Can spells please be added to the NtoV dragon loot tables?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Samtan, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Trajet D'Or Augur

Perhaps you've missed the point of designing content, it should be appealing to players.

You had "leg up" content though most of Beta and then increased the difficulty to the point that almost all guilds reporting NToV kills are also reporting RoF Progression raid wins.

So all the time you spent on that is now mainly targetted at Grey Horizon and a handful of similar low end guilds who atleast want some RoF loot and can only handle the bad Time vs Reward raids and high end guilds who are asking for a way to bypass 12 of the 13 Dragons you designed.

Sarith/Valley are vastly more than a "leg up", those are extreme amounts of loot for the time and difficulty that I never expect to see in the game again. NToV is less than a "leg up", ~16 hours of raiding in a month to get each person ~2 pieces of loot.

~16 hours of raiding, ~2 pieces of loot, 80 currency and 1 spell each. That would look more like a "leg up". Removing flags so those guilds could farm really trivial Sep1-2 would be a "leg up". 3 months from now ~1/3 of your gear will be from NToV if you spend ~48 hours raiding is bad Time vs Reward.

But hey, you did EXACTLY what you wanted and you tuned content based on the feedback of players who are asking for ways to skip the content. If you want people to actually have sufficient incentive to do the content you created I am offering advice, I realize that this means you're less likely to do something but I didn't really want to farm Vulak and have a ton of drama over every Chandrok Robe anyways so thanks for giving me an excuse to ditch the zone once we get the Vulak check mark.
  2. Hatestorm Lorekeeper

This is why you need a separate vendor that has just ToV items on it and uses a unique raid currency earned by killing dragons. Maybe even leave the T1 visible items off it and just focus on the non-visible and multi-class pre-made visibles that drop in ToV. This would be a way for people to get something as most of these dragons only drop a couple of items per kill.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  3. Stubar Augur

So does that mean Vulak items will be on the T2 vendor? Would be logical if we get currency from him that we can purchase his drops?
    Lifeshriek, Rasputyn and Hatsee like this.
  4. Rasputyn Elder

Nice, thanks.

As for spells, I would add:

-2 spells(96-98) to each dragon
    -1 spell(96-98) to each triplet
    -4 spells(98-100) to Vulak
  5. Kurayami Augur

I can understand the reasoning for no currency on dragons pre-Vulak, but are spells/cultural augs a possibility? Just a chance of aug, 1 spell per dragon would be great!
  6. Endo Journeyman

Speak for yourself and not the people who the gear and content is intended for. That gear is all nice upgrades and bridging content for mid level raiders.

Cracks me up when myopic people post statements that are totally out of whack just to push their personal agenda.
    Xeladom, Rouan and Pirlo like this.
  7. Xnao Augur

Everyone here is pushing their personal agenda. No one cares for the good of the game.
  8. Coruth Augur

I'd like to see 10 to 20 total for all the other dragons. If you look at NTOV as 1 or 2 Tier1 raids the amount seems on. With 1 T2 raid for vulak
  9. Abazzagorath Augur

Thats BS. A lot of people care about the good of the game.
    CaRnon likes this.
  10. Crystilla Augur

My guild just got it's first Shard's Landing kill this week on Tuesday. We also got our first Sepulcher 4 kill this week on Tuesday. (Go go double headers!). I truly believe that SL kill was directly influenced by the growing number of dragons we had been able to kill over time. While we just got the 11th dragon down last week, the gear has helped us get past the 50% mark on SL raid that we'd been stuck at for weeks.

To me it's done exactly what it was set out to do.
  11. CaRnon Augur

My personal adenda? How is asking for spells on the dragons for just my own agenda? I would think that putting spells on the dragons would benifit everyone? As a Dev has replyed saying they will look into this issue makes it seem like its a respectable request.... but I have learned on these forms that no matter what you ask someone will attack it.... thanks for keeping that true..

