Test Update 10/10/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 9, 2023.

1. Xhartor Augur

What lucrative spot on Mangler would this be?
    • All the items and the type 5 augs are no trade.
    • The drop armor requires armor from the previous expansion to update.

The current ways to make plat to buy krono on Mangler:
    • Gem drops from any exp camp.
    • Selling trade skill mats.
    • Selling spell runes.
    • Selling collectibles (which are super common in this expansion).
    Xyroff-cazic. and Skuz like this.
  2. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I am not quite sure why you are having such a profound overreaction to the removal of Truebox on servers that are well past their population prime. There is no longer a need for Truebox. It served its intended purpose in the early expansions and it is time for it to sunset.

I have never boxed more than one extra character. But this is a big change for me and I welcome it. Not needing to upgrade my boxing laptop with the DirectX change coming soon is a win for me. I get to continue playing my main and my box and I dont need extra equipment to do so.

It was a long fought battle, many thanks to everyone who begged, pleaded, asked nicely, wrote long posts filled with logic and reason - or took any part in trying to achieve this change. This is great news for everyone on Mangler, Aradune, Mischief, and Thornblade.
    Eryndhel, Skuz and ForumBoss like this.
  3. Pikollo Augur

I'm just saying give it a chance. It doesn't make much sense for a new box army to hit Thornblade when Mischief has way more people to buy stuff.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Who is your character on Mangler? What lucrative farming spots are you thinking of in Ring of Scale content for a box army to monopolize? Please be specific, since you're obviously very up in arms about these spots being monopolized. By box armies. On Mangler. In Ring of Scale.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Cideral Lorekeeper

Wouldn't hurt now to have a megaconvert common option that gets rid of 9 commons at once.
    Andarriel and Barton like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is it still going to change the tab we are on, or are we still going to have to click back to the quest list? That is far more annoying than the confirmation box.
    Barton, Nenton, Moege and 3 others like this.
  7. Angahran Augur

Any update on a fix for the entire UI flashing when getting messages, or tradeskilling, or pretty much interacting with it in any way?

Any update on having a functioning converter ? Would be nice not to have to rebuild my UI from scratch.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As it seems that they have 5 windows converted (just added a new one with the test patch) the convertor is not going to be an issue for a while. There is no point trying to convert custom windows to the new UI if the base window has not yet been converted.
  9. Angahran Augur

Just seems weird they have this 'converter' but are apparently manually converting each window one by one.

At this rate, one window every few months, it's going to be 2029 before there is a complete 'new UI' available.
  10. bobokatt Augur

Did you REMOVE Directx 11 on TEST? Cause my Windows 7 now works again as of this morning on test.
    If you guys figured out how to get Windows 7 to work still using Directx 11, thank you!
    Skuz and Velisaris_MS like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The producers letter said direct x 11 was going live this month so that is unlikely. Most likely they just pushed new updates to fix what was broken.
    bobokatt likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The convertor isn't a tool for devs to convert the items, rather it is a tool that will be used by UI creators after everything is converted.

I think that they are going slow until they work out all or most of the issues then they can start converting windows in greater numbers.
  13. ForumBoss Augur

This is another extra click, please consider removing the tab change when starting overseer tasks. Or at least give an option to disable it. But this change along with true box removal on the late stage tlp's is fantastic.
  14. Cairbrae Developer

No, Both Test and Beta servers are currently running DirectX 11.
    You're welcome! and thank you all for testing and providing feedback on Windows 7 issues.
    Emilari, Kaenneth, Hobs and 4 others like this.
  15. Meeko Developer(Code)

My previous post regarding the window converter and its purpose and status still applies.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Cainen Augur

*** Progression Servers ***

- Randomized Old Man McKenzie loot on randomized loot servers.

I love this change, I do have some questions.

Does this mean randomed among themselves or random among a raid tier?

Will OMM Missions now have the drop multiplier?

Any chance we can get the OMM items to be tradeable on free trade servers(Pretty please?)

Love this patch, great changes all around.
  17. Pikollo Augur

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe it just means Nag and Vox will be randomed. I'd think adding it would give them an extra roll but not sure on that. But making the items tradeable would be nice.
    ForumBoss, Skuz and Keeden like this.
  18. Angahran Augur

Thank you, I hadn't seen that.

So, once the converter is fully operational, we should be able to feed our existing 'old' UI in one end and get a working new version out the other?

19. Linyla New Member

The Target of Target window does not fully lock.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Anecdotal, but others mentioned it as well. Beta felt snappy graphics wise.