Why did Bind Rush wake the sleeper?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Garner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. WenLambo? New Member

Man, why are you dragging Resurgence into this? Is it because they are the top guild like Bind Rush and everyone piles on?
  2. Xhartor Augur

It make sense that would be awoken., Avatar procing weapons are easier to farm once the Sleeper has been awoken. Since you can farm Milas. No on the server is point in the content yet where these weapon aren't useful.

BoC, Hategiver, BBotE, and Bloodfrenzy are better aggro weapons then the SoD, and they are either farming those encounters, or close to it.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How does it make sense? There are some other items that drop in the pre awakening version of the zone that people will still want to have long after the avatar procing weapons are useless.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  4. Xhartor Augur

If your objective is pushing content. Salindrite Dagger, Sceptre of Destruction and Shroud of Longevity all valid upgrades and replacement in Luclin. The Mask of Tinkering is just an illusion clickie item(if you stick around for Undefoot you can get a replacement).

Those Avatar weapons will help push through to items that render them useless.

It's jerk move to other guilds on the server, but on a server like Vaniki it does make sense.
  5. Vicious EQ Elder

Avatar weapons are easier to get now for the entire server.

You're welcome.
    Start likes this.
  6. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Resurgence isn't the top guild on Yelinak. They have the most players, the most streamers, and probably the most raid splits, but Without Regret is the open world champion on the server. I like both guilds actually. Melody of Mischief is tilting towards hardcore. Stop Yelinak Us is siphoning players at an alarming rate. Victorem seems to want the mediumcore definition. Pillage and Plunder have a lot of really nice players. Chaotic seems to be just there. Lost in Progress is everywhere...nothing good or bad to say about them. Strix are all very nice. Dayraiders are also nice. Warm Bodies trains everyone everywhere.

Resurgence isn't going to survive Kunark. They're following the same path as a large Mischief guild once did. Will it be a split, three-way split, four-way split, or more? Who knows.
  7. Garner New Member

8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you can get those procs from the pre awaken version, it isn't like those raids are really challenging anymore. There are many more desirable items in the pre awakening version of the zone and this just sounds like an excuse to justify waking the sleeper and removing the drops from the server.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  9. Branntick Augur

The politics of one group of players controlling a mechanic that affects every other player on the server is one of the most nonsensical things still remaining in EQ.

Waking the sleeper to "prevent RMT" is just a bs excuse for a subset of EQ's playerbase to live out a power fantasy. The loot should simply always be acquirable, and it will naturally lose value. Anything else is just an excuse for some neckbeards to hold onto what small amount of power they can and run wild with it.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  10. jeskola pheerie

That's a different game you are describing, not EverQuest.
    Iyacc likes this.
  11. Vicus Augur

No, not at all. The core leadership of Rusty Willsappers have been together and around for years . They don't care about the drama and while I can't speak for others in our guild, I could care less about the sleepers. While all these open world push mobs are being killed, we are just focused on us and our guild. The challenge of the server is to try the highest level of difficulty raid bosses at the lowest level possible and to ensure we get all the achievements in era. We have achieