1 handed dmg bonus - 23th Sept update

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Woofy, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Lejaun Augur

Whether you pay via subscription or Kronos, you are still paying. Heck, if everyone on TLP servers only paid in Kronos, DBG would be making even more money than from people who payed exclusively by subscription.
    Simone likes this.
  2. Detheb Augur

Ever since it was announced, and brought to test, it has been a major issue, on these TLP forums, in game, and in private discussions. Yes, the patch is a buff to live servers, congratulations. Adding a work around could have been as simple as adding an aa that mimic the original DB charts.

This isn't even about DPS for me. I'm a warrior, playing in the hardest expansions for warriors, and I just lost 1/3 of my aggro. It was a known issue from the start, and the fact that it was pushed without any sort of workaround is pretty par for the course for DBG lately.
    Simone likes this.
  3. taliefer Augur

Wurmslayers for all? bet that has a decent damage bonus. it was junk back in the day cause of how slow it was, anyone got the damage bonus it has now?~
  4. Simone Augur

I encourage everyone one the Time-Locked Progression servers to /bug it until it gets fixed.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Welcome to the Live player experience, ever since the massive staff reductions. I find it amusing that it happens to TLP and it's a "major issue", when its been happening to the regular game for year(s).

PS: <3 Mr Detheb, your tears are delicious and sustain me, sir :)
    Silv likes this.
  6. Simone Augur

They changed a damage bonus table that has been in he game for 16 1/2 years..... Seriously. The thing could have been trademarked.
  7. Elor Elder

yeah...... not sure this change did what they thought it was going to do

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...st-update-09-17-15.226618/page-5#post-3326194

funny thing is now the top dmg weapon in Kunark is the
    Weighted axe http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3579

Adding such simple formula may seem like a good idea but it does not scale well. Also it leaves room to be exploited with items that have very high delay.

I am pretty sure they never intended for the Weighted axe to be top dps weapon in Kunark seeing as how level 30 mobs drop it.

seomen ~ faceless
    lockjaws and Simone like this.
  8. Elor Elder

woot weighted axe with a 111.375 dmg bonus at 60

yeah.... some how don't think they are going to keep these numbers
    Simone likes this.
  9. Simone Augur

Weighted Axe used to have damage bonus of 110 at level 60...... Not much has changed on that weapon.

See old table:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html?setcookie=1
  10. taliefer Augur

this is going to have some serious effects on itemization. forget the epics, wurmslayers for all. this gonna be stupid.
    Simone likes this.
  11. Simone Augur

Like I said. Everyone should be /bugging this. If they get enough bug reports maybe they would figure out that it's no good for these servers.
  12. Skipper Augur

Man, as if melee didn't suck enough! My rogue is now even more pathetic. DBG should pay us to play.

[IMG]
  13. Moonii Elder

Melee were still below casters on TLP even after the innate dmg buff..but they throw an unintended nerf to the most populous servers because...?
    Simone likes this.
  14. Simone Augur

..... they put zero thought into this kind of stuff before pushing it to test 5 days before pushing it to the servers?
  15. Ducreux Augur

Honest question, when was the last time a change that was put on test did not make it to Live?
  16. Risiko Augur

Probably because everybody that plays on TLP servers are paying customers. I realize you have this fascination with the idea that everybody that plays on TLP are "mage box armies that pay for their accounts with kronos they farm on the TLP servers", but in fact, those people make up about 1% of the TLP population. The other 99% are paying customers.

I know you live server gamers like to think that TLP is a small populous of undedicated gamers that are here today and gone tomorrow, but what you miss is the fact that Ragefire and Lockjaw are the two most active servers that Everquest has had this year. These "undedicated gamers" as you live gamers like to call us came BACK to Everquest because we prefer the old style of Everquest gaming over the newer style. We are paying customers for a 16 year old game. None of us play for free.

Here's the other part of the story that you kind of people fail to mention every time you wonder over to the TLP forum to spew your hate... A good number of us TLP paying customers have level 105 characters on Live servers that are collecting dust right now.

See, we chose to play on TLP even though we have level 105 characters on Live servers. You know why?
    1) The old Everquest experience is 1000% more engaging and immersive than modern max level Everquest.
    2) The TLP servers feel more "ALIVE" than the Live servers. When you see people playing on TLP servers, 9 times out of 10, they play 1 character. When you see people playing on "Live" servers, 9 times out of 10, they are 1 person playing 3 characters with 3 mercenaries. If I wanted a solo experience, I wouldn't play a MMORPG.

Take it for what it's worth, but the TLP servers are paying the bills and keeping the lights on, so you can play your 3 characters and 3 mercenary solo experience on the "Live" servers that are so "Dead".
    Simone likes this.
  17. -wycca Augur

This isn't accurate.
  18. AlmarsGuides Augur

Last I can think of was the run animation changes in 06 i think? maybe 05. I remember they changed how all classes ran at some point and promptly changed it back after massive insane backlash about how stupid everyone looked.

This wasn't added on the test server though it was just dropped into a random live patch and reversed like 3 days later with a hot fix.

That's honestly the very last thing I can think of.

Maybe, MAYBE WK2 Lenindaria had a few changes on test that weren't pushed to live. That raid was released entirely broken no mechanics worked at all, the prisons didn't imprison people they didn't tick for damage. Galenth didn't call in adds after engaged Lenindaria wouldn't attack any of the NPCs so you had to tank a quad hitting raid boss whom hit for 50k a swing with a normal tank.

It was impossibly annoyingly horrible. He was pretty much pet walled down by every guild for months because the raid was too difficult. This was around this time last year.

Those are the only two changes that come to mind.
  19. p2aa Augur

You want to bet between all the gold players playing on all the regular servers versus all the gold players on TLP servers who is feeding EQ more ?
    It's us that have crowdfunded these TLP servers so that you can play on it. It's natural that you pay for expansions on regular servers like i have paid for some TLP player i will never set a foot in.
    And we have never came "crying" we paid for this server, like all the crybabies of TLP population are doing it on these boards.

Stay on TLP you think people on live care that you stopped playing on live servers to play in TLP ?
    Also the most active population servers ? When in a near future, you will come crying that there is massive drop in population on progression servers (like it happened for the 2 last waves of progression servers) so that SOE will merge first the 2 prog servers, before ending merging you on a live server we will laugh here on live servers.
    Also, when new expansion comes on live server, there will be a number of people that will go back to regular servers to play the new expansion with their lvl 105 character on live server.
  20. Aereus New Member

p2aa, this change literally cut the damage of rogue on raid targets by 50%. Warriors have 1/3 less threat, etc. By any margin of measure, this change was not well-thought out by the developer that posted the code to test, and was released into production with zero internal testing, along with ignoring actual player testing comments.
    lockjaws likes this.