A Letter to Froglok Monks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

My dear friends,

It pleases me to hear that so many of you are turning to peace. Norrath has suffered under the weight of violence, hatred, and conflict for too long. Our world cries out for peace. Our people cry out for peace.

It wasn't very long ago that we guktans lived in harmony with each other. Before the paladins among us declared war on the undead. Before our shadowknights hungered for disease and fear.

Now, we are a people at war. I don't mean the trolls, although they remain a significant threat to peace. We are at war with ourselves.

Half of our society is obsessed with fighting for the Truthbringer--an honorable goal, but incomplete. Truth and justice must be cultivated, but there is a deeper truth at work in the world than what the paladins would tell us.

There is a truth in every one of us--a core to our being that defines who we are and where we belong. Our first duty is to discover ourselves, our truth. If we kill a hundred evils but lose ourselves, what have we gained?

Many of you, seeking to join me in the path of the monk, have asked me what you must do.

First, my friends, seek to know yourself. Know your truth, and then you will realize that every person your encounter has a truth inside of them too—a truth of identity and purpose that is just as valid as yours.

As monks of Quellious, it is our calling to understand not only ourselves, but also our friends. Not only our friends, but also our neighbors. Not only our neighbors, but also our rivals. Not only our rivals, but also our enemies.

Many of you count the necromancers and shadowknights of our communities among your enemies. This must end. We are guktan. We have many enemies outside our city walls, we don't need to make more within.

As monks of Quellious, it is our duty to extol the healing powers of peace to the holy warriors as much as the death heralds. The guktans will be healed by peace. The guktans need peace. The guktans will bring peace, first to ourselves and then to the world.

This peace will ultimately come to us through knowledge, but the world is not ready for it yet. There is too much aggression and hatred, which threaten to snuff out the hope of peace before it can be realized.

If we are successful, peace will become natural for all creatures on Norrath. For now, however, it must be fought for. This is where many of my critics have failed to understand my teachings. We hone our bodies, we refine our fighting techniques so that we may come to the aid of the victims of violence.

We work towards peace, but peace cannot be achieved if we allow the forces of chaos to kill the innocent, the hopeful, and the peaceful. We must defend their harmony with perfect training and perfect execution of our martial arts if peace is to succeed.

To that end, I will be returning to the Mountains of Rathe later this week to continue your martial training. Any guktan interested in pursuing the monk's path is welcome to join us, so spread the word.

As some of you have heard, Sugal the Fist will be leading the lessons with me. He was the first monk of our people, and is responsible for starting me down this path to enlightenment. He has generously offered to share his knowledge of the fist and help me train as many of you as are willing. He will also offer guidance to those among you more comfortable continuing worship of Mithaniel Marr.

I have heard rumors of complaints about this partnership. Remember, young monks, we strive for peace. If we cannot find peace with our fellow monks who worship the Truthbringer, how can we hope to find peace with the unrighteous and corrupt?

In hopeful peace,

Ulno, the first guktan monk of Quellious
  2. Mary Poppins Augur

Dear Froglok monks,

You should have been gnomes.

Love,
    Morit
    Ssmash, Damoncord, Cordilya and 5 others like this.
  3. Zrarn New Member

Dear whomever makes these silly decisions.
    Where are the Vah Shir monks?
    The end.
    Qest T. Silverclaw and Graybeard like this.
  4. desimeq Journeyman

vah shir favor being beastlords, since they're cats
    froglocks cant be beastlords theres no beast that would be inferior to a frog, unless it was a smaller frog.

see my logic?
    Cordilya likes this.
  5. Kruegaron New Member

The humans have Dragon Punch, the iksar have Tail Rake, does this mean the frog has Flipper Slap ?

Sorry but i just cant take a frog monk seriously :D
  6. Treesong Elder

Panda monks however..... :)

Nice introduction to the new race/class combination, thanks Roshen. I hope there will be some new quests too.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can these be made in Rathe Mountains?

Currently on test they cannot.
  8. code-zero Augur

Tongue Lash?
    artofnoise likes this.
  9. Dar Smokinator New Member

how about instead of doing useless things like new race/class combos you guys pop out a new class all together. its only been however many years since zerkers dropped, its time for something fresh. Take a leaf out of borderlands book with the mecromancer and psycho classes, aint nothin special but still new and fun.
  10. Malystaire New Member

Speaking of a whole new class.....I'd love to see one with enchanter and monk like abilities called a Mentalist or Psion. It's about time we saw a melee class with real crowd control abilities and who can fight on the front lines at the same time. Maybe this would help with the lack of overall enchanter numbers.
    Gythlen likes this.
  11. Phrett Augur

Considering all the drama and conflict around balancing us around rogues, wizards and the like... I find it highly unlikely we'll ever see a new class in this game again. If we do, it will need to have a role extremely different than what's currently available in other classes.
  12. Xirtket Augur

Or a debilitating "FROAAK"!!
  13. Braveheart Augur

A froglok beastlord pet: Fly
    Cordilya likes this.
  14. Gortar Augur

Fly is to frog and gnome is to troll!
  15. Darzag Elder

Froglok monks are almost as rediculous as treant pets.
  16. Odjin Tyr New Member

I always thought it weird that an Illusionist doesn't have Feign death, I mean seriously I can become a Plant, a Corpse, any race in the game, but I can't illusion myself to look dead ?
  17. Odjin Tyr New Member

On that note Let Beastlords Equip the Fungal Tunic!
  18. Fendy Augur

Firstly, this is obviously beating a dead horse (frog?)

Secondly, I know nothing about the lore of EQ2 other than it's set in the distant future from EQ1.

It seems to me that if EQ1 is going to evolve to the point of adding new races and classes they should be what exists in the future, ie EQ2. New races there are Fae, Arasai, Sarnak, Freeblood, Kerra (apparently Vah Shir died out) and Ratonga. New classes are Guardian, Bruiser, Fury, Warden, Dirge, Troubador, Assassin, Mystic, Defiler, Templar, Inquisitor, Swashbuckler, Brigand, Warlock, Conjurer, Illusionist and Coercer. These are essentially current classes that were divided into subclasses. I did not list the races and classes that still exist, just the ones that were added or changed.

With all that being said, Froglok Monks and Wood Elf Beastlords DO exist in the future. Let's hope the next expansion brings us a new race to play. I'd like to be a Sarnak or maybe Ratonga.
  19. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

If the greatest evil in the world gave a quest to torture to death the nicest, kindest, most pious child, who had a 1 in 10 chance of dropping a 200ac, 5,000hp item how many paladins of goodness and light would not do it over, and over, and over...
  20. Putrify Elder

Here, here! I second that! I actually just got one, specifically for my upcoming Beastlord, and was shocked BST can't equip.... Was still fun to kill the fungi, though....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.