Raid Chests 0 loots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Jan 20, 2024.

1. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I don't know how - because it certainly doesn't feel like it - but I've checked the math numerous times.
    We are averaging .9 valiant pieces per event, looking solely at raid dropped pieces.

I'll be honest - I liked the simplicity of the universal ore piece, and was pretty skeptical/cynical of the new more complicated system - however, last year it became extremely apparent, very early on, that this system was in fact a good deal faster then previous years, with similar pace of raiding.

In the end, we were done months faster last year then ever before; (which actually presents its own challenges), and this year, its looking to be a similar pace, albeit *slightly* slower because of the missing 9th raid.
  2. Allayna Augur

I never liked this addition of increasing coin throughout the year. It disincentivizes playing at the launch and incentivizes coming back in July to start gearing to just retire again with the new launch. Whole other issue than the number of nuggets in a chest and personally, I enjoyed the single nugget system as it gave guilds a bit of strategy. Putting nuggets in the hands of melee first for instance or in tank shields, etc.
  3. Lianeb Augur

Listen we can argue this back and forth for a long time. I know the currency increases as does everyone else. This is NOT the point of the whole thread, it's the fact that 45% of ALL raids don't drop a TS item at all. I look forward to the day the loot on the chests doubles (if in fact it will), you know when 45% of all raid will still drop 0 TS items 0x2=0
    Fenthen and KushallaFV like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The problem with that line of though ignores that overall people are gearing up faster under the new system even if it feels slower when you get bad RNG and no drops. Look at the post that Adetia made talking about how TR finished faster with the new system last year and appears to be on pace to finish faster this year as well.

Yes, it does suck when nothing drops but that doesn't mean the new system isn't better overall. Remember how many times have players complained about something being bad only to get something they like less overall from the devs.
  5. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Yup, people forget that negative experiences outweigh the positive.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would rather have the current system which is slightly better then the old universal ore system over more possible changes that make it worse overall.
  7. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Why can't your system have a minimum value of 1 TS item drop?
    FYAD and Berline like this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

It's a very good question. One which ought to get an answer.
    Berline and KushallaFV like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You would need to ask the devs that question, they are the one who changed it from a system with guaranteed drops with a universal ore to chances to drop up to 3 slot specific ones. I would wager that was done in response to complaints about the universal ore making all the T1 raid drops useless as you could just make any slot you wanted. And honestly it is likely in part to how the drop system works and they are not able to easily make 1 of the 3 possible drops a guarantee as they are all separate rolls for dropping.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Cicelee Augur

Probably the same reason why a mission doesn't always drop an evolving neck, but drops other things.

Or the named doesn't always drop the augment you want, but it does drop other things.

EQ rewards have always been based around RNG. From the time people wanted a Nagafen cloak but saw three blade things to now, when a raider apparently only wants a TS item instead of the temporary upgrade the chest provides. Currency, vendors selling all raid items, and increased currency throughout the year allows players (regardless of current system) to gear out faster than ever.

We can disagree all we want about the current system. But the fact is, the current system does gear you faster than before. Isn't that a good thing, regardless of how many Valiants are in a chest?

PS- I agree it is a bummer when there is no Valiant in a chest. Or there is a Valiant neck or cloak. I just don't get all worked up about it like some do. The bummer feeling lasts about 2.2 seconds and then I move on.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

They should cap focus effects for the current level. LS and LS part 2 focus effects caps at 125 instead of 130. Then we can fight over t1 for focus :)

also, do something about cleave/fero being stale.
    FYAD likes this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Not sure on main raids, I seem to be ok though. My alt who is a casual raid "main" seems to be doing pretty well.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Irrelevant. It's casual raids, none of the mains could join due to lockouts.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

It really doesn't matter though, in a couple months your second cousins sisters alts cat will be geared up.
  15. Bobokin Augur

T1 is good for alts and lower level guildies. It should also self convert like Cohort armor. Many players don't want it because they don't want to pay $180,000pp for the combines when a replacement is just around the corner. If not that, allow the T1 armor to replace the merchant item as an option in the T2 combine.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Group players are in the same situation. If your toon is in full t3 gear from the previous expansion, looting current t2 gear is such a minute upgrade that it's not worth the plat. It either rots or goes to alts if you have one parked close enough to warrant the time spent logging in/out to loot.
  17. JetZeppelin2h Augur

That was how it worked in the past on some expansions, you had tiers of group items and you had to make T1 group to use for T2 group which was then used for making T3 group and that was use to make T1 raid and it was used for T2 raid etc but you could also bypass if you wanted to make T3 group but didn't have T1 or T2 made you bought a piece from a merchant that cost alot of plat so you could skip some levels to make T3 etc.

Don't quote me I don't remember exact requirements but it worked something like that so you didn't really have to pay any plat as long as you got the drop for all the lower tier levels of it.

There are good and bad thoughts for that system. Good that you don't need plat to get the best version of the item but also bad side of someone taking a T1 raid drop so they don't have to pay for T2 raid item when they get that drop but at the same time you are taking away a T1 drop someone could have used because you don't want to pay plat for T2 later.
  18. FYAD Augur

Sort of.... You're thinking of the EoK to RoS progression path. In order to make T1 RoS group gear, you had to have the T3 EoK armor piece. There was no alternative "pay plat to bypass" method. They did put the EoK T3 drop on the RoS group vendor, but that cost mission currency, not plat. T2 RoS required T1 RoS and T3 required a completed T2 item. So to go all the way you *had* to loot each interim drop along the way (and they were all NO DROP) as well as purchase the vendor sold reagent item at each step. So it was even more of a plat sink than what we have now and required more loot drops to complete without the ability to skip tiers. Add in the "go back to last expansion to get a drop" as a kicker and I'm glad they don't follow that method any more.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

Maybe it's just our guild or our server but it seems like our Valiant drop rate has been abysmal.

65 total drops since raids unlocked in January and just 28 drops since T3 unlocked over a month ago. And that's clearing the expansion numerous times. I think we took Easter Sunday off but that's it.

Multiple times we've had chests without a single drop. And then you factor in how many drops were actually stupid necks or backs and it's very disheartening.

There really needs to be a floor of at least 1 Valiant per chest.
    FYAD and Fenthen like this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would be careful for what you ask for, how many times have players complained about something not being what they want and the devs make a change only for the players to complain that they made it worse.
    Bobokin likes this.