2024 TLP Ruleset!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by OldTimeEQ1, Dec 7, 2023.

1. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I play on Oakwynd but population has taken a massive hit in past few weeks. Bazaar has under 500 traders, LFG is a ghost town mostly.

But this is not about those facts (If you dispute these, post your chat name and off peak playtimes)

I think next TLP will have

- Velious or Luclin Start (please no more Classic 2/3 months!)
    - FTE

- Random Loot
    - Exp Bonus for personas (including AA, quest exp)
    - Free Trade
    - Heirloom loot (for personas)

Keep this clean, don't ask for PvP or longer unlocks, seriously.

Edit: Added start
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It still has been a high population most of the time and with the live expansion launch you are going to have players who are moving back to live to play the new content.
  3. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I have people who don't play on Oakwynd on ignore who theorize nonsense, hope they can comprehend subject and post accordingly (far chance, but I can dream they go shill in official discord and get mocked)
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If a server that is maintaining a high population most of the time is dead what does that say about the game as a whole?
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If a server that is maintaining a high population most of the time is dead what does that say about the game as a whole?
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I wouldn't exect to see FTE on the next server, the same as we haven't seen a repeat of Random loot or Free Trade.

I'd expect to see Random Loot/Free Trade either in 2024 or 2025 as Mischief gets closer to live.

Personas are a sore point at the moment with all their issues. I wouldn't expect them to want to add anything else to them until they are stable.

Heirloom loot was an Oakwynd feature, so again I wouldn't expect to see that repeated on the next TLP.

What I would like to see:-
    Starts in Luclin
    Includes Zerkers
    Vaniki expansion unlock schedule (not level locked and no challenges)
    Vaniki Loot rules (double loot & all items have recommended not required)
    Random loot/free trade doesn't bother me either way
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Change it to a GoD start and I think you have it as that will enable berskers on launch
  8. Bullsnooze Augur

Why mention them?

Personally, I don't believe they need a new TLP server for 2024. There are currently (10) servers to play on at varying stages in the EQ timeline.

What I'd like to see is another event server with rewards I can unlock account-wide. :)
    fransisco likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

GoD was a horrid expansion to start with unless you are staying there for a lot longer.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Can choose a later expansion if you feel that it would be better but you will need to at least start at GoD in order to get berserkers.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Classic start
    Bazaar from classic
    Fte
    Free trade
    No truebox
    itiswhatitis and Keither like this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They are unlikely to ever add in free trade without random loot doing to the ability to lock down camps and manipulate the market
    fransisco likes this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

That's fine
  14. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I agree with the no new TLP server, and instead going with an event server. But that's not the topic of the conversation.

Some thoughts -
    • Luclin start at the earliest. Enable frogloks and berserkers. All you would need to do is activate the froglok starting city and the newbie area mobs, and put vendors and GMs in the starting cities for berserkers (axe components). Of course don't forget the epic NPCs and mobs for berserkers, all the zones they need would be available by Luclin.
    • Add enchanter and magician classes to frogloks, and enable all of the hybrid classes that would not normally unlock until much later.
    • Remove the stupid restriction of blocking the extended target window until level 20. How exactly is it going to let you get to 20 sooner, when it only takes a couple hours for a Filthy Casual™ like me?
    • No gimmicks, no tricks, no special loot rules such as Mischief. Heirloom seems to be working fine on Oakwynd, but that's as far as I would go, if I were in charge.
    • I would consider FTE, if I had access to any relevant internal data. For me personally, I've only had a couple of very minor verbal exchanges over a mob, months ago. Aside from a few quirks, it seems to me and my unscientific observations, that it's working as intended. But I recognize that there may be internal data that would suggest otherwise.
    • Consider adding other classes to some races. Bard is the first to come to mind. Barbarians and halflings come immediately to mind, and even the stuffy high elves create art and music. And of course, real frogs "sing", so frogloks as well. Honestly, it's a class that fits all races. Some races may not have the proper animations, but is anybody really going to complain aside from the usual suspects? Y'all know who you are. Expanding on this, adding beastlord to frogloks makes sense, using the logic that all races that can be a shaman, can also be a beastlord. Using that same logic, wood elves are a little more "wild", and I could see adding shaman without bruising the lore too badly, but it's not a hill to die upon.
    Just my thoughts on it, though without any expectation that any of it would come to pass. DayPaw has successfully lowered the bar in regards to my expectations.
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  15. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Just to add, any new TLP really needs to do away with true box, or at least start with relaxed true box.
  16. Tyranthraxus Grognard

You forgot Iksar Zerkers, they could add them for a kunark start, and plug a couple npc's in other starting cities.

And stop adding badly coded broken things that allow for new dupes.
    Keither and Doranur_Aleguzzler like this.
  17. coltongrundy Augur

make no sense
  18. jeskola pheerie

Let's be honest. Dpg/EG7 need to make money. Here is how:

2 servers. One with Truebox one without.

Free trade
    Random loot
    Double loot

The rest of rules like lockouts and expansion duration the established.
    Chislett likes this.
  19. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Great addition, I was trying to type it up as quickly as possible, so this old man could get to bed. There's also no reason to continue to disallow wizard, magician, and enchanter from Iksars either. Come to think about it, why have race/class restrictions at all, moving forward? I know the arguments have often centered around armor appearance or casting/fighting animations, but I'd venture a guess that could be gotten around. A barbarian wizard trying to equip a robe? Easy, then apply the default tattered armor appearance, the stuff you can cobble together with a handful of bear pelts. A race doesn't have certain attack animations, well then assign one that is similar. Hey! They could monetize it, by making it an integral gimmick of the next expansion! /s
  20. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

personas disabled is the new requirement for it not to be DOA
    Keither likes this.
  21. coltongrundy Augur

Achievements for killing raid mobs, you get to select any 1 single piece of loot from the mob's drop table the 1st time you kill it.