Eat a Krono for exp?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SnapVine, Jan 11, 2024.

1. SnapVine Augur

What if they just cut out the middle man and let us eat a krono for exp? Would that actually be an improvement to anything? This middleman is taking a cut, so maybe just more profits for DB and less spam?
    Nuttmeg likes this.
  2. uberkingkong Augur

Makes sense.

EQ would probably refute that it takes away the vibe of EQ of leveling.

However, krono is given to a PL'er and you already don't have the vibe leveling.
    So mine as well just level from krono.

While we on that, EQ should improve the map system, has a database and people put their maps into that db, and it gets approved or whatever than everyone can use.
    Maybe upload and password lock it, so say guild only version, gotta use the password to use it.
    Only the people that play EQ know about how easy it is to do the map thing.
    People who do not EQ, no map is discouraging. They don't know of the easy process. They don't know how to find out.

Diablo Immortal, everyone has a smartphone right? Don't assume newplayers can figure out easy process of maps.

Since talking about vibe of leveling going away if allow krono to give xp.
    The vibe of exploring the unexplored goes away if you use goods, everyone does. there is no vibe.
  3. SnapVine Augur

Yeah, that's a good point. I guess I was thinking since its literally non stop spamming and there is zero effort to control it, paying krono to level is already "part of the game" so they might as well just embrace it and profit from it directly.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Again on the maps? Let it go dude. Goods and Brewells are amazing and better than anything hobbled together by random players. Most every new player I see in chat is told where to get maps perhaps you could help better by spreading the word about it also.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Tachyon Augur

maybe, if you play the PL game i'd say 1K = 45 mins leveling with a power group, 1 hour with a normal good group, just cut out the middle man?
  6. Tachyon Augur

i'd say the real question, is $16 a major expenditure for your average eq player?
  7. SnapVine Augur

I don't understand your posts. This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the question.

The question is if buying PLs is part of the game, why do we have to buy it from bot groups instead of DB. A very high % group exp potion that costs a krono could be another implementation.
  8. SnapVine Augur

actually a high % exp pot wouldn't work, because people would eat them and sit in the PL groups anyway. You'd have to be able to convert the krono directly to exp to help get rid of the PL groups/spam
  9. Tachyon Augur

the essence of pay to play... is the $$ amount substantial or trivial to the player? if trivial and the developer does not offer players will pay someone else
  10. Tachyon Augur

played since the beginning, paying to advance has always been a part of the game
  11. JeffHanson Augur

At this point, they should just hire the people writing the unmentionable software and make automated gameplay a basic part of EQ. The game has already jumped the shark anyway.
    Joules_Bianchi and jiri_ like this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would rather they develop their own boxing/automation software in house. That way, they can add things to it they're comfortable letting players do...like auto foraging or auto fishing...mainly QoL improvements. And then just flat out BAN everything else and ban everyone that uses those other programs...getting rid of any gray areas.
  13. JeffHanson Augur

I agree completely. Unfortunately, it is clear that they are never going to follow through on the second part of your idea.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's because they need better management willing to make hard decisions like that.
  15. Fluid Augur

For TLP since that is the forum?

For Live they have the $30 for a mostly developed character last time I checked. I don't know how successful of a program that is.

TLP would be a problem from push-back of segments of player base.

There exist or used to exist a group of players that wants heavy investment or commitment to your character. The theory behind this is you wouldn't do anything stupid that would risk your account and/or character. If you have more money then brains, it would allow the Bill Gates of the world to be jerks in game too. Mommy's credit card types too.

There is also the people that engage in the 'first to' [level, raid, ...] crowd.

It's still doable. You just have to accommodate the dissenters with an current slow leveling version at the same time. Comp people would still have first to for raids etcetera. People that wanted to be power leveled could get it sooner. Not a bad idea if it works for generating revenue. People paying an extra $30 every time a TLP gets a new expansion.
  16. Brildon Augur

The only thing I wish they'd change with the krono system is the option to consume them for DBC.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  17. Nuttmeg Augur

I think a Krono should give 1/3 (in levels) of experience remaining to cap.

If a server has a level cap of 60, the first Krono brings you to level 20. At 20, with 40 levels left until cap, the next Krono brings you to level 33. Etc.
  18. TLP Addict Augur

I don't see this company with it's current staff doing anything that hurts the ability for automated AoE PL crews to make money. In fact some of their most controversial changes over the past years have actually benefited them to the detriment of regular players.
    Joules_Bianchi and Dre. like this.
  19. Muramx Augur

That wouldn't solve anything. Why waste a bunch of Krono getting deminishing returns when you can burn 3kr to have someone take you from 1-60?
  20. DeadRagarr Augur

Or you could just make TLP heroic toons.

Buy a level 50 Classic heroic in non planar gear.
    Buy a level 60 etc.

Thats about the easiest way to cut middle man.
    Dre. and Hdizzle like this.