Why did Bind Rush wake the sleeper?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Garner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Vicious EQ Elder

Players on Vaniki signed up for hard-mode EverQuest this year. Despite having suffered some of the most tilting setbacks and missteps in TLP history as you outlined due to some missing release/unlock information, the players still login and keep blasting content.

Every level-up and new loot make us feel so much more powerful, every boss kill at low levels more satisfying than any previous servers kill before it.

The players on Vaniki will be ready to absolutely smash a more traditional TLP next round after weight training for a year plus.

Only the strong will survive here my angry friend.
  2. Vicious EQ Elder

Correct. I would have thought someone brandishing a Township Rebellion guild signature would understand this logic.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not saying it doesn't happen but that short of a time isn't fair to say that no one was interested.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Understand that not everyone wants to or is able to jump on raids the moment they become accessible? You can be interested in doing content but not be able to do it right away when it is available.
  5. Triconix Augur

"Nobody raided ST for 3 days so that must mean nobody is interested" -Vicious

Sound logic, right there. Ever think that maybe people scheduled it for...I don't know...the weekend? I know it's difficult to understand that people may have other obligations - other servers, real life, etc - but use those few brain cells.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If guild leadership is tyrannical, perhaps it is time to leave the guild (join a rival guild) or not support these individuals in future endeavors?

It's a truebox server (for now). Membership can throw their political weight around. If dissenters can persuade others (use private channels), more power to them.
    Start likes this.
  7. Vicious EQ Elder

The previously mentioned guilds had scheduled raid nights between the known unlock date and the awakened dates. I checked with members of each guild to see if they planned to do the Sleeper's 1.0 DZs and both said they had other priorities.

How much more accommodating do we need to be? Its a temporary and unique once a server event. Obviously no other guild was serious about it at all.
  8. Garner New Member

Was a test to determine the dedicated players of the guild? Everyone knows VT opens 31 days after GoD. Look in the other post "Vex Thal still requires a key?" that I bumped from years ago.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not serious about it because they didn't adjust their schedule to raid it in 3 days. Sounds like excuses and justifications for waking the sleeper and denying an entire server the chance to experience that version of the zone. I mean you got what you wanted and that is all that matters right?
  10. Magician9001 Augur

Vaniki is probably the easiest server that ever existed.
  11. StrikeCity New Member

Prolly meant hardcore mode. Level 55 having every target for the taking across the wide # of expansions. Sounds like the players are signed up for the griiiiiind.. Gonna be full neckbeard mode.

Doing some stuff at 50 with no toys sounds rough
  12. Garner New Member

This for sure is the hardest server ever released. Just needs more competition. I wanna see bat phones and DPS races.
  13. Magician9001 Augur

It's a casual server for players who wanna claim to be Hardcore without actually having to be Hardcore.

EZ mode leveling.
    EZ mode Gearing.
    EZ mode spells.
  14. StrikeCity New Member

Don't think anyone is disagreeing with ya there. All three of those are easy mode. Time investment to kill 6-9 expansions seems to me to be the no-life part. Think I saw there were a couple good spot for casual players. Rusty Willsapper raids like what, twice a week and keeps roster small?
  15. Neuro Elder

It's fun though.
  16. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Vicious EQ is the reason why I don't tell anyone in my life about Everquest. He has a similar personality to a handful of players in a Yelinak guild, which I don't want to hear.

Vicious: "Hey guys. I just stole the Frenzy camp from a box crew who tried to train me. Their guild leader is sending me thousands of tells, but I'm totally owning them." Twenty minutes later... "I am trying to explain to them why my kill was justified." An additional twenty minutes passes. "He is threatening to report me." Mute!!!

Step 1) Awaken The Sleeper
    Step 1.5) Brag about it - Skip this step
    Step 2) Continue playing the game
  17. Garner New Member

How much for the SoD? I heard there was one left over? Is this true?

[IMG]
  18. Nakoda Lorekeeper

125kr ill sell ya one hit up blood in game
  19. RABKkehhalla Elder

Sounds like there's a lot of bad guilds over there with ignorant leadership , LOL
  20. Julliette New Member

Pettiness and vindictiveness have been a hallmark of ST since 2000. It should surprise no one that it got woken.
    Start likes this.