Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Thatoneguy666 Elder

It'll end if Oakwynd has abysmal population numbers. Just don't play on this. Only recourse we have. They clearly don't listen to anything we have to say, only will listen to the financials
    Arothor, coltongrundy and Jasper Wiz like this.
  2. Mestik New Member

I say this as someone that does not sell loot rights as a personal stance, but anything that eliminates WTS Loot Rights you can assume is a deal breaker for DBG as I don't think "Let's make a decision that will get people to not buy Krono and gut our annual moneymaker" is gonna happen.
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

At least with the new updates, people that are willing to accept FTE would still have some reason to play there.

It seems to me the only people who would even be interested in starting a new tlp at classic would be the recyclers, and that group doesn't seem like they would be willing to accept FTE.

So I still think Oakwynd is going to flop.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If the player making the scrolls pays 200p for them from the merchant and charged 400p for them in the bazaar it means that 200p is leaving the server for each scroll made/sold. As they would likely need to buy the items to make the scrolls from a merchant there will be plat leaving the server.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

Looking at EQ2 PvP TLE coming out next week.
    I see a lot of positive threads.
    Resubbing, new to EQ2 thinking of TLP server, good vibes.
    PvP server, faction based PvP, its not Rallos Zek or close to Rallos rules.

EQ TLP,
    Oakwynd server
    for it to happen
    no server showup required
    no interest showup required
    no research or data required
    Now force fed this Oakwynd. Negatives, negative vibes. 112 pages of what?

Where's the data, wheres the research, where's the interest that was analyzed to make Oakwynd the TLP of 2023 for EQ????

Community driven EQ game? Yet they don't show their data of the conclusion they come from. Hmmm.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

Did you not read the entire second sentence? lmao. I translated what you said.
  7. Jimmy2times Elder

I’d like to thank DPG for coming up with this sever idea. Originally I was going to be pressed for time with the new TLP and Diablo 4, but now with the new server rules announcement I’ll just be on Diablo 4 and you have made my mind up for me. Thanks for doing the usual that I expect.
  8. Critt Augur

cool that they are making raid locks character instead of account based... I still think the amount of people that make alts on the same account will be less than people who make boxes that can be logged in at the same time... Now maybe if they let you log characters from the same account.....(seriously though are you really trying to lose all that extra sub money from people who make boxes instead of alts?) The business strategy here just kind of boggles the mind.

Heirloom gear... wasn't impressed with the heirloom system in other games and honestly free trade drives the economy better than no drop and heirloom.....I still don't see anything truly inspiring about this server that makes me want to test out FTE and lets face it that's your biggest hurtle ....getting more people into testing for you.
  9. Vindar Augur

Kind of nuts they won't even consider changing some of the bonuses, but especially the exp bonus. Who's going to bother leveling that many alts and then keep doing it every expansion? It's pretty ridiculous.
  10. Zansobar Augur

I think with them restricting it to the sole TLP server launching that will guarantee high enough numbers, at least initially, to test their new system.
  11. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

I was tired when I wrote that. :( I swear, I'm not that stupid lol.
  12. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Yeah. At least it will make their lives a little more difficult and for that I am happy.
  13. Balrigard Journeyman

Wishful thinking right here....
  14. Komodon Augur

Yeah, no doubt. I was just temporarily second guessing on where Daybreak's true underlying priorities might lie on this server before today's clarification that you can add people to encounter locks and still utilize the /yell feature to train.

Now i'm just confused to what the point of this FTE server really is if they weren't willing to make the necessary trade off player convenience sacrifices that would make it WAY less of the wild west crap show it's going to turn out to be. Because this certainly isn't going to result in less total petitions with those 2 features in.
    Ragnoruk likes this.
  15. Ohfuggle Elder

Long time TLP player, I spend at least $1k per TLP.

I be joining a lot of my friends from another, already large, guild and not participating in this server if the ruleset continues.

Its unfair to say I simply "won't" play without some feedback.

If you're doing the heirloom and essentially Lost Ark alt model for dungeons, you should incentivize open world by making it 3x loot.

FTE should be restricted to only the monsters with MoTM or you're simply asking to let players dream up other ways to grief.

Best of luck moving forward, will wait for the 25th anniversary. IDK why you couldn't just do another mischief.
    wade_watts likes this.
  16. wade_watts Augur

Exactly. Just give it up at this point. They doubled down on the ruleset, find something better to do or a company that produces what you want. This whole debacle has been enlightening. Vote with your wallet and move on.
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  17. swarws New Member

I don't understand the intent of this server.. Devs, do something interesting and make the gameplay FRESH and engaging.... Variable raid size, fresh challenges, unique gameplay, force us to think and be creative. FTE is not the play here.
    Thatoneguy666 and ElaidaTL like this.
  18. Arclyte Augur

Everything sounds good on the FAQ. The FTE may create problems bigger than what it's meant to solve, only time will tell. Hopefully devs will be ready to be flexible.

Normal, level-headed adults will enjoy the server. The children having a tantrum because they didn't get EXACTLY what they wanted will troll for a week or so and then get bored.
    Koniku, Sabra, Vindar and 1 other person like this.
  19. Laronk Augur

20. coltongrundy Augur

krono farmers that will be able to clear end expansion raids every night of the week.