Can spells please be added to the NtoV dragon loot tables?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Samtan, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Xnao Augur

Fixed your spelling error.
  2. Mellifleur Augur

Both are past tense.
    [IMG]
  3. Cicelee Augur

I never insinuated that guilds that just do NToV are "bottom feeder" guilds. Those are your words Trajet D'Or, and I appreciate you holding yourself accountable for saying that.

What I did specifically state is that NToV is *not* part of RoF progression, and as such should not necessarily give out the same benefits and rewards as RoF progression events. NToV is strictly bonus events, handing out bonus items. It is meant to help give some current expansion raid events to guilds who need a little extra gear to help them get through RoF progression events. It is also meant to bring back one of the greatest raid zones in the history of EQ, and (for many of us old timers that have been around since way back in the day) a chance to relive some names and encounters in one of our favorite raid zones.

Now I was surprised to see that NToV also handed out one T1 armor piece per event. But that is fine, it is just one piece. And after reading some of the more intellectual posts on this thread, I can understand if they make it a 25% random drop one 96-98 rk3 spell per any dragon not named Aaryonar/Vyremm/Vulak... and a 100% random 96-98 off of Aaryonar/Vyremm and a 100% random 99-100 off of Vulak. But there should be no cultural augs off of any dragon (unless you want to add one to Vulak, due to its difficulty).

As far as the currency goes, best idea was to create a Dragon Mark currency that only applies specifically to NToV items. Have the raid vendor stand right outside the raid NPC in West Wastes. This currency can only be used to purchase NToV only droppable items. It should *not* be used to purchase T1 vis that RoF provides, nor should it be used to purchase T1 non vis from RoF progression raids. That sounds entirely fair in my personal opinion.

But NToV is supposed to be bonus events. That is all. Don't treat it like RoF progression because it is not, and as such players should not receive the benefits a RoF progression event gives.
  4. Trajet D'Or Augur

I tried to evoke empathy in you by trying to make you think about real people in a real guild instead of the evil faceless hypothetical guild you imagined. I realize that you will have a greater degree of comfort posting on the internet about how "those people" don't deserve more loot than talking to someone in Grey Horizon and telling them to beat more Progresion raids if they want more loot as if they aren't already trying to do that.

Since the clearly stated intention for non-Vulak NToV is a "leg up" it should offer a leg up. Instead nearly the same number of guilds have reported an Aary and Shard's Landing kill and one of those offers far more reward.

And what's important to understand is that while the gear itself helps, it's actually the accumulation itself that is the real leg up. Attendance, recruitment and retention are the things that are the real leg up. Grinding NToV raids knowing there is no possible chance you will get Bene/Det Pres, Pet Focus and such because of DKP/Seniority/Etc combined with random drops does not offer much help for attendance, recruitment and retention.

Elidroth looks back with his rose colored glasses to an era when un-instanced raiding placed all the cards in the hands of established guilds who could treat people like scum and only needed 1% of the active players on the server to show up to their raids and Velious era naked cross-server transfers were the first lifeline out from under established guild(s) on your current server who monopolized content. From that perspective he goes, 2 pieces of 2700ish loot a month if you clear NToV each week, holy halfing do we spoil players.

I look at it from the perspective of how does NToV help with attendance, recruitment and retention and can clearly see that it's lacking. There is simply not enough reward for the time it takes to do the raids. If more guilds with only 4 Alaris raids were beating the raids atleast then it would be easier to match the reward and easier would let the guilds currently beating the raids do it faster and thereby increase the Time vs Reward.

Instead it's guilds like Grey Horizon who even beat two T4 Alaris raids pre-RoF grinding through NToV for poor Time vs Reward. But hey, that's EXACTLY what Elidroth wanted, so plan your raid targets accordingly.
  5. Chandrok Augur

The dragon bosses will have a chance to drop spell gems in the next patch. Spell gems will also be added to raid merchants at the same time. No loot from NToV will be available on merchants however. This is intended.
  6. NaVi7512 Elder

Very appreciated. Thanks
  7. Abazzagorath Augur

Vulak loot on the vendor for something like 500-1000 t2 currency would be greatly appreciated, considering the drop table and the fact you'll never even see a bunch of the stuff drop =(
  8. Xirtket Augur

I don't think the prices need to be increased at all, 420 crystallized fear for a T2 bp, you have to beat 42 raids to get one item, minimum is beating 17 raids for the lowest items, IMO 42 raids is a bit much.
  9. Ronak Augur

Please consider making it 1 guaranteed spell drop, with the only random element being if you get a 2nd one or not. Having to do the events and be at the mercy of the RNG, when so many things have been done already to offset the RNG factor, would be a step backwards imo.
  10. boukk_sebilis Augur

Adding 10 to vulak shouldn't really inflate price much, in fact if it s going to inflate price at all, better not to add currency.
  11. Axxius Augur

What about the ability to down-trade Glowing rk3 spell gems? Like it is done in VoA and HoT.
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

If I wasn't a guy, I'd be asking you to have my paladin babies!
  13. Nissassa Elder

Would definitely like to see the Vulak loot table vendor able, Especially since Vulak currently has BiS pieces. Spell drops in NToV will be a big bonus though and a little bit more incentive for some guilds to add the lengthy journey to Vulak in their raid week.
  14. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

awesome news on spells, As far as currency and or his loot being on the vendor /shrug. his gear better be REAL high in cost from vendor then higher then the 210 cause these items are > t2 gear slightly does not justify its value. 2ndlt i hope that his loot table is also locked behind his kill if it goes vendor
  15. Talif Augur

The only way I could see adding currency would be if it was ToV only, or was only 2-3 per dragon if it was T1 stuff. Honestly, I'd love to see a ToV only currency added. There's a few nice/unique items in there it would be great to get more of into the world.
  16. Coruth Augur

I don't see why NTOV isn't considered 1 T1 Raid and 1 T2 Raid.

Add 1 (not 10) to the Dragons
    Add 10 to Vulek
  17. Ronak Augur

Difficulty should have nothing to do with drops, btw. If it did, then 3 of the T2 raids would drop rusty daggers, and nothing else. ToV was originally intended as bonus content, but it ended up being made into an official part of RoF, and is static now. It's not going away.
  18. boukk_sebilis Augur

Any news about that elidroth pls?
  19. sojuu Augur

Anyone have any clue when the next patch is?
  20. Siddar Augur

Should be released live next week on Wed.

Test patch happens one week before the patch moves to live most of the time, not every time though, but 90% of time it works that way..