A More Accurate Account of Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kamikazeheart, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Nolrog Augur

Because people like to complain. If they weren't complaining that the XP was too slow, the same people would complain that the XP was too fast. They actively look for things to complain about, because they aren't happy unless they find something to be miserable about.
  2. Karbon New Member

As i thought. Enjoy the soon to be dead server. Even half of your guild will quit within 1-2 months. GG
  3. Karbon New Member

There is quite a large disparity between 16 and 45 lol =)
  4. Fhiele Augur

If only I'd been done on Agnarr, I might have enjoyed Coirnav. I played 2 days, made 3 krono, and now I'm not interested. If they'd waited 3-4 months for this release, I would have wanted to stay.

The XP Rate was a little slow, but with the bonus xp, it was fine. Anyone who tries hard will hit 50 by the end of it. No xp complaints.

I was annoyed how long it took for the 'economy' to start, but other then that it was a decent experience. Just..need to get more stuff done on Agnarr.
  5. Morbid Journeyman

Why is it so bothersome to you that he/she is having fun on Coirnav?
  6. Karbon New Member

I never said it was bothersome did I? Where did you fabricate that from?
  7. Critt Augur

fabricated? I think you mean inferred....I would say he inferred it from the tone of your posts.
  8. Karbon New Member

You mean the tone you are making up because I called out your guildmate. Got ya. Just because someone says something you don't like doesn't mean it was malicious. I made a statement, your friend knows its true and he won't even attempt it. End of story.
  9. Karbon New Member

You mean the tone you are making up because I called out your guildmate. Got ya. Just because someone says something you don't like doesn't mean it was malicious. I made a statement, your friend knows its true and he won't even attempt it. End of story.
  10. Karbon New Member

11. Karbon New Member

Triple post for the win?
  12. Critt Augur

I didn't say anything was malicious, i merely stated that one could infer from the tone of your comments that you found it bothersome that someone was having fun when you clearly wish they weren't from your comments like this gem... "As i thought. Enjoy the soon to be dead server. Even half of your guild will quit within 1-2 months. GG
  13. Karbon New Member

No, that couldn't be further from the truth in this case. I want all to have fun. Not just the guilds that have premade groups running from the onset of the server. I have no problem at all with people having fun...that is what the game is for.
  14. Karbon New Member

The truth of the matter is you don't want me to have fun. The person that is either solo or grouping at their leisure. Because if you had an concern for folks like me you would be very concerned with the way xp is working on this server.
  15. anonymoose New Member

if you dont like the xp soloing, i suggest warcraft. much more single player friendly game for levelling
  16. Karbon New Member

No thanks
  17. Morbid Journeyman

Your posts. It is very obvious.
  18. Sillyfish Elder

Why are you focusing on the fact I'm 16 and ignoring the entirety of the rest of my post? Simply because you've decided to set the bar at level 45 before someone can have a validated opinion that Coirnav is ok to play on does not mean anything.

I and many other people are enjoying the server. Tonight I joined a guild that had around 15 people online when I was ( I am very glad I found an Asian/oceanic/Australian guild to play with) and the future looks very bright.

The evidence I am presenting outweighs any thought project you might have on the subject in my opinion.
  19. Critt Augur

It's not a matter of not wanting you to have fun, why would any guild want other players to not have fun that's counterproductive...I can tell you I made it to 33 by pugging most of my time because I enjoy meeting more than just my guild mates, for me the social aspect is what makes EQ great otherwise there are tons of better games out there. Anyway your posts make you sound like you are mad at people for playing differently than you, so what if some guild members only group with guildies that's their choice and should have no effect on your game experience. Now as to the experience....well you have many choices available if you think it's too slow play on a different server that has xp more to your liking or play a different game that has xp more to your liking...but arguing with people that clearly don't mind the new server is kind of pointless since you have your opinion and they have theirs.
  20. Febb Augur

I think it's funny that people make generalizations about something because they didn't happen to like it. Evidence from Phinigel suggests that Coirnav will be just fine. The same exact thing happened with Phinigel, the very casual crowd left early because they couldn't stomach the experience rate. The server went on to have over 20+ raiding guilds regardless.
    Critt likes this.
  21. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I don't think Coirnav will be dead in a month, but I don't think it's a raging success either. We're less than a week out from launch and Coirnav is already seeing dips to 2/3 on the population meter. Agnarr went weeks, if not months, before it ever saw a dip. I can't account for every moment of every day, but I was checking it a lot after launch and I never saw it below full at any point in the first few weeks.

I logged on at Coirnav's launch and tried to duo a couple accounts. There was almost nothing to kill in Tox Forest, lots of people all over, in a less popular newbie zone. It looked like a strong launch, but I could already tell by level 2 that the curve was going to be very slow. I've leveled new characters many times and I know how it should feel going through the first five levels. I soloed a Bard to 6 on Phinny before Agnarr launched and that just dragged on.

I was never really planning to stick with Coirnav, but if anything was going to convince me otherwise, it didn't happen. I think the current exp rate, with the bonus, is the bare minimum acceptable rate. I could probably see myself leveling up a main on a couple accounts over there if I was bored, but probably not once the rate goes back to normal.

Hopefully the server does ok long term, with more than just minimal population levels.
  22. Rovell Elder

This response is hilarious. I play the game the way I want to because it's fun for me. The fact that you expect me to start over and pug my way to 45 so you can somehow prove a point is hilarious. The funny thing is, you don't know me. You're making assumptions about me, and this server, based on anecdotal evidence at best. I'm going to continue enjoying the game with a ton of other like-minded friends who are also having fun on Coirnav. Once I hit 50, I'll level some boxes and that'll be fun too. If you aren't having fun then don't play here, wait for a future server with a ruleset that will appeal to you. In the meantime, too much salt is bad for you.
    Tsar, Starr and Critt like this.