30-box armies using broadcasting software parading around server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nestharus, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ya that guy is leveling tons of guys to sell on a popular site. Not bad deals as well only about 12 krono for a level 40, which beats the hell out of actually leveling a 40.
  2. Tharrg Augur

Yeah krono farmers are the key people who lock down most rare spawns as they can make a ton of profit. And being allowed legally to use pay 3p programs like [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to control their armies... they can make quick work of entire zones. Was on Ragefire for a time but had to quit because it became increasinly harder to deal and compete with these people who would come into a zone.. claim ever spawn and then KS ever single one of them with their armies and hold them on multiple instances.. because the policies on the server itself allows them to dps win spawns. Hence why so many hate mages as a class because they make progression servers just mage bot army servers...
    Jezzie likes this.
  3. Murphy Elder

I wish the stuff that makes the ghost pulling possible gets banned. It's ironic that when a person utilizing that shows up in (insert a TBM zone) all the sudden your normal group stops getting nameds. And if that is the reason you play the group game, ie, those nameds are a decent challenge for your gear level, then well, your game satisfaction level just tanked. If some tool wants to set up 12 real, seperate computers in his house and hopefully dies in the heat generated from such a monstrosity, I am more inclined to let those people go. It's just the warping crap is garbage. It's been around since a certain plug in was created for a certain software.
    Tharrg likes this.
  4. Jezzie Augur

That would be the active hacks that were heavily abused on Fippy/Vulak and Live.
    These "abilities" (to the best of my knowledge) are distributed with the cheat software but users are advised to turn the active hacks off.
    It's kind of like giving a 2yr old a candy bar, telling him/her not to eat it and walking away.

As far as I am aware the detection for using active hacks from the full blown version of said cheat software is still working on Phinigel. I hope so anyway because active hacks will drive the playerbase away.

What you can use on Phinigel is a "light" version of said cheat software and it can most definitely be used for afk automation. A valuable tool for our RMT players but most certainly not good for the community as a whole.
    The key broadcasting software can be used for non afk and afk play. When non afk a player can easily lock down entire zones and shared accounts means zones locked down 24/7. We saw this on Ragefire and Lockjaw.

Daybreak needs to realize that the only people who want to play with cheaters are other cheaters. Despite the propaganda that EQ would collapse if said program was banned, Phinegal should serve as proof that not only can EQ continue but actually thrive by pulling back the players that were driven away by the cheat software.

The ball is in Daybreaks court, if they choose to do nothing then I expect the server will just continue to lose players as they leave in search of less hackable mmorpgs.
    The choice is not hard. Allow cheat software for all and we can choose to play that version of EQ or ban accounts using cheats. All we can do is wait and see and hope for a decision.
    Tudadar and Tharrg like this.
  5. Jezzie Augur

I would hope that Daybreak could offer a much better deal than that and hopefully crush that nonsense.
  6. Consenses New Member

Ban hammer or bust!

I also can't believe that vanilla crap is being allowed. Think it's bad now? Wait until AA come out.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

How dumb is it that in 2016 these forums still filter out and [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]? (Like that.) Especially because em-queue also stands for multi quest.
  8. Mad_Mikey Elder

If you play on Phin you've no doubt seen the spam in general chat for a web address offering PL'ing service, "Kron", plat, accounts, etc. It happens more or less every hour or so. General chat can be depressing enough, but seeing spam blatantly offering things via third party website that violate every term of the EULA is even moreso, especially since DBG could shut that down in about five seconds if they wanted to.
  9. Ethereal Augur

#phiniproblems
  10. Tharrg Augur

This is why so many players get so mad. The blatant spam of people breaking the EULA has been an ongoing issue for years now... and the company no matter who has ran it dont seem to care. I can understand that its hard because of the limited staffing. But they could fix that with volunteers, Bring back the GM program.. the Guide program is a fun distraction but those guys have no actual power, but bringing back the GM program that had active GM's logged into the servers to answer petitions and banning violators was a key part of the game.
  11. Sterilize Journeyman

There's been a group afk farming geonids in Wakening Lands, GM's have yet to do anything.
  12. Baka Journeyman

There is a "fix" available, but I am not sure how popular it would be with the players. Copy Phinny as it is now (or when the fix is used). Allow transfers from LJ/RF/Phinigel - one free per account. New server REQUIRES an active 3 Mo subscription or higher and there are NO KRONO. Standard in game market still works except for Kronos.
    I would be interested in seeing how long it would take for the population to reach a point of a server split and the combination of LJ and RF.
    There are other things which would require actually coding which would mitigate the toxic atmosphere, but I don't think there is any developer interest.
  13. sihpa Augur

or they could just enforce the policies they launched the server with.

Im calling it now. They will do nothing about the cheaters BUT will increase the xp rate when luclins launch fails to bring in the numbers needed to offset sunset accounts driven away by the cheaters.

Extend failed policies and pretend everythings working out just fine.
  14. Aghinem Augur

15. eqmule New Member

Look, the TRUEBOX build has been out less than a month, it's use is being evaluated, if people can't handle this, we already stated multiple times that it would be disabled again.
    If you have videos or actual proof that it's being abused, you can send it to me. If people are abusing the TRUEBOX build while being afk id be happy to take action. The TRUEBOX build can't do anything unattended since it has no macro engine btw, and you can only load whitelisted plugins as well, and warp isn't a whitelisted plugin so just drop that crap mkay, if someone is using active hacks it's not something that's distributed by any of the sites that distribute the TRUEBOX build, I have been very clear with everyone that no active hacks are allowed when the decision to provide a TRUEBOX version was made.

I don't even know which server this allegedly is happening on since people here have been kind enough to confuse the thread with all kinds of allegations...

If I get some proof of abuse I will do everything in my power to scrap the whole thing, we where successful in disabling the software for the last 8-9 months and I can surely take it down a notch or even completely disable it again if this turns out to be more than a stir up drama for no reason thread.

Bottomline is, I don't think whoever is running 30 chars is using the TRUEBOX build, but have managed to either build their own full version or bought it from someone that has been able to circumvent the protection. In both those cases and if someone is that skilled it won't matter whatever actions anyone take, cause it means they are good at what they are doing. And they are just going to bypass anything else we put in place. (Well almost anything within reason at least)
    Jezzie, Xanadas, Kutsuu and 1 other person like this.
  16. Sterilize Journeyman

nobody cares about quarm, this is about phinigel server
  17. Tharrg Augur

Just admit the software itself is the problem. NO software which allows even active ghosting of commands should be deemed legal....PERIOD. As it is too easy for those who plan to cheat to work in their own cheating system using it as a base. The game will forever be damaged as long as players are allowed to pay for programs that are 3p which let them do something fundamentally broken.
    Lithien and Jezzie like this.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Why even create a lite version? All it does is allow anyone that encounters any type of automation on phinny to throw the blame directly towards the lite program....

What a shocker as well, same dude selling all those characters now had his threads removed on the character sales site.... I'm guessing someone over there didn't like that much attention.
  19. Pikallo Augur

Kraznor off his pills again. Prepare for a garbage post on about 10 threads in the next hour or so.
    Legerdar likes this.
  20. Numiko Augur

It's cause of all the hot chicks he gets when he lets it be known he is an everquest hacker at the local bar! ....

OK, would you believe its the huge piles of cash he makes off it that would make a Mexican drug lord jealous! ....

OK, maybe it's just that he was bored one day ....
  21. Critt Augur

Interesting...one more reason I'm not sorry I quit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.