Raid Chests 0 loots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Boro Journeyman

Some people were speculating it only affected the T2 drops. It's just frustration bubbling up with the drop rates being set really low.
  2. Xslia Elder

Update from 2/22 raid - 6th raid in a row with no Valiant items. getting a lot of frustrated raiders with this kind of drop ratd. Our 7th raid netted us 1 Valiant item.
    Yinla and Fenthen like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

5 raids this week 1 TS item. :rolleyes:
    FYAD, Xslia and Fenthen like this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

It's also fun when there's only 2 spell runes. Almost like there's no point in raiding until June.
  5. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I just raid in Beta. It’s way better and way less time investment.
  6. Xslia Elder

Tunare server - 2 raids last night - Zero Valiant items.... and we got dinged with missing coins on one raid.
  7. Xslia Elder

I went back and did a tally of raids vs Valiant. Since Jan 8th - we have done 36 LS raid content events up to last night, 3/11. We have received 24 Valiant items, so our raid team to-date is hitting bout a 66% chance of having a Valiant item in the raid chest.
  8. Nightops Augur

Did you check to see if any of those raid chests had 2 or more Valiant item drops? Having chests with 2 or more drops would lower your chance per raid chest a bit.
  9. Allayna Augur

But are you all using a bard/rogue to disarm traps before opening. That's the real question.
    Svann2 likes this.
  10. Xslia Elder

Ah, so I reviewed drops again and we have opened 20 of 36 chests that had a Valiant item. So that takes our drop rate to 55% (as we did have multiple in a few of the chests.
  11. Xslia Elder

Every time (till last 2 raids last night) , and we are so superstitious (or suspicious) that we wait for coins to hit and all achievements to scroll through.

We did not disarm the last 2 raids out of 4 last night - the only observation is we got more spells runes. But that's not a real good sampling.
  12. Lianeb Augur

Machin Shin is also at 55% raids with TS drops
    81 Raids 45 of those dropped a TS item.
    Total Drops = 66
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

The name of this thread is misleading. You didn't get 0 loots. You got 0 best in slot loots. I'm down with people feeling the need to actually make use of T1 loot.

And I'm ready for the pitchforks.
    jeskola and Svann2 like this.
  14. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

Fun fact. Non valiant loot is also loot.
    jeskola and Nennius like this.
  15. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

I don't disagree with this statement. In fact, people should be fighting/bidding over non-valiant loot. The problem is with expectations and chances at such drops set by a string of previous expansions and the copy/paste nature of previous expansions. Also, the fact that players are down one entire raid worth of loot in this expansion. Loot has been inconsistent on the design front while retaining it's same boring qualities - meaning most focus effects don't even change from ore/valiant loot vs "non-valiant" loot. TS loot in this expansion just like with previous expansions is a badge of honor, who gets it first based on loyalty/dkp/rpp/whatever. But it doesn't change what it does for a majority of classes - save for the weapon front where melee classes are concerned.

Considering the rarity of drops, the ore system should've just been capped to two pieces per player, anyway. I personally also preferred the universal ore system. Let the player decide what slots to use for the two TS ores. And as far as regular loot goes, get rid of the "container" shenanigans. The non-tradeskill raid drops should be itemized by class groups (priests, pure dmg casters, etc.. Creating a container for virtually every piece of visible gear was the worst move on EQ's part. I hate to say it. Non-TS raid drops should be insta-gratification upon winning them. TS raid drops should not.

I don't recall when the last time was that I ever felt "happy" over any type of raid loot I won this game (it was maybe during HoT times, lol), anyway. I just view everything as an annoying damn container within a container (meaning in my bags). I've reached the point, quite some time ago, where I honestly could care less about TS vs non-TS raid gear.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

I've got 7 ore pieces on one of my toons. How I earned them, I participated in casual raids. It's really not hard, the RNG is a little picky at times but just show up and loot happens.
  17. Lianeb Augur

How many people in your guild that also show up have none?
    We have gotten 94 pieces of TS loot and we hit the raids 2 times a week. if everyone got just one that's 14 people without 1, if one person had 7 it would be 20
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are you forgetting the ability to buy them with currency or just ignoring it? There should be enough currency to buy at least one by now.
  19. Lianeb Augur

I was talking pure drops otherwise i would have stated that. Buying 1 is not that same as getting a drop.
    Though it does result in an item.
    Toukan likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And it does add up quickly once the currency doubles again to 40 (44 with perk) you will be able to purchase the cheaper TS items in under a full week of raiding and the most expensive in a week and a half of raiding. Once you factor in currency and the increases in it as the currency doubles that becomes a good way to take care of gearing up.