Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Efr3, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Ddezul Augur

Link to that study thxbye
  2. Ddezul Augur

Do those games have krono, bro!!?!???!?
  3. Celatusp99 Augur

I don't box to make krono nor would i need too I can make krono with one toon on a live server although its slow. I would estimate that most boxers are not krono farmers but just trying to keep their accounts active.
  4. CdeezNotes Augur

So why do you constantly gaslight everyone?
    What does krono have to do with boxing? Unlike you who probably requires Truebox to exploit for RMT, I can actually afford things using my credit card.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. MileyVyrus Augur

Imagine these forums if boxers actually posted from all of their potential forum accounts...

Or posted on the forums much at all, really.

Funny how a solid chunk of DPG's customer base, the boxing community, never says much of anything at all and just play the game as-is. It's almost like DPG does not expend its energy and focus on shutting down their headache-free revenue.

These forums would be even more focused, sad whining if the chill folks never had to kill time at work.

I've had tons of fun on many different custom servers, 99 and the like... And over a half dozen different TLPs. When i want QOL and the amusement of seeing how many laptops i can employ , i play TLP. When i want a more immersive one-computer raiding, theres 99. If I want to clear TOV in 3 rampage pulls. theres other fun custom servers out there. Just gotta look.

The best QOL is here on daybreaks TLP. If you want to run the classic-POP victory lap, this is the spot. If you wanna ride it to live, its right here.

If you want to relive a thousand people on a server with one Sebilis and no instances and dragon rotations, you know where to find it,

If you want to experience wild custom imagination explosions loosely using the EQ model, theres servers for that.

Just stop trying to push the square peg thru the round hole. DPG has clearly shown us what its willing to regulate.. what its willing to tolerate. If you want a facist regime trying to recreate 30 years ago, its never going to be on the official servers. No matter how loud you squeal. Maybe enjoying what these venture capitalists have kept alive for us is the first compromise you've ever been faced with in your self absorbed life. Hopefully not. It's like political twitter. Stressing over it isnt going to do anything but detract from your enjoyment in life.

Its never going to be financially beneficial for TLP to be anything besides what it is. Gotta just shrug and either except it, or move on.. to the people offering what you are screaming for, for free.. Once again, if just the sheer thought of having to compromise for your benfit sends you into a rage, maybe just stick to political twitter. :)
  6. Celatusp99 Augur

Miss you Miley hope you're doing research on the new server.
  7. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

On Phinegel, I played a necro, name eludes me (age catching up!). Didn't raid, but friends in OGC, and in-guild Caer Cedarns, which raided, I didn't as my time zone is whacked) helped get me Anguish chest, and epic 2.5 also. Was a blast, first time ever I also completed the DoN progression and got the fancy 50 to all resists clickie. I played there upto TSS or so I think. Necro is such an amazing class, but I kinda switched to Shaman now!
  8. mark Augur

boxing is awsome it allows you to have a ready to go group,example sk and shammie you can build a group around it.your guildie needs help with a epic bam done because all the non boxers are looking for a group, yes non boxers are needed and loved,so many style of play and when your boxed shammie is trhe only shammie thta can raid because the other shammies got banned it actually happened in god when it first went live,boxes lives matter as much as non boxers so lets meet in the middle and have fun.
    Buds likes this.
  9. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Remembered my char on Phinny. Dury Iksar Necro. I had that hand mount, which freaked out some people :-D
  10. jeskola pheerie

People on forums stating an opinion contrary to yours does not automatically equal gaslighting. Take it down a notch homie.
  11. Ddezul Augur

read what I replied to.

It's gaslighting.

bruh.
    ExecutionDbl9 likes this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

No thanks. I skimmed it and that was enough to know you are batshit crazy.
  13. Efr3 Lorekeeper

I'm back from my trip and reading some responses. Boxing is allowed on Agnarr. It's not me that's wrong. You can scroll back up and read the last part of what I wrote about never playing on a server that allows boxing. So next time try adding more adjectives like utterly to wrong and then apply them to yourself.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers_Agnarr
  14. Raytheon Augur

Ok Mr. Necroposter, that person brought up Agnarr as one example. An example of the fact that there has never been, in the entire history of EQ, an official server that has not allowed or not had a prolific amount of boxing going on. You reminiscing about some magical golden time when there was no boxing going on in EQ is a delusion, it simply does not exist. From the very first moments that accounts were created when EQ went live in 1999, people started boxing on every single server that existed. Furthermore, every single server that has ever existed has allowed boxing for its entire lifespan. Either you are deluding yourself about early EQ, or you just didn't notice that others were boxing, because whether that group of six you see playing together is controlled by 6,5,4,3,2, or 1 human(s) is 100% none of your business and has zero impact on you. They are playing how they want to play and you are 100% free to play how you want to play. Stop blaming how others choose to play the game on why you can't get groups and look in the proverbial mirror.
  15. FadedshadeTLP Lorekeeper

Cheaters are the worst thing in EQ, followed very closely by gamebreak being completely unwilling to actually try and stop it. Boxing is not the issue, bad people are the issue - Be it players or the people in charge.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Shalom Quillmane Bane

I'd agree boxing is the plague of EQ. I would also agree EQ would be dead without boxing. Close this thread.
    MileyVyrus likes this.
  17. Quantumalgo New Member

Me and my 20 computers and 25 accounts are ready to start boxing on Teek! I'll stop at POP just like I did on Yelinak. Lets goooo!!!!!
  18. MileyVyrus Augur

This should be immediately pinned to every new boxing thread lol. its so true.
    Shalom and Sheila like this.
  19. Soriano Augur

The above bolded statement is WHY people box, the game is very limited for a single character.
    Not to mention and can be very boring if not for boxing...

But make no mistake it is BECAUSE the game is designed around multi-character groups.

You want multi-character to mean multiple individual players. Problem is it does not mean that and it never has.
  20. Soriano Augur

EVERY SERVER that Daybreak has allows for boxing has since 1999 and always will.

True Box only means a separate CPU for each character and there is a way around that as well.

I box, will always box. I play two characters. I will drop a character for a guild member and allow the group to determine which one I should drop.

While I hate to use the term NEVER, but I think it is safe to say Daybreak will never have a server that does not allow boxing. If they tried they would NEVER enforce it.

IF they create a single server without /follow it will die inside a year and be a complete waste. Boxing is that big of deal to YOU....not a vast majority of EQ players in 2024.
    code-zero and Sheila like this.