30-box armies using broadcasting software parading around server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nestharus, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nestharus Journeyman

I recorded them with fully synchronized movement and sent the videos to DBG in a petition to get them banned. No action from DBG. Nobody seems to care. In fact, a bunch of people actually defended the 30-boxers and told me to leave them alone.

I also screenshotted them and recorded them purposefully training and griefing other peoples for daring to hunt in the same popular zones as them like Unrest and Lower Guk.

What is to stop the folks from using full out bots if DBG no longer cares about them using boxing software?

I really want to see some action from DBG. If you've been in general chat, you've seen me complaining and reporting these people almost daily.

If video evidence isn't enough. If screenshots of threats from the player aren't enough. What is enough??? Active hacks?

Please DBG, be more clear with what is allowed on the server. If using this kind of software is now totally legit, then just let people start using it again and release an announcement. If it isn't, don't let these people parade around in such an obvious manner. This is worse than the mage armies of Ragefire. Atleast they didn't take out the entire zone with 30 characters. They only had 6.

I know that people are now leaving Phinigel in droves to just go back to Live. I wonder why?

I ran away from Ragefire and live to get away from this nonsense only to be confronted with something even worse than what I ran away from.

Does anyone care, or are we going to continue white knighting the 30-boxers? I have seen 2 armies of them so far, and I know for a fact that one of them was using software that I thought was banned.

Also consider what message this sends to the third party communities out there.

I know that if this continues to get worse, I am personally done with Phinigel. Was my last hope for EQ.

And please, try and tell me with a straight face that they can have 15 mages cast the same spell at the exact same time on a mob without cheating. Please tell me that they can have 30+ characters sit and stand at the exact same moment. They are either cheating or they are a new alien lifeform with a lot of hands.

So let's make one thing clear. I have reported them. I have recorded them. I have submitted screenshots and videos in petitions. No action taken. 0. None. They are still on the server being dicks and using software that I thought was banned.

And bros in 3rd party communities, please remove the whatever that is allowing people to do this, because it is clearly being abused to extremes.

No stick on NPC and no broadcasting and I will be gold. That is all I ask. Or atleast limit the broadcasting to just 1 computer. I can live with that too. Maybe even 2. Something that would normally be capable with or without the software, the software just making it easier on people. 30 is clearly impossible without the software.

Yes, I am pleading to both sides to do something about this. Please, atleast keep things mildly reasonable. Please take some action on this. Any kind of action. Just something.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  2. Auedar Elder

Any way you could post the video to a platform so others can watch? Haven't been on in awhile waiting for Luclin to get closer.
  3. Trevalon Augur

I have to agree that it is unfortunate to see this kind of thing starting on Phinny. This server has been especially nice to not have the scum that ruined LJ/RF on it, but unfortunately a certain site gave in and made a 3rd party software that works on Phinny. $$$ controls the world and DBG doesn't care as long as they get their cut from said 3rd party site.

I guess having the server go this long without this kinda thing was sort of a miracle to begin with.
  4. nestharus Journeyman

I can't give you the video as that would be against naming and shaming policy.

Oh, and mr. 30-boxer is online as we speak, controlling his raid force with the software that was released and was going to be abused.

But honestly, if DBG is going to do nothing about these people, maybe we should name and shame? Maybe we should start a name and shame thread and post vids of people from Phinigel that are caught with this software so they can be blacklisted from the entire community and trained on sight?

When it is so freaking obvious that they are using this software, so freaking obvious, I think they kind of deserve it if DBG won't do anything about them.
  5. Saglagar Lorekeeper

Might I suggest that you don't buy or sell anything off the market including Krono. Might I suggest you join a nice raiding guild as most of us have no time to worry about bot farmers. I have yet to buy or sell anything on the market and have no need to do so. I'm best in slot geared to the hilt and having a blast with so much loot we don't know what to do with it all. Let the no life having bum have his cry baby way as surely you are the better man and can find other things to enjoy in the game. DBG has never cared and will continue to do so I can assure you. By not using the market you and only you can get rid of the bot farmers, it's that simple. If your buying Krono and using the market you are part of the problem. You don't need to be part of the problem, the choice is up to you. Happy Trails.
  6. Really Angry Bear Journeyman

So.. never buy and trade anything.

This idea sucks.
    Batbener likes this.
  7. Ladysoth Augur

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Daybreak to enforce the rules they wrote specifically for this one server ;)
  8. Tudadar Augur

Disappointing to hear whats happening on phin. On RF / LJ people are warping again. I thought this was mass banned back in 2011 on fippy/vulak and was no longer a thing. They definately need to start doing something again since it seems policing the progression servers isnt really happening now that thay arent brand new anymore. Just make sure you arent afk with a pet out.
  9. Strawberry Augur

Krono on phinni attract a lot of illegal activity.

To get their hands on those krono, those gold krono farmers need to kill targets for items they can sell or get their hands on pp directly, so they can buy the krono. So they run high level guilds, run powerleveling schemes, etc. And since almost all items in classic are droppable, there are a ton of valuable farm targets (another major flaw of EQ classic).

All of this requires the development of boxing software bypassing DBG its rules.

Krono combined with almost everything being droppable in classic, messed up the phinni economy.
  10. Strawberry Augur

Actually, most krono farmers are in high level raiding guilds. That's how they get their hands on items they can sell for krono. Some phinni guilds exist for the sole purpose of generating krono.

Those people shouting:.. "WTS <powerful raid item> for 10 krono"... aren't looking for 10 months of subscription. They are about to resell krono for $10 on a site...making them 10kr * 10 = $100.

And since raids are instanced, almost all items droppable, they are making quite a lot of money.

