19th Anniversary requires RoS.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Funk, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Bigstomp Augur

The 19th anniversary content needing to own the 19th anniversary expansion... sounds normal to me
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Tiggold like this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Find a friend. Get to 110, and play in current content.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Meh... A discussion revolving around this has been held back at release, no need to get into it again imo. It also hasn't really got much to do with anniversary, despite the need that you found out of owning the expansion for this year's missions.

The short and quite direct/unpolite answer was given by Bigstomp above.
    For a more polite answer it'd be of interest perhaps WHY you are only level 85 on all characters.
    I'm on AB, so a "live" and unrestricted server. When i came back i was level 83 with my main, in the high 70's to low 80's with the rest. It took me not a month to get to 95+ and within two months i was level 105 - which then was the max level.
    You are right: as long as you choose to STAY at level 85 (or you are hindered by your server or whatever circumstance to progress beyond that), there isn't much "real reason" to buy RoS just now. The (freely tradeable) tradeskill stuff is cool, but - iirc - min level 105 for the most part too.
    I guess the "sole reason" for you to buy RoS then at this time would be exactly the special missions like the anniversary ones as you found out for all of us - whether or not that's enough reason for you or not, is up for you to decide ofc. With every choice there's a consequence.

But unless you're playing on some restricted server, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't level up to level 105 at least, at which point you'd already be able to benefit from RoS (and so would have "reason" to buy RoS too).

p.s.:
    The thing with the EoK progression to do RoS stuff has also been discussed. i personally deem it necessary - not to enter RoS but to do much meaningful stuff. Still, in that undertaking the tradeskill stuff (for example) that was released with RoS also helps you bigtime. and if "pressed" one week is ample time to complete the progression (gearing from worse-than-EoK notwithstanding).
  4. segap Augur

If they don't have TBM yet, buying RoS will get them that expansion which does include level 75 and up content.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some people only come back for the anniversary events, they subscribe for a month or 2 have some fun for a and then vanish once again.

Think they will come back again next year if they cannot do the new quests?
  6. Dreadmore Augur

I don't know. That's a fair perspective, and one I've never had. I like the game enough so I've always bought expansions (once I started making my own money, at least) so I have the option of having access to more content.

But on the other hand, I've also had to come to terms with how I can't access all the content freely and independently. A lot of the game just isn't accessible--it needs raids, it needs grouping, it needs certain classes in your party, it needs guildmates or friends to be online at the same time.

I don't pay for EQ as a customer-is-always-right product, so I don't have the same expectations if I were buying a TV with installation service and warranty from an overeager salesman at Best Buy or something. DBG can do what they want here as there's no prescription or mandate. And as much as I wish I could solo current raid content and be raid-geared, I wouldn't still be playing this game if I were OK with not being able to do that.
  7. Tamaden Elder

I am just blown away by this post. You want to say you not part of 19th year (without RoS) but you claim you want to celebrate it? Do you always run around and demand free things even though you not a part of it? Next time try to be a club member to get the goods my good freeloader......14 F2P accounts but still want more
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Tiggold like this.
  8. smash Augur

What i do not understand is that they did not just place the quest givers in OT.

It would have made the defence of requiring RoS so much easier.

Also i am sure the DSK mission could easily have happened in HS.

Fishing task take place in OT/SF.

Let the bag for the collection be in ST.

Lost let special thread be sold in OT only, and its no drop and its 1 extra ingredients for the tent.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Dreadmore Augur

Do you really believe that?

"Why are the quest givers in OT? This is exclusionist. I don't have the expansion and can't zone into there! Every other anniversary's quest givers have been in POK. Why not this one?"
  10. Tevraii Journeyman

You're the guy that complains he can't use the HOV lane because he doesn't have an electric car, when all the other lanes have allowed your gas vehicle.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Funk Augur

Read the post man, then read again and maybe you'll comprehend that I wasn't asking for a thing for free. I was stating that the tactic won't entice me to buy the expansion on other accounts. Nice try though to change this into an I want something for free thread. But that's not the case. I don't want a damn thing for free.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Funk Augur

Don't even know how to reply to this nonsense. But yeah buddy, whatever you say!
  13. Funk Augur

Did the 18th need the 18th? And so on? The answer is no. A company trying to make money with new tactics around every corner...now THAT'S normal!
  14. fransisco Augur

I feel victimized because daybreak made a choice that doesn't give me free content when I don't pay them anything. How dare they not spend money to give me stuff for free!
  15. Funk Augur

Maybe you failed to read where I do have RoS. Read more next time before posting please, or just refrain from posting at all since it's obvious your comprehension is lacking.
  16. Gialana Augur

I don't think that's the case. I'm not sure about all of the bonus items in the 19th anniversary quest, but the augment is definitely prestige. Although a F2P account can acquire the augment if they own RoS, they can not gain any benefit from it. It means that someone would still need to be a paying customer to use the augment.
  17. smash Augur

Hmm, i guess piestro in gd, quest giver in conv, valley of xorbb, chapter house also in pok..... just to mention a few.

Can mention more if you want me to...
  18. Dreadmore Augur

Not really, because that's not the point anyway. Sorry, I'm not into the petty nitpicking over minor things like exceptions here and there--it makes this forum a drag to read through. The point here is that the anniversary quests being limited to ROS owners leaves non-ROS owners feeling left out, and your idea would just end up with similar complaints.
    Funk likes this.
  19. Fohpo Augur

Aren't they new events though, new expansion for NEW content?
    And Destiny 2 took massive hits for things unrelated to expansion purchases, their gameplay design was awful after the first few updates.
  20. Gnomeland Augur

I don't think it's correct to motivate the buying of expansions on extra content that is supposed to be delivered as part of the contract of continuous development for a subscription service.

The expansion should stand alone on its own merits ,and in case it cannot, which could be argued in this case, then additional content provided to players on the basis of celebrating the anniversary of the game should not be dependent on it.

Why deny players who didn't pay for the expansion, but who did pay for all the other benefits, for example through an all access subscription, the right to participate in the game's content updates? How does this even make sense? Players pay for continuous development through their subscriptions, they don't pay for it through expansions. When did this change such that now expansions are also required purchases and become an additional charge to access content that should be provided by the contract?
    Feznik and Funk like this.