Does Truebox actually solve anything?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Varyk, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Kahna Augur

I don't even know what to say. We have told you, from personal experience, over and over and over, that it does reduce 6 boxing. By a great deal. Only the most dedicated can accomplish it, instead of everyone with a credit card (yes credit card, because good luck selling gear for krono to folks who can just take their group and go get it themselves. Rizlona has no economy to speak of.) Non-truebox servers eventually devolve into basically everyone boxing their own small 3-6 man group. Truebox doesn't. Your theories about how it will play out are not more accurate than our lived experiences.

Do you think we are lying about how bad it was? About how grouping was non-existent because everyone on the server had their own box crew, and the folks that didn't want to play that way left? Do you think I am just upset because no one wanted to group with me? Because it isn't sour grapes. Folks dropped boxes for me all the time, but being carried by a friend with their own group who is too busy to even interact with me while we group is not a rewarding activity for me. Could you just possibly consider for a moment that we know what we are talking about because we were there?

I am not anti-boxing. I do not like what unrestricted boxing does to a server community.
  2. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I think you are ignorant.

I am not one of the several that claimed players like you can not get groups at all...I have maintain one simple observation....True Box does not address the problem like you think it does,

Oakwynd is the latest server. Oakwynd is True Box. Oakwynd has had box crews since day one. True Box did not prevent them at all, nor did it reduce them as Oakwynd was the ONLY server. And the farmers had a field day on Oakwynd....pick zones and AOC make it less obvious.

You have convinced yourself that True Box does something and it just does next to NOTHING.

You even point out how the bot crews are not for non true box because they would not have customers, and that is correct.

They have an advantage on a True Box server.

Want to discourage the box crews stop buying their services and items.

True Box is not having the impact you claim. They can get around it.
  3. Kahna Augur

And you can't understand that something not being 100% effective doesn't mean it doesn't accomplish it's goal (Nirvana fallacy anyone?). Yes, there are still boxers on truebox servers, but NOT NEARLY AS MANY. How hard is that to understand? If even 25% of the population on a truebox server was boxing a whole group it still isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to a non-truebox server. You would have nothing but boxers. Literally. Only boxers will play on a non-boxing server. Every camp would be taken up by a box group, you would have to box your own group to accomplish anything. I will take a handful of boxers who mostly don't bother me over a server that requires boxing to play on it any day. Rest assured, any boxing server moving forward will require boxing to advance.

Truebox 100% DID reduce the number of boxers on Oakwynd. It has reduced the number of boxers on every server it has been on. You claim it didn't, but what are you comparing it to? You admit you didn't play on the other TLPs. Fippy? Fippy didn't have a mass boxer problem. Hitting Fippy levels of boxers is a win for truebox. On Ragefire boxers made the game unplayable for anyone not boxing their own group. I am not exaggerating on that. If you are saying the Oakwynd had the same level of boxing that Fippy did then you are agreeing with me that it reduced the number of boxers, you just don't realize it.

I am not ignorant. I lived it. I saw what unrestricted boxing did to the server, to the community, to the economy, it is not at all the utopia where everyone is equal that you claim it is. The servers are better off and more enjoyable when the common man can really only manage to have one other character. Hands down. History has shown us this on more than one occasion. Yes, truebox does do what I think it does, which is to massively reduce the number of box groups out there. It makes being a single character player a viable option. You don't get that on an unrestricted boxing server.

Don't just dismiss the experiences of those were around on those servers.
  4. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

True Box is not even 1% effective....You saw what other changes (/pick and AOC) did...and you're dismissed.....lol
  5. Kahna Augur

Yeah, sure bud. Dunning-Kruger FTW. You have no idea what bad looks like.
  6. Exmortis_MT Augur

I would not say it is impossible, but I can attest I could certainly not do it. My efficiency drops with each toon but considerably when I go to 5 or 6. I still do better then not having them, half the time better than many that actually have joined me in my out of the way zone play. Since I pick interesting zones, or zones I have not played in a while, I have a real issues with attracting group members, seems if you not in Unreast, or Guk few will join.

I actually pick easier to macro classes over some really attention required ones (ahem Beastlord), in game macros allow me to box, but 5 lines are a huge limitation as are long timer abilities. But I have seen pretty amazing game play from people over my many years, so as much as I could not do it, some might.
  7. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

You apparently missed the part of my roommate at the time played on Ragefire...which is by any accounts the worst server in the history of EQ due to box crews. It was because it is one of the earliest with krono and no true box. It was awful due to lack of instances.

People like you want to use it as a bench mark to declare true box was the savior. When instances were the savior...NOT TRUE BOX.
  8. Ddezul Augur

They both help immensely.

Picks helped but its not like the beepboops don't just go to new picks and farm 24/7 ala SG.

I'm predicting if DGB makes the mistake of putting out a TrueBox and a non-true box server, the non will die much faster than the True.

Surely DBG knows this.
  9. itiswhatitis Elder

Ragefire sucked because it had no AoC. With Picks and AoC there is no reason for truebox servers anymore.
  10. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I have been saying this for 4 different threads....I think TRUE BOX serves ZERO purpose in 2024.
    itiswhatitis likes this.
  11. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

And yet both Aradune and Rizlona are dying....neither make it to even MEDIUM population anymore.

And the Aradune ruleset is SOOO POPULAR they removed True Box last October???

Instances helped immensely....true box does not and never has...People will use a rack of laptops and number keypads or VMWare to get around the True Box mechanism. Try as you might that always remains TRUE...
  12. xxar Augur

Those 2 servers are dying because there garbage servers , it has nothing to do with boxing. If I wanted to play on a locked server , I have multiple options that are supported with staff be it P99 or Quarm.

The other reason is because for some people , there completed (Bis) on those servers.

There is no viable progression and a dying economy. Why even play there ? All the reasons I listed have nothing to do with boxing.

As for running VMware to get around true box , it is done no arguments there... but no offense this is EQ , it has been fundamentally broken and exploited for years.

If the only rational argument presented is people cheating to realize the outcome you want to happen , you have already lost the debate.
  13. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

If you have paid attention at all...My point is True Box does not have the effect it was put in place for...at this point all it does is give the large box crews an advantage from launch to Omens of War.

You think my argument is people cheating?

When my argument is the mechanism only serves to give an advantage to those that cheat.

Never knew Rizlona or Aradune were locked...I thought the only locked server was Agnarr...
  14. Arclyte Augur

all this spamming on the forums just to be wrong :)

can't wait for the next truebox TLP, see you guys in crushbone :)
  15. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

And there will be mass box crews on it as well....good thing we have instances now...lol
  16. Ddezul Augur

Goodness.

You can't be helped. :(
  17. Ddezul Augur

That's your opinion.

The results seen by the people that live in reality say something else.
  18. Ddezul Augur

They are dying because there is no community.
    Sure I can beepbopboop 48-72 toons and farm whatever I want but...why? To show off to the other guys doing the same thing? Silly.

Those servers are dying because non-TrueBox servers will have a lot few 'real people and that's what MMORPGs are supposed to have.
  19. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

No it is pretty much public record both servers are constantly on low population....

True Box was removed from Aradune in October 2023...

And many people besides me have also pointed out that the major difference has been instances.

The only one that can even be considered opinion is the comment on instances. and it is a shared opinion of many.
  20. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Aradune should have been the anti-boxers dream server why is there no community?