This is also why phinni is quite a hardcore progression focused server. It isn't this family, single account, casual server you would have expected from the true box rules. It's actually quite the opposite, because there is an incentive for many people to progress.... an easy way to get real life $ from krono through selling of powerful droppable items. These krono farmers aren't your typical chinese gold seller either, they're all westerners, many who have never participated in gold selling in the past, but realized how easy it is to get your hands on krono because of the way phinni is set up.

And the krono situation and attraction of illegal activity is much worse on phinni than on other TLP servers. Due to the simple fact that on other TLP..regular honest players are playing on the same level playing field..they can also box and farm....on phinni on the other hand, there is a large power disparity between the single account newbee, and the high level box army using illegal software.
  11. LoyalBard New Member

And, brazenly enough, the name of one of the worst offenders is WARP. I even told a Senior Guide to shadow him and he said "Thanks for the tip." Guess what? He's still in-game, still warp pulling.
  12. Rhodz Augur

I hate to say it, not like it's news, but the only ones "ruining" Phin are located on the left coast and draw checks from a well known game company.
    Well whats to say but when it gets to the point you can no longer tolerate it log out and dont log back into the server until it's fixed. The krono thing well we have preached till blue in the face it is a toxic device but people just keep defending it and in doing so letting the hammer fall on the game.
    We tried man;
    Just like we tried to talk SoE out of ruining SWG, no one was listening and now of course no one is playing the game it's gone.

Nothing else for it just the way things are by choice and it's not our's. All we can do is decide to pay/play or not.
    We still have not found a suitable replacement but still looking around, EQ as it is... not in the running.
  13. nestharus Journeyman

I have personally decided to not play. I found a really interesting server with entirely new content/classes running on EQ engine that I want to give a try. It looks fun ^_^.

Will come back when the box armies running on the **** software are gone <3

They can have the server and they can play by themselves too ^_^.
  14. GrugSA Augur

Those are forum rules not EQ rules, you can post them here http://phinnykills.com/forum/
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The chances of a 3rd party software user getting banned is about the chance of the earth getting hit by an object that ends all life as we know it.

In other words look at past performance of how they handle these events and that will give you the answer you seek. Go go 3rd party tools
  16. sihpa Augur

In before the lock and orwellian comment "if you see something just tell us and we'll fix it zomg" which is just PR and nothing more.

If you want to get a company to take notice you have to boycot them or otherwise hurt their bottom line. I know that sounds radical but its literally the only way to get these systems to respond. Also the way they respond is never 100% forseeable. Your own momentum can and will be used against you if it can be managed in a way that improves the bottom line.

An example of this is customers demanding a slower progression experience so they can "smell the roses" to which they provide that via low xp rates BUT simultaneously offer xp potions. The result being the same pace of xp for those who pay and everyone else eats crow regardless if they wanted the slow progression or not. The krono scam is another example but im not going in to that right now. Note these companies never do one thing at a time. Its always a series of adjustments carefully planned to keep the system working in their favor. 1 step forward for us and 2 back for them.

Anyways I personally have planned to let my own subs expire since they arent upholding their end of the contract. Im hoping that pantheon, being new and all, keeps the corruption to a minimum for at least a year when it comes out.
  17. Dragon Jockey Lorekeeper

Yeah, a couple of these guys (or more) on my server, too. And I doubt my server is unique, so probably on a lot of servers. I question whether Daybreak has the manpower (and maybe the expertise) to do anything about this. Sorry, but SOE they aint. Besides, they are busy selling kronos, and getting an expansion ready.
  18. Jezzie Augur

I've seen the afk automation using very vanilla. Pretty sure it's that as it only auto attacks LoS mobs.
    I petitioned and asked if it was legit now. The response was "undecided on what to do with people using 3rd party programs".
    The way I see it, the longer they let it slide the more of a problem it will be later on so Daybreak would be less likely to do anything at all about it, which coincidentally is their easiest/cheapest option too.
    It does look bad from a customer standpoint when the devs/GMs appear to abandon the rules they created for this server which has been fun so far.

What does the broadcasting/automation mean for regular players?
    Planes on permafarm lockdown?
    Zones such as Seb/Guk/CoM locked down for PL'ing services?
    Will Daybreak introduce TLP Heroic characters to combat the value of characters being PL'd to RMT? It seemed to work well on live!

Can regular players still enjoy the content with all the instancing going on?

I'm calling bs on those that hack on phinny and say they play there because of the instanced content.
    They play there because it's where the RMT scene is at. They can hack all they want on LJ and Ragefire and with low populations probably experience all the content they want. The only thing they can't do is RMT.

Such a shame that such a small percentage of players appear to be doing their best to screw things up again but it's totally shame on Daybreak for allowing them!
    Tudadar likes this.
  19. Strawberry Augur

This already happens. Some guy was PL'ing in Lower Guk.

So we changed picks....and some people from the same guild were there PL'ing.

So we jumped to the third pick...and the guy from the first pick was there.

I asked what he was doing. He said he was just jumping picks while PL'ing and he kept all PH on all 3 picks on lockdown for loot. He was a krono farmer, it was ridiculous.
  20. Tharrg Augur

This is the downside to the Dev's giving full permission to use Pay to Win 3p software and programns like IS-Boxer. This is why this software needs to be banned from use and any player got banned for life. I dont understand why the Dev's ignore the fact that most they users who do box armies with those programns all use Mages as their go to class... do they not realize just how powerful that class is when using cheat programns like that? Or is there some kick back coming their way from the developers of the programn itself? I also tend to think they are benefiting in their own play from them hence why its so broken... sorta like how Necros at one point were so overpowered that it was well known that they were GM's and Devs fav class hence the power load on them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.