A Message From the Team about Phinigel XP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elkay Augur

I'd hardly call dedicating 3 hour a night every weekday to be "convenient" or "casual" in my book. That's a significant investment of time for a lot of people.

It is what it is. You won't see me around because the server isn't what I'm looking for. I haven't logged on since the first night and won't be coming back.

For those enjoying the server, I'm happy for you and best of luck to you. For those like myself that decided the required investment of time wasn't worth it, maybe DBG will realize someday there's a solid market for us mid-playtime folks, but probably not. Safe travels in real life or other games.
  2. Mashef_8013 Elder

The economy is almost dead because no one is leveling alternates without boxes and a crippled exp rate. I had way more groups on LJ/RJ and actually enjoyed my time in CL/Auction trade chat. Overall, still love the server and excited Kunark is only 2 months away but DBG is killing it on their own not even letting natural attrition take its toll.

I'm fairly hardcore and play 5 hours per work day and 12 hours plus on the weekends. Groups are so scarce you only get them when people are going to bed. Everyone is either 50 or super noob and not 40+ yet. Hurts when they run double exp over holidays when most grown adults travel.
    TipTap likes this.
  3. Ultrazen Augur

The exp rate is fine for the first month the server is open, after that, it becomes an increasing liability on the server and will only serve to ensure no new players join.

The need to catch up already kills servers with faster experience, thinking it will have any other effect than being a double hurdle is an astonishing lack of logic.

The combination of slow exp, and difficult to box, is going to make this server the quickest to die.

I don't think DBGs gives 2 hoots what happens to any of these TLPs after the initial rush there is to get on them. They've all proven to have no legs, regardless of ruleset. I'll bet we see an endless cycle of new TLP being released until they no longer attract enough resubs.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  4. TipTap Journeyman

Exactly!
    SithWizard and Slambit like this.
  5. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Lol you can't be serious? Auction channels are PACKED with people selling all kinds of items for all different level ranges. I rolled 2 alts in the past week and I found groups basically everywhere I went. DBG is not killing anything. This is the best TLP released ever. I hope they don't change a single thing beacuse of a vocal minority crying on the forums.
  6. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

You're not tired and you're not done. You post on every experience related thread about how you want to raid in era with your 2 hour a night schedule. It just won't work. Leave already and let us enjoy the server we love.
  7. Denno Elder

You are not enjoying the game. You Are just forcing yourself to pretend you like it to cover up for your sad existance. You should either stop analysing others or get some therap yourself :)
  8. Pseudofate Augur

The Internet.

Helping people with small balls say what would otherwise go unsaid since the mid 90's.
  9. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

What? I don't even.
  10. SithWizard Elder

The exp on Phinny is horrible. I have to agree that raising it to RF / LJ levels would be awesome.
  11. Denno Elder

Act
    ually, i am sorry about the insult. Im just edgy about this entire thing. If Ragefire had gotten an early Velious i wouldnt even have considered going to Phinny. So the slow xp rate on phinny, in combination with allready spending loads of time in classic made me stop logging in. I am happy for you, that you love the server, but to some of us its been a game killer.
  12. Lilnukenuke Journeyman

For all that can't stop begging for LJ / RF xp rate on Phinny...how about trade off then and those that stayed on LJ / RF get to have instance raids.

Win win ?
    Or
    Lose lose ?
  13. Risiko Augur

Two things...

1. For the people complaining about the experience grind, EXP GRIND *IS* EVERQUEST.

Until much, much later on in the expansions (when EQ was ruined with quests galore), the whole design of EQ is based on experience grind and rare loot drops. That's the game. If you don't like that, then you don't like old-school EQ. Try a live server instead.

2. For, the people complaining about not raiding in era for classic, trust me when I say you are not missing anything.

Classic EQ raids are boring at best. The dungeon content is more fun in classic than raids. I really think you're fantasizing about killing nagging as being something it's not.
  14. Brumski Augur

With the exp rates back to half of what it was, I predict that within 2 weeks there will only be half as many people logged in during prime time. Viva la grind!
  15. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Viva la whine !
    Venthos likes this.
  16. Brumski Augur

Viva un necio ignorante!
  17. Denno Elder

Made a lvl 1 yesterday, and it fealt like xp been fixed. Some of the testers should test
  18. xakanrn Augur

be nice to know before i use my last krono up=)
  19. EradzEQ Elder

Its still the same. lvl 10 necro soloing yellows still only netting ~2% a kill. I can double check this.
  20. uk6999 Augur

I have a level 50 that I mowed through levels during both double xp windows thanks to an understanding wife. I was also lucky that I got groups and decent ones most of the time during those windows. I will say this for now:

- I am having fun Raiding. Strangely I spend way less time raiding per night than I did leveling.

- I wont be rolling alts until another double xp window or experience is curved out for lower levels. It just isn't fun to do it yet again (after being on previous TLPs) and I don't have the time. Which is a shame because I typically like having a few chars.

- While I was leveling I noticed a common trend that I did not see or notice in classic or even on the other TLP servers. With that being people will camp out, /q, your group if it isn't optimal. No one wants to waste time in a group that isn't taking full advantage of constant pulls, fast stream of xp or charmed enc pets laying waste. I have actually done this myself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.