A "what do?" scenario, AFK killing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Uxtalzon, May 5, 2013.

1. Uxtalzon Augur

Thanks for the replies, my cute little forum posters! Zomg, Oranges, I could just peel your rind and glibbidy glob gloob blib blab! :3

So you all seem to be in agreement: risky location, so the risk of death is their fault. And yeah Mykaylla, quests on either side and running out of mobs. Moving several players back and forth is crotch-punchingly frustrating! No form of communication is working (no response AT ALL), so screw it. lol
  2. Toquillaw Augur

I also wouldn't feel remorse either, but I would shout out about a train just in case they are there. If not and they die, then it isn't really an issue since any exp lost is easily regained by ressing ... which they probably won't do in time since they are afk and that is also their problem. And, they regain the exp easily while afk again, so the total damage done is fairly minimal.

What are they going to do? Complain that they have to be afk even longer? lol
  3. Axxius Augur

If the AFKers are blocking your pull path, send them a tell or 2 first. If they don't reply within whatever amount of time you feel reasonable then you can either ignore their existence and pull through them (if they die - it's their problem), or you can report/petition them for unattended play and/or zone disruption because they are disrupting your play.
  4. Drathus Augur

There is a group of three toons and three mercs that is always afk mercing at the intersection of the Hobgoblin caves in Plane of Nightmare on the Firiona Vie server. We go there from time to time when level up alts. It is disruptive, as it's impossible to pull mobs from the other side of them without training and kill them. They sit at the major intersection between several of the small areas. So, you literally have to move into each area and kill to avoid wiping their afk group. The intersection has a large number of roamers, so it maximizes their afk exp. It's a great place to level as there are a large number of mobs in a relatively small area of the map.

The group probably thinks they are out of the way here, and for the most part they probably are.
  5. gcubed Augur

Anyone with a rez spell can cast it on your corpse while you are afk. The fact that they accepted the rez indicates that they were not AFK 100% of the time, though. ;)