1 handed dmg bonus - 23th Sept update

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Woofy, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Woofy New Member

they totally nerfed 1 handed dmg bonus..............now a 50 lv 1 handed melee is even fxxxing doing less damage than a lv 35 mage pet!! why not just change the name of game into EverPet?
  2. lockjaws Augur

Have you parsed this yet?
  3. maylay New Member

There is actually little need to parse it. Damage bonus in mainhand -- which is all level 50 are concerned about -- is a flat number added to every hit. This includes bosses with the mitigation buff (damage bonus is not mitigated, it is added after mitigation calculations). So one handed weapons just went from having 8 damage added to every hit to 3 damage added. On bosses with mitigation buff, this is a very big part of melee damage.
    Simone likes this.
  4. aim2win New Member

yeah my rogue feels like he is hitting even lower than he did with the previous melee buff/patch
  5. iMugatu Elder

I love how they said they would rework it if it was underwhelming on old content, yet even when they have the data that it's a huge nerf, they do nothing and just push it out anyways.

Great job DBG!
    Frenzic and Simone like this.
  6. Silv Augur

What data? It wasn't tested on TLP until, now? Did people provide parses of raid mobs with the melee damage bonus changes yet? I sure haven't seen all of that.
  7. maylay New Member

Eye of Veeshan parse 2 hours before patch: 243 seconds @ 251dps with 33 people on parse
    Eye of Veeshan parse after patch: 366 seconds @ 171 dps with 31 people on parse

This is with fewer than 10 pets, so the pet nerf is only a small part of this parse. For those who don't know, Eye is immune to any spell damage, so all damage on parse is melee.

Monk average punch went from 17 to 12 on Eye parse. Small data sample, but you get the idea.

Edit: fixed paste mistake
  8. AbyssalLord Journeyman

Since you have the parse available Maylay, what change was there for 2 handers?
  9. Asheran Augur

Something is wrong with your numbers...

251 dps over 43 seconds = 10,793 dmg total. That is less than 1/3rd the health eye had before he was buffed. Now, he has almost 100k health.

Either way, it would be nice to see parses of individuals before and after.
  10. maylay New Member

I don't have a full parse, but SK with 2h from Sky had minimum hit go from 12 to 15. I don't know the mechanics of how damage bonus works with 2h. It looks like it is different since the damage bonus on the weapon is 21 after patch.
  11. maylay New Member

You're right, I goofed on my cut and paste. The parse was over 243 seconds, not 43.
  12. iMugatu Elder

People on test saw that 1h's had like 1-3 dmg bonuses and even most 2h's had their dmg bonuses nerfed. Even the bo staff from VP which is 35 delay took a huge dmg bonus nerf. You don't need parses to see they botched it really bad and pushed it through anyways.
    Simone and lockjaws like this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I know it's a difficult to grasp concept, but this change wasn't centered around TLP, so they didn't "botch" anything. The Dev explanation even clearly says they were aware of the impact at low levels and were open to reviewing the code again later.
  14. iMugatu Elder

I didn't see anything that had them acknowledging the impact. I just read that IF it's bad for early content they would revise the code. They could have determined that before they pushed it out and destroyed pure melee on TLPs.

Cause you know, they are so fast to fix issues like this. It's going to be like this for a month at LEAST.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

16. Zohan Journeyman

Using the math dev has in the patch thread
    Wu's should have dmg bonus of 3.52 at lvl 50
    Whitened trent would be at 3.92

Now bare fists on monk using same math is 9.12

Since mitigation buff on bosses does not effect dmg bonus i would be curious to see parses of bare fists again

Side note all 3 had dmg bonus of 8.3 prior to patch
  17. iMugatu Elder

I have a bright idea. Let's not wreck a whole class archtype on the only servers that pay money to play just so you can push something to the free servers.

I know testing is hard. If only you guys got paid.
    lockjaws likes this.
  18. Azzudien Augur

Calculation needs to scale
    Lvl 0-60 primary hand should be
    (Dmg*delay*lvl*160)/400000
    Lvl 61-90 change the 160 to 120
    Lvl 91-105 this becomes the current 80

This would reverse the the nerf on low lvls while still providing the bump wanted to the higher lvls
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I have a bright idea. Let's not have the overall system design of game with 15 years of content be hamstrung by 1-2 years of TLP content?

And yes, everyone on Live clearly has a free ride, whereas the noble folks on TLP are "paying" for their subs via hard earned dough.......or..............via krono farming through box armies, camp monopolies, and generally reveling in a lack of a PNP.

Constructive hat attempt: parse the changes and send the information to the Dev team for review? Since they're already aware it may get addressed faster than usual.
  20. iMugatu Elder

I have better things to do than parse this crap. They know its botched, they just didn't care enough to work on it beforehand. I have a 2h in game with a 2 damage bonus. I don't need to parse to know that that is absolutely ridiculous.

And considering that TLP servers are carrying EQ subscription-wise, you'd think they would make sure they didn't overlook something like this. They knew it would be a problem cause they hinted at it before-hand. Even on test you could see the 1 dmg bonuses. Pathetic.
    lockjaws and Simone like this.