Personas - Are They Safe To Use?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WhatUptime, Dec 15, 2023.

1. WhatUptime Journeyman

I saw some reports about personas deleting chars or inventories - are they safe to use now, after the latest patch?

Thanks
  2. Iuwene Augur

Latest patch didn't even touch personas according to the notes. Not even talkin about fixing them.
    I wouldn't touch them before at least the January patch.
    nottadev, Thunderkiks and Herf like this.
  3. Zeelot Elder

Definitely not safe. I wouldn't risk using them ever to be honest, even if they eventually say the bugs are fixed. More trouble than it's worth.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

NO
  5. Janakin Augur

I would not use on a live server. If you want to test it out, use /testcopy on your character and then play around with it on test server.
    nottadev and Herf like this.
  6. Bernel Augur

If you have a character you play all the time, you might want to wait before adding a persona to it. There are still some bugs out there with inventory items and money that they are tracking down and need to fix.

If you trying personas out on test, just keep in mind that bugs are unpredictable. Just because you don't hit a bug on Test doesn't mean that you won't hit it on Live.
    Herf likes this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

No.
    Herf likes this.
  8. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Surely, personas must be safe, they are on the list of accomplishments for 2023. :D
  9. Herf Augur

You win the Internet for today :)
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Tuco Augur

11. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They're fine* to use.

*There are currently a few issues that still need to be fixed, but they are not deleting characters or inventories.

• Bracers are swapped if they are the same item.
    • Augs can sometimes pop out (happened on 2 chars, but not the third, seemed related to the bracers).
    • If a hero's forge aug is popped out, the item retains the appearance of HF but without the aug and you then cannot put a different HF aug in.
    • There was some issue specifically related to the patch where a few people (I didn't on any of my 3 characters with personas) lost their platinum, but they know about it and it should be fixed in the next patch most likely.
  13. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Heroic AAs, Slayer/Banestrike and Trophy Collector are all also broken at the moment, depending on how important those are to you.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

I am scared now. What else might seem safe, but isn't. Noooooooooooo
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Players are losing items see
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ied-personas-my-gear-vanished-forever.294694/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-lost-all-items-and-inventory-on-main.294626/

My guild has been advised not to use them until at least the January patch.

Other bugs
    Once you create a persona when you in log you will be on the newest persona regardless of which persona/main you log out on or where you camped.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'm not downplaying the seriousness of the issue for those players, but that is two people out of how many? Players still occasionally lose items because of housing and that has been in the game for over a decade, but no one is calling for a boycott of housing because of it because it's a very rare edge case.

Whatever specifically affected those two players are edge cases or there would be dozens/hundreds of players posting about losing everything, and that just hasn't happened.

I have created three personas, and I always log in to the persona/main I logged out as. The one time I logged into the wrong one (camped as main, logged in as persona) was after the server update, and that is a known issue they are working on.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  17. GrandOpener Elder

If that's true--it's stuff like this that spooks me more than anything. Disappearing inventory is pretty bad, but I have confidence the GMs will eventually sort that out. Always logging in as your newest persona would be quite bad for me as often as I log out in obscure places expecting to be there when I come back, but I have no idea when or even if they will fix that.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

There was a very good reason why, when personas were initially released to the Test server, there was a line in the patch message saying not to use them...because they were broke AF.

It was only after people were pointing out that line that they went back and edited the patch message to take it out. Nothing was fixed...they just didn't want people to know the truth.

They're still broke AF.
  19. Cuzon Elder

I have been using them on my main on test since they went live. I have not lost any gear / inventory. The only issue I have run into so far is that on my beastlord and necro personas spell books have been swapped some how. Other than that I have had zero issues.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Have you run into issues of camping out as one persona and returning as another?