A Message From the Team about Phinigel XP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

Customers? Lol

I dont know anyone that pays to play this. We all quit leveling our toons and have started using a pool of 45+ toons to farm gear to sell for kronos because the exp is too slow and we know there will be gimmicks to let us catch up. Prolly end up paying someone X Kronos to let us AFK exp from 30 to 50.

But then again, Steam holiday sale is on . . . so . . . might just let my krono stack rot and play that. I dont have time in my life to grind 80hrs worth of exp in EQ when everyone I know has done that a dozen times.

Whatever, like I said, this is free for everyone I know.
  2. Mashef Augur

Hard to argue with this. I might just farm a few more Paws of Opalla and BAM's and pay for PL with the kronos. I did the grind on RF and then LJ on top of 2 servers back in the day. It's old.

Nerfed exp served its purpose, the top guilds are established and the rest of the server is mid to high 30s and some low 40s if you put in serious hours during double exp like I did. Then you have everyone else, the bottom feeders, those below casual who are still not even 10.

I don't plan on using my next krono to sub until they have another double exp or remove the penalty. In any event Phinny is the last server I will ever play on for EQ. This is the swan song. How does it end DBG? A mass exodus before Kunark or after PoP? Most business folks would want the latter as it creates more revenue generating opportunities for your organization.
  3. Trevalon Augur

So I completely cleared my schedule, pawned my baby off on my parents and the in-laws and pounded my head into EQ for the last 3 days and put in about 40-45 hours total for double exp. Got to almost level 48.

After doing all that ...I still firmly believe EXP is WAY to slow on this server and the NORMAL exp rate should be the double exp rate. There were a few people in my guild who didn't get to level very much and were still in their teens/early twenties and all I could think was how bad I feel for those people for their grind ahead. Especially bad now because the server just became significantly more top heavy than it was before and lower level groups are not as in supply as they were last week.

I am now even more worried than before that new people will not be able to complete the leveling journey on Phinigel server and this server will lose to attrition long before it should

Please consider upping the EXP for those people who are coming late to the server. You proved your point and you slowed down those hardcore people and they didn't kill the gods in 2 days, but now that the gods are dead it is time to let everyone else play too. I want this to be a thriving community with lots of people and a healthy server for years to come and I worry that this won't happen without infusions of new people over the next year or two.
  4. drew0987654 Augur

to keep up, like I did. to be fair one person in the group said, "I don't want double xp to end :(" but everyone else was along the lines of "just 6 more hours of this...."
    and then someone says it's hard to argue with this and no one corrects it? wow. when you consume 1 krono DBG makes MORE money for the month that krono is used, not less. it's just that someone besides you actually paid for it. and I plan on grinding the hell out of plat and stacking as many krono as I can just to make life harder for the boxers who rely on it. the more ppl buying it, the higher the price for it will go. the higher you have to pay for it, the less willing/able ppl will be to farm for it. if I make it so that they have to farm 1 hour more per week, and 25 other ppl do the same, some of them will quit doing it.

I'm not going to end my subscription either, I don't care if I have a million kronos, this game is sick and I'm going to support it. they've done so much to make this server as great as possible.

so you would have ONLY leveled up 3 times this weekend w/o double xp? once per day? and you think that's too slow? maybe if you grinded hard for 6 hours a day and that's all you got I could understand the complaint. I don't think you did much though, either that or you were just in the wrong zone. if your goal is to level, then it's pretty easy to find out the most time efficient camps. btw I gained 3.5 levels yesterday in 2 hours killing swirling smokes in lavastorm mountains with a bunch of nukers. my skills are way lower than what they should be for my level now. I'll be grouping against light blues and greens to get my skills up today, I'm not even trying to level (28 is high enough for the second week in, lol). in short - kill the right mobs if you want to level but that's not even the most fun anyway. camp an item that would benefit you with some new ppl and get to know them. when you finally get it you'll feel way better than dinging for the billionth time in your life. or alternatively it won't drop or the place holder will keep spawning instead of the named, but that's the beauty of eq - you don't just get the upgrade every time. upgrades would be as meaningless and replaced every hour, like in wow, if that were the case. maybe you should play wow.
  5. drew0987654 Augur

never trust someone who uses "you're" instead of "your" in this context, they're just always clueless.

1. 3 progression servers, yeah, this was in the context of what I was saying, "back when it was SOE and I was asking for another progression server." I wanted 1 and most ppl thought it was a bad idea. we got 3 more since then. THREE... yeah 3.

2. yes, it's actually a FACT that, direct quote here, "at least the folks I talked to feel this way." FACT, that's not "my opinion" that the ppl I talked to said those things. I'm trolling though? lol, unreal. yeah I suppose it's not fact b/c you can just refuse to believe that anyone said those things though? it's still a factual statement, whether I was lying or not but if I was lying it wouldn't be "subjective," it would just be false.

ASK IN-GAME. also don't trust someone who uses "complains" when they mean "complaints." there are typos ["tupos" for example, note that the correct key is right next to the mistake] and there are just ignorant comments that sound like you've never read a book b4 ["their is just ignorant comments" for example]. not being a "grammar ," there's a pretty big difference. I don't bother to capitalize for example, who the hell doesn't know that the first letter of each sentence is supposed to be capitalized? it's a waste of time. these are short msgs, not books. it just irks me when someone is obviously trying really hard with "correct" punctuation and use of the shift key (LOL) but they misuse common words.

this is coming from someone who knows that his posts often devolve into schizophrenic run on sentences the IRL equivalent of massive trains of hill giants in Nro... ugh, does anyone else do that? today I was walking down the sidewalk for blocks just waiting for an opportunity to cross the street to the grocery store and the idea that the way the lights were set up combined with how some ppl speed from 0-25 as fast as they can while other ppl take it slowly ensures that the street is "permacamped." it was a moment of horror as I then remembered that I was playing eq in 2 of my dreams and wondered how soon it would be that I would actually be dreaming about being IN the game.... *shudder*
  6. Denno Elder

No, without the double xp i would have lvled up 0 times. Just as i am going to stop lvl up now. The lvling i did was chain pulling yellow cons in uguk and unrest so insanely effecient. I worked 9 hours a day each day of the double xp with 2 hours transport every day. So as every single time they pull theese double. P weekends they do it on my work weekend. Lastly you should hurt yourself for suggesting anyone to play wow, its the stupidiedt suggestion to give anyone. Are uou realy so E-penor envy now ten years later ?
  7. drew0987654 Augur

can someone else confirm that 15 hours of playing was only 6 levels in double xp? I really don't know how many I played, but I do remember gaining 4 levels yesterday in less than 3 hours. I think you're doing something wrong. I really, really wanted to prove that "E-penor" has nothing to do with my posts here and that I really only want to show DBG that even some ppl on the forums are more than content, but I'm honestly not even 100% sure b/c I know I don't believe that my actions will affect what they do, therefore.... really, why the hell am I wasting my time here??? I don't think I've ever not been on here and said to myself, DON'T POST ANYTHING TODAY, JUST SNOOP FOR A SECOND, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.... somehow I manage to waste my time though, I don't know why I can't help myself. it's like I don't think it will take that much of my time even though it does every single time. at least more time than I would have believed that I was willing to spare beforehand. GRRRRRRRRRRR
  8. Yoosung New Member

I just started playing again cause my friend and co-workers wanted me to get back into it with them. I missed double xp weekend and I've been playing for 5 hours now but I'm regretting it. It's going to be almost impossible to catch up to them since it's so damn slow. In 5 hours and only got to level 5 so far. Don't understand punishing the majority cause you want to slow down the top 5-10% cause they wanna go hardcore and not sleep 2-3 days.
  9. Nicorus Elder

XP rate would be alot more tolerable for people if EQ in this era was better balanced I think. In a group with access to 2 solid xp camps, a good puller and 2 charm pets the XP isn't bad even without a buff.

For your average joe it can be pretty slow though, you get one camp that is maybe or maybe not semi contested, you have a rogue and a druid friend instead of an enc and necro, and watch that XP rate drop through the floor.

Personally I think they need to increase XP rate by atleast 50% permanently for the health of the server. Its just not fun to gain xp this slowly or be forced into very specific group setups to try to work around it.

People want to have fun with nostalgia but this server is a dose of bitter reality, you remember fondly the days of playing your rogue in lguk, this server reminds you pretty brutally how much that class really sucked back then, and how much better off your group would be if you just left and they got a caster.
  10. Nerdz Elder

Drew,
    It really depends on what level you are at. This guy looks like he is in unrest/LGuk so likely 15-26 range??? In this range they should have got more levels, yes but he did mention some porting around and likely had some problems finding a group since I am guessing he's a druid.

I could see 6 levels although that leveling pace is killer slow.

For higher levels (44+) 6 levels in 15 hours would be pretty baller in the double XP.

What level are you in game BTW drew and what is your /played?
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ya after careful consideration I think I'm done on this server.
    I didn't think the slow exp would be that slow but after trying to coordinate myself + 6 extra friends to give it a go I think we'll be giving up just based on experience.

The xp is just too much of a hurdle for me an my friends to overcome if I want to even make an alt or don't want to join the perfect non-stop xp group.

Thought it would be different but I was wrong.
    Even with power-leveling new friends to 10 - 14 using the red wine quest in neriak in under 90 minutes, once I log into an alt to level with them the dread begins again. It's just demoralizing on another level.

Oh well maybe if they ever raise the experience we'll be back but for now no worries used 9 krono to get everyone activated, made back 49 krono just from playing the ec tunnel trade.

Good luck to everyone on this server.
  12. TipTap Journeyman

I heard about this new progression server named Phinigel that had 3 month expansion unlocks and instanced raiding. I was looking forward to getting over a week off work to start playing. It had been about 4 years since I played last.

Well, I got my chance this morning after downloading the game all night and created a new account as I couldn't remember my old account information. Once in game, I see a lot of level 50's and players close to 50. I don't know how you did it, but my xp bar isn't moving. I think I must have gotten to old to play, as I don't remember EQ being this difficult.

Anyway, thanks for the memories EQ. They were some good days.
  13. Denno Elder

I think you are mixing up posts, i gained 6 lvls but never mentioned time played and nothing about 15 hours. Lvling speed with double xp was pretty fast, i think 60-90 minutes per lvl. I found groups relatively easy, but since i have a full workload this weekend, since i have family life, i need shopping, sleeping, transportation and everything i have so extremely limited time in the assigned 4 days that it only gave 6 lvls. Two of the evenings i was too tired to login. Ppl from my guild with time to play went from 26 to 46 with some effort of course.

My second point is that since i only have time to gain 6 lvls in my extremely limited timeframe i have to gain the remaining 44 lvls in ultra slow mode, meanwhile the ppl who had time to play in the weekend got maybe 20 lvls and only have to do 30 lvls in ultra slow mode. So the double punishment is a reward to the hardcores, but a punishment to the casual players.

Then finaly about wow that the other guy mentioned. Just because i am leaving eq because of slow xp, dos not mean i am going to waste time on an ancient crap game like wow. I am going to play something new, if anything. Just saying you should get over wow and forget the E-penor damage that was made to you ten years ago when wow was new.
  14. Nerdz Elder

Yeah quite disheartening when it takes over 10 hours bogged down in the 1-10 level range...
  15. TipTap Journeyman

Oh, I just saw this thread. I tried the new server today after being away from EQ for a few years. I thought it was just me getting old and not being about to level quickly enough. But it's the xp rate that is at fault. I can't play at this experience rate. I would never be able to keep up. I didn't realize this was a server for hard core elites. I'll just wait for a casual, instanced server.
  16. EradzEQ Elder

I wouldnt say its for the hardcore elite but more along the lines of ppl with a boatload of extra time. Don't equate hours of grinding to skills! :)
  17. xakanrn Augur

sadly despite looking on the surface to be the point some of us felt TLP should be it is not .
    i been back for most of them and honestly i now realise how bad the exp gain was in 1999-2001 period and even though some factors like corpse run which took a lot of the time is gone i am pretty too far gone like you to spent endless hours on the game grinding in same spot.
    some say newer mmorpg have spoilt the experience but when you got limited time you really do not want to log in for 1 hour or so and have to camp in same spot and pray some group will have you for such a short period .
    i still browse around hoping they change their mind on the experience or consider changing RF to full instance or make another server
  18. xakanrn Augur

actually there is no punishment for the hardcore.you only slow the hardcore by a few days at best.
    in any mmorpg no matter how high the bar is set the real hardcore need only 1-2 weeks at best
    i feel its about krono selling if anything else
    problem with this experience is not because people want instant 50s.they are worried that they will lag so far behind on expansions and content.they also worry that given how slow the experience is playing 1 hour a day is not enough to even set up to a new zone and group.essentially you have to level in one zone for a while to be effective.as it is classic has very limited areas to explore ,more so without a good group.so you log on in upper guk .log off there .repeat for weeks then repeat same in lower guk.that is boooring .
  19. Venthos Augur

The veil is so thin on these "Phinigel's XP rate has caused me to down spiral into crippling depression" posts it's so amusing. Good news is, on the 5 stages of grief, that crowd has progressed onto Stage 4 (Depression). It's probably not going to happen this week, but I am looking forward to when the community hits Stage 5 (Acceptance) and we move on from this tired argument. Login, group, be merry.

The XP rate on Phinigel is fantastic. It is ideal. A lot of us love it. and we're the ones playing versus unloading our Ocean of Tears (get it?) onto the forums.

Kindly awaiting this thread to be shunted into the Tears Bucket that is the Phinigel XP thread.
    FurySoul likes this.
  20. Eliseus Augur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.