Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Efr3, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Buds Augur

If it weren't for boxing, this game would not still be around, period.
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  2. code-zero Augur

It strikes me as odd that the people who show up here on these forums advocating for their particular flavor or E Em You are always nasty and combative and appear to want to recruit the sort of player who sees a group of friends playing together in a popular zone and starts ranting about boxers....

No thanks
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  3. Kahna Augur

Boxing is a plague on EQ, but like all plagues it eventually becomes endemic and you develop a resistance to it. If it doesn't kill you in those first few years. Truebox is the vaccine, not 100% effective but it lessens the impact of the disease both on the individual and the community.
  4. Zansobar Augur

I totally disagree.
  5. Chislett New Member

I've played a lot of EQ and, at the beginning of my time, never boxxed at all. However, that was quite early on in EQ. The server populations were very healthy, I remember many times having to wait for server space because they were full. But that was a long time ago. I left due to a lack of free time and when I came back, I came back to a very different population. I actually feel that boxing has a place in the game. Some people want to enjoy the game but have erratic schedules, some people enjoy spending time alone just enjoying the content. I don't see it as a huge issue. Just play on a server that doesn't allow boxing if you are so against it. Now the people that are AFK boxing, I understand the objections. Boxers, especially on TLP servers, pay for multiple accounts. I don't see how alienating people who are willing to pay for multiple accounts, keeping the game afloat, furthers any agenda. This isn't 1999 anymore, players have a vast array of choices when it comes to MMORPGs, why not let people enjoy this one if they choose to play it?
  6. Karsa Orlong New Member

This line of thinking is so old.

Get it through your head, if a boxer is a social person, they will group with you anyways. If they are anti-social, they wont group with you. If you remove boxing, great you just get a bunch of anti-social would be boxers playing necromancers who (shocker) still won't group with you.

Removing boxing will literally change nothing at all, except the number of necromancers\chanters, the amount of platinum available on a server, and how much krono you pay for high end items (shocker again, both cases get worse for normal players).
    Flexin and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  7. Elabone Augur

I boxed a warrior and druid from 1 to 50 lol. People definitely box.
    jeskola likes this.
  8. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I only play one char, Oakwynd I made two alts because I got bored.

On Phinegel, then Mischief and on Oakwynd I grouped with many 3 box people. Also few regular 6 boxers who will drop a toon for me.

Except twice , where the person was figuring out boxing, assist macros etc, all others played VERY well. No constant unannounced AFKs, for one. And they were also social ( fun group chat!).

And they didn't /q out without a word when they needed to log either!

So the whole "boxers are unsocial Krono farming basement dwelling cheating neckbeards" trope is not only inaccurate but also tiring
    Demetri likes this.
  9. Raytheon Augur

You know what the "Plague of EQ" is? People who complain non-stop about how other people choose to play a multiplayer game. The problem is that what you all really want is a single-player game, custom programmed for you so that all the other characters in the game perform exactly how you want them to. If you really wanted to play with other actual live humans, you'd have to deal with their personal preferences, and you can't stomach that. Go play a single player RPG, trust me you'll be much happier.
    Demetri likes this.
  10. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Or it could just be people like...YOU....LMAO
  11. Raytheon Augur

Or it could just be people.

FTFY.
    Demetri likes this.
  12. Vlahkmaak Augur

Then they would just whine that we should not be able to multi-kite.
    Demetri likes this.
  13. Demetri Augur

Out of curiosity, what in game names did you use? Bet I'd know you, either directly or indirectly since I fit that but also was friends with a few similar folk.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Tern New Member

I can think of 4K people who disagree with this.
  15. CdeezNotes Augur

Sure you can. And you think 4k players is going to keep the lights on? I have a bridge to sell you, great price.

The plague of EQ are stupid threads and corresponding comments in those threads. Like this thread, for example.
    Buds and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  16. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

You can't find 4k people who don't box on EQ. 99%+ of live boxes.

At least over 50% of TLP boxes 2 boxes.
    Buds likes this.
  17. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Oakwynd: Meleegibson (Shaman). Stopped a month ago though due to dead population during my playtimes mainly, and almost max AAs anyways.

Mischief- Mage till PoP ( got epic at. Lvl 51 in era and loved it heh), shaman (Meleegibson) till DoN.
  18. Demetri Augur

Was thinking Phin specifically, RL kicked my butt during the other two even though I was on them, I wasn't deeply involved - I seem to recall someone with a Gibson name floating around in General and such though, although don't think you ever entered my circles assuming it was another Gibson name there.
  19. jeskola pheerie

Boxing is normal. People complaining about boxing have issues that need therapy. Boxers being limited won't magically restore your youth to the 2000. Also we aren't going to carry you.
    Buds and code-zero like this.
  20. Ddezul Augur

Gaslighting is an insidious form of manipulation and psychological control. Victims of gaslighting are deliberately and systematically fed false information that leads them to question what they know to be true, often about themselves. They may end up doubting their memory, their perception, and even their sanity.