8/20 Modest Man breaks sky rotation.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frosin, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banuvan Augur

That could happen for sure. Personally FI doesn't move until given the word to move on any sort of raid target. We trust our leadership to keep up to date on where and when we can and cannot be in regards to raid targets. Because of this trust you don't see FI doing things like this.

Yes, somebody could specifically do something like you outlined above. Isn't it also the guild leaderships responsibility to know who they are inviting and keeping in their guild? It can be tough to know everybody in a guild with hundreds of members. This is a potential downside to having such massive guilds unfortunately.

One of the things that is completely lost on the TLP servers of today that used to matter is a person and a guilds reputation. If you had a bad rep the good guilds blacklisted you and you never joined them. If a guild had a bad rep many people didn't want to join them. That reputation aspect has been eliminated almost completely from these servers. With that said this is a good reason for guilds to look at their membership and actually pay attention to who they are inviting to their guild rather than just mass inviting people. This could potentially start making individual and guild reputations matter again which is a good thing imo.
    Fallfyres and tofu stir fry like this.
  2. Reincarnated82 New Member

Wow this is bs. My other characters in MM got suspended becuz dbags like darth planted boxers in the guild to kill mobs in sky. Nobody is *that* stupid to intentionally get themselves and the whole guild suspended. Goodjob faceless insanity, you guys have stooped to a whole new level.
  3. Banuvan Augur

Removing the rotation would solve this issue 100%.
    Mishkin and captnstudy like this.
  4. Lateryn Augur

You can't . DBG has enforced rotation.

Read the rotation sticky at top to find the google document. That document is the only way you will be killing anything in sky(outside of FFA efreeti days) without getting in trouble.

Also DBG warned everyone that they would suspend the entire guild if a guild broke rotation.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Ebon Elder

Dumbest....most petty ...ever.
  6. Adrynlyn New Member

This is absolutely ridiculous. DBG suspends all of Modest Man for 3 days because 1 guy breaks the rotation, and he's no longer in the guild. So here's a note to everyone, if you want to get a whole guild suspended for 3 days get a character invited and break rotation.
    Simone likes this.
  7. Terethian Elder

500+ accounts suspended?
    ........The Jedi's are going to feel this one.
    Soltara likes this.
  8. Adrynlyn New Member

A guild didn't break rotation, 1 guy did.
    Simone likes this.
  9. Lateryn Augur

You said you are new, but there is bad history between MM and FI and neither side is innocent. Both have done underhanded things to the other and both harass/talk crap to the other in public channels.
    MM isn't helped by not caring who they let into the guild, such as Tulkas or Mabb, both who were disliked by the majority of the server yet dima didn't care.
  10. Grish Augur

That is incredibly obtuse.

The sizes are forced by the power of the mobs created by DBG. Most of these guilds are fairly new and people are still getting to know each other. New people will keep applying and in most guilds go through an application process. That is when you try to figure out what kind of people they are. Believe me, this isn't the last time something like this is going to happen. MM will not be the only casualty.
  11. Lateryn Augur

It's true but DBG said they would suspend the entire guild. They warned everyone, even though its not very smart considering things like this can happen.
  12. Finley Augur

Wow this is nuts. Seems to go against the spirit of rotations even if follows the rules to the letter.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  13. Adrynlyn New Member

There really needs to be some level of arbitration before the suspend hammer comes down. Suspending a whole guild for the actions of 1 guy is way over the top. You can't expect a guild to control every members actions. What should be judged is how that guild reacts afterwards, and the person that broke the rotation is no longer in the guild.
    Simone likes this.
  14. Banuvan Augur

It doesn't take hundreds of people to kill raid targets. Is that last line a veiled threat? Interesting.
  15. Vaclav Augur

Again, this clearly wasn't their guild - hell the rotation doc even identifies as guild as "a raid force of at least 36 players".

So in other words to live in a North Korea level police state of a guild? Sounds wondrous.

Not to mention in my hypothetical it's a friend sharing his character (a common occurrence, I'm sure you're aware) - and the sharing player going rogue.

And I'll absolutely agree that's a wonderful ideal to strive for - but even when I was part of raid guilds that ran a tight roster (like Cypher on Stromm - was around 85 mains but almost everyone kept close to 100% attendance) - friends sharing/helping out was a common thing. Including sometimes people being friends with an unguilded person or whatever.

It's not a realistic one in the slightest, unless you're going North Korea levels of player freedom of what to do with their characters.

Harsh punishment should be in line for ORGANIZED GROUPS OF A GUILD causing problems - not individuals - certainly not individuals that were clearly in the process of being removed but not gone.

Heck - on the other incident with azarack isle (where someone apparently never counted their track or corrected anyone - looks like 0-1 dead azaracks with the two clumps on the track window) are you guys going to move to get Dragon Songs suspended too? After all they had 1 player there, clearly they deserve to be punished similarly.
  16. Ducreux Augur

This is what happens when you do something stupid like rotate an entire uninstanced zone that spawns multiple times a day.
    AlmarsGuides likes this.
  17. captnstudy Lorekeeper

wow....that's some elitist horseshit. so a few Guild Leaders decided for the entire server that only x,y and z guilds are allowed in a certain zone? where's the 2/3 server vote on this crap.
    Kaenneth and Agrippa like this.
  18. Numiko Augur

maybe next time MM should be a little more careful about who they toss a guild tag on.
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  19. Vaclav Augur

The document that conveniently defines this as a "group action" not a "guild action"

The document defines a "guild" as someone fielding a force of 36 or more characters - I saw 5-6 in the video. It was a group action, not a guild action.
    Simone likes this.
  20. Bulma New Member

http://tinypic.com?ref=mkyk9u

If you follow the link here you can see me (chichi) speaking to snubz (when I heard he was in sky in mumble our voice chat program I ported there being a wizard and instantly told him he should probably stop and leave) . Since im not an officer I cant "enforce" anything but you can see from his responses he did not care nor did he say he would leave and even said he would deguild and will not be told what to do. When I let the guild know his words (I told qflexx) he was immediately guild removed and I went back to the plane of hate for our inny raid.

This shows obviously this person was acting against the wishes of the guild as a whole and was also /anon which shows he knew what he was doing which could also mean he was a "plant" into our guild from another guild but that is just speculation.

I saw frosin up there and I said I wish this guy would listen but im not an officer he responded saying its all good, or something to that effect
    Kaenneth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.