A More Accurate Account of Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kamikazeheart, Mar 19, 2018.

1. kamikazeheart Elder

With all the negative posts on here spinning Coirnav into this server where it will take you a year to hit level 50 if you’re a casual, all the while fighting over camps with 6 box crews, I feel the need to set the record Straight.

To people thinking of joining the server, I suggest you don’t read all the negative posts on this board and go try the server for yourself. My first weekend has recaptured a lot of the feeling I had when playing EQ for the first time.

I had a lot fun day one on my wizard even though I had limited time. I ran into a group grinding in GFay and got asked to join them, no one was boxing and we had a great time grinding on orc hill. Never were our spawns contested by a six box crew. I’m not saying I didn’t see a couple of them running around but they kept to themselves. The next day I went into crushbone, LFGd in Faydwer channel and got a group in a couple minutes. Had fun meeting some cool people all playing one account, never saw a box crew in the few hours I was there, logged out with some new names on my friends list.

The following day I was in Felwithe, put up LFG tag and within seconds got a tell for a group in uguk. Made my way there and had a blast xping in the old zone, brought back tons of memories. Won a necklace of undead protection and made some decent plat selling bronze weapons. Didn’t see a box crew the entire 5 hours I was there.

I don’t understand where all the negativity is coming from about this server. Maybe from people who have never played TLP and were expecting that there weren’t going to be some Kronos farmers (sorry it’s a reality they are there, but in a week they’ll all be sitting at GEBs and BAM camps and you’ll never see them). Maybe they didn’t realize that xp rates were going to be slow, sorry but you’ve all been spoiled by fast xp rates on other servers. I played for about 14 hours this weekend without Xp pots and I’m level 18. Leveling is supposed to feel like an accomplishment, and 60 is going to be the level cap for 16 weeks. Even someone with only 10 hours a week to play could hit that by PoP.

TL/DR: I’ve been having a blast on Coirnav in spite of seeing a box group or two here and there. Most groups have consisted of single box with some dual box (this is nothing new, it was like that in classic EQ days people seem to forget). I’ve made new friends and recaptured some of that old EQ feeling. It’s a fun server with a population that will stay healthy for many years to come!
  2. Ephyr Lorekeeper

Well.. that's just, like.. your opinion, man.
  3. Green_Mage Augur

There are no BAMs -- they were taken out after they let "Theking" make RL $ for months running boxed mages. Then they took out pottery when other people besides "Theking" started doing it.

It's pretty obvious he knew people that worked there.
  4. welly321 Elder

How can you say the leveling rate is fine even without the bonus if you have only experienced it with the bonus?
    jeskola likes this.
  5. kamikazeheart Elder

Because I just subtract 50% of my levels. 9 levels in 14 hours is pretty much what I remember xp being like on Phinny and that server is doing just fine.
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Good thing you were here to set the record straight with YOUR opinion, which seems to supercede all other opinions by requiring its own thread, despite all the other threads that exist for the current state of Coirnav.

Way to go, hero. You saved the day. We're all eternally grateful.
    jeskola likes this.
  7. kamikazeheart Elder

Obviously you don’t know the difference between stating an opinion and sharing an experience. My post is a summary of my experience the first weekend. That’s not an opinion. I try to make a positive post about my experience on the server and you feel the need to tear it down. That’s very toxic behavior.

As an old guild member of yours from CoC I’m very disappointed by this response :(
  8. welly321 Elder

"Its a fun server with a population that will stay healthy for many years to come!"

Sounds like an opinion. Try again
  9. Kahna Augur

12 levels. It's a 150% exp run, not 200% exp.

Oh and the level cap will be 60 for 36 weeks (with AA to grind the last 12 weeks.) The whole 8 week for no level cap thing doesn't start till GoD. 12 Weeks for everything until then.
  10. kamikazeheart Elder

Ok the one line in my post that was an opinion. Let’s continue to pick apart my attempt at adding a positive experience to the sea of negativity on this board.
  11. jhaimes Lorekeeper

I enjoyed your post. I’m having a great time on the server as well. It’s truly pathetic how people act these days as if any positivity will ruin their day.
  12. Fluid Augur

hehe Join the club, I take breaks from the forum more often then I take a break from the game for the same reason. Forum 'tude is an order of magnitude worse then that in the game. Had a rocking good time on Coirnav last night with a group that was pulling all of the gobbie camps in Misty Thicket.
    Wazzat and kamikazeheart like this.
  13. Coder Joe Journeyman

Most of the people on Coirnav are too busy enjoying it to argue with all the whining kids on the forums complaining they aren't level 50 with uber lewts after 30 minutes of game time.
  14. anonymoose New Member

CoC, Cult of Chaos from Phinigel ?
  15. jeskola pheerie

/reported for Zone Disruption: Monopolizing content
  16. RandomStrategy Augur

I'm glad the people on Coirnav are having fun, but after having gone through Classic - Luclin raiding so much, I don't want to do it again so soon. I'm gonna finish out PoP on Agnarr and maybe level a few other characters afterward until the next server (or Pantheon, but let's be real, it's a big IF) comes. Hopefully that server will have a more interesting rule set.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

It mostly comes from people who hate boxers, hate krono, or just hate. Rarely is the hate justified.

Edit: A couple of people on this thread are the ones that just hate. It's pretty easy to pick them out.
  18. Morbid Journeyman

For a lot of us, it is a fact.
    Wazzat and kamikazeheart like this.
  19. kamikazeheart Elder

Yep, I was with the guild from Velious up until our first Quarm kill and then had to quit cause RL made it so I couldn’t raid anymore.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

If this server is so much fun then why arent YOU logged in playing?!

Back in my day (last year) we didnt have these threads because we were playing!