Of course I speak for myself... I can not speak for you... but that does not mean that my opinion means any less then yours. I am happy its nice gear for mid level raiders... does not mean that it can not be of more use for higher level raiders... why not put a few spells on the dragons? 1-2 or so spells on each dragon wont hurt anything.. it would actually help mid level raiders more then before... why is it bad to want spells put on the lower dragons? If you think I do not care about the good of the game you are really mis informed...and I love how you are trying to make this seem like I am selfish...

It wont make the dragons any harder... it will actually give spell access to more raiders... And Vulak gear is great gear for any raiders... so what gives you the right to claim this zone is only for you and your friends?

So sorry that I asked for something that would benifit everyone.... I must be crazy to ask for something that apparently only I would benifit from... oh wait.. everyone would... guess my personal agenda is larger then myself... thanks for playing

I am sure all of the 11 guilds that have beat RoF are also farming NToV for Vulak still... so my input on this is as useful as yours... so I find it hard to see how me asking for spells on tov dragons is selfish and not making the game better for the masses... I am sure there are alot of mid tier raiders who would love more ways to get their rk3 spells.... ..
  12. CaRnon Augur

I know I do... but apparently some folks like to attack anyone that has an idea... Its sad when folks troll you over trying to get more rk3 spells to more folks.
  13. Talif Augur

Don't forget the Red Bull orb. Mmmm, hSTATs in Primary slot....
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

Spells or a currency would help a lot of mid tier guilds with beating tier 1.

Remember, NToV initially was a catch up zone for guilds that couldn't break into T4 VoA.
    Xeladom likes this.
  15. savrin Augur

I have no personal agenda at all. My suggesions are things that would benefit most raiders. A lot of guilds are struggling to beat t1 events and can only do ntov. It's funny how many uber guild types are against this. It's like RoI and other guilds like them will lose something if mid tier guilds get spells and apparently currency off of vulak from ntov.

It was always strange to me from the beginning that this bridge content did not have all the things that would help mid tier guilds bridge the gap enough to do t1 raid content such as spells. Melees get a lot from this, but casters pretty much get hosed by no spell upgrades.
  16. Tegila Augur

casters get focus upgrades. cant give casters all their focii and spells in t0.

that said, i agree that there should be some of everything, but only some. take the 3 hardest pre-vulak dragons and add 25% chance at cultural aug and add 1 spell, maybe a few currency but currency doesnt do much if you cant buy anything until you've beaten the raid it drops from anyway (t1)

id like to know how all these people are supposedly skipping aary though unless theyre all paying people to request that for some odd reason got lockout on him and no one else. imo, this takes more gear tahn t1 stuff, this particular dragon and from waht i read a couple others, while the ones in between are thecakewalks. since aary blocks those and you need either a lot of good wars or you need t4+ gear on a few of them to get past him, he kinda negates the opint of this being bridging content. though we havent beaten either (and only so many attempts on aary due to his hits) seems to me SL is far easier on the gear requirements than aary. once aary's dead im sure there are lenty that can be steamrolled as a reward to getting past him. if people are getting others to request to get past aary thats not exactly intended by the devs and shouldnt be taken into consideration with whetehr this is true bbridging content or not.
  17. Qualzek Augur

Read part of this thread not the whole thing but may have already been mentioned....

I think NToV is a gift for guilds to back gear people tons of easy gear..... at best i would suggest making spells random off dragons so you get a few during the clear but definitely don't think they should all drop them. Also I agree that currency should not be on the dragons.... Don't wanna see it made too easy.... just my opinion
  18. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Yes, they are on farm status for my guild for sure, but I'm old school and enjoy ToV runs. :D
  19. Mellifleur Augur

I have seen this somewhere before....

Thinks back a bit... Somewhere around December 21st.... Except you was on the agenda side, instead of the overall health of the game...
  20. Mellifleur Augur

YOU are the current problem in Everquest.
    THAT MENTALITY is the current problem in Everquest.
    They do NOT have to pander to crybaby elitists ... which they have been doing a little too much of lately and right here is as good as place as any...to Stop it.