Except that in almost all cases that come up on these boards, it wasn't something illegal but rather someone sharing their password.
    Burstaf and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. Yurri1 New Member

Come on, this is a joke. It's been like 6 days!!!!!
    Been running my toons mostly naked with the odd upgrade for 6 days waiting for a GM. It's a joke, just not funny.
  7. Grove Augur

I do hope you filed a petition. You cannot expect management to help when your only contact was posted here.
  8. Yurri1 New Member

I got this today

"Account security is the responsibility of the account owner. We do not reverse actions that have occurred in your situation."

Because they don't hold my information, and they can prove I was hacked and it wasn't a failure at some point their end? So the offender doesn't get banned, or even punished, even though the items are easily traceable. Me? Well I have to sit there and take it apparently and re-gear 2 toons.

Biggest pile of BS I have EVER had the misfortune to read. This company is incompetent at best, willfully damaging its customer base is probably more accurate.
  9. Jetboy Lorekeeper

To my knowledge, no account has ever been randomly "raw" hacked by some stranger. Either someone you know, someone you got or shared the account with/from (friend or illegally bought) or a 3rd party program with a key-logger, which are banned as well, is more than all likelihood the culprit. Which means you take the fall for it one way or the other.

Be very wary when someone in-game you probably don't even know, simply "gives" you their account (with nothing special characters) for free, saying they decided to quit EQ for good. Then 6 months to a year or so later they intentionally return, which was pre-planned all along, and recover their account as they have all the original purchase/account information which you can't change. And you have now just spent all this time, effort and possibly even money leveling and gearing up any character on that account! It's an old scam that's actually pretty easy to do. Just create numerous free accounts and put a few ho-hum characters on it which are cheap and easy to toss together and then "give" them away. And just like going crab-hunting etc..., return later and see what you've caught!

The funniest I've ever hear of was some poor guys wife had his log in info and she went in and deleted all his characters. She then created new characters with names in the following order (semi-spelled correctly to get past the naming filter) which went something like:

1st character/name........."Youwdont"
    2nd character/name........"Lovemeeh"
    3rd character/name........."Anyymoore"
    4th character/name........."Iwannaa"
    5th character/name........."Diivorcce"

Now that's one harsh log-in!
  10. Yurri1 New Member

This is not the case, only myself and a friend have the account details, neither one of us took the items, or have any need to do so ( by that I mean we have like 90k on another account that wasn't hacked - which is a lot on lockjaw). I don't use any 3rd party programs AT ALL to play EQ. either.
  11. Picaresque Augur

Bingo! A shared account.

I strongly suggest you review this from 2007: https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-50306

Once another person is involved in an account, the ways security can be compromised increase rapidly and not always in ways expected.
    Perplexed likes this.
  12. Yurri1 New Member

Company man much? Love how you want to attack the victim of a crime, top chap.

And that says they would perform an investigation and restore the character. Though 8 days later I don't want to lose all the exp I have gotten. There is no proof the hack was my end, again. Again, another thief gets off Scot-free.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Your the one that shared your account info and crying you got hacked, but its not your fault? I don't see much if any effort on Daybreaks part to look into your matter .
  14. Yurri1 New Member

What does 2 people using an account have to do with an account being hacked? When a shared bank account gets used in fraud, does the bank say "sorry, shared account"? #plank

The only reason I can see for this attitude, is that you have stolen gear yourself, and are trying to justify your own actions. Why would anyone defend any course of action but the investigation (at the very least) of theft?
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Now that makes no sense. Just because someone says its likely the problem occurred with account info sharing does in no way indicate they have stolen gear.
    Darkark likes this.
  16. Yurri1 New Member

Guy says DBG shouldn't investigate (this) theft? What's the motive for that, then? There is no theft, in games or otherwise, that should not go un-addressed.
  17. code-zero Augur

What you are failing to understand is that there has been a long history of players scamming the game by liquidating their own equpiment then making a claim via petition that someone else accessed their account and stole it.

The investigations through the years overwhelmingly showed that if they didn't do this themself that they'd in some way compromised their own accounts through login sharing and thus they were responsible for their own loss.
    Perplexed likes this.
  18. Yurri1 New Member

Unauthorized access, and theft of gear - end of story. Ban accounts that directly received the items, and any others related to it (individuals name or e-mail).

It's not hard, items are traceable, and paid accounts needed to be used on lockjaw to receive these items - if they then decide not to give me back the gear, whatever.

Losing those accounts would greatly out-weigh the gain they got from those accounts who prolly only had 10k of gear on each anyway - which is less than the minimum krono they would need to use to be on this server.
  19. Warpeace Augur

You compromised your own accounts security by sharing account info...against the rules you agreed to abide by. Then oh please help me feel pity for me I was hacked!!! Your not going to get help from them you just admitted you violated the rules by sharing account info. I pointed that part out for you if you didn't realize. Your not going to get sympathy if you say you were hacked and admit sharing account info.

So lets try again...There is nothing for them to investigate you admitted to sharing the account info with at least one other person. You by admission compromised your accounts security and they don't need or have to do anything besides tell you to feel free to reacquire the items through game play. They might also remind you about account security and how it is your responsibility and that you should not share it with anyone.

Trying to accuse me of being a thief makes you childish and even less believable that you were the victim.
  20. Yurri1 New Member

As the link is down, I imagine from that quote that English isn't your first language. The quote below makes no mention of forfeiting any rights you have, and is just a recommendation and suggestion for account security.

"Once another person is involved in an account, the ways security can be compromised increase rapidly and not always in ways expected.

And I have said, that if they perform an investigation and ban the appropriate people, they can decide to not reimburse me. It's not the items, it's the violation of my accounts that is important to me.

But there you go, supporting the right of anonymity and impunity of thieves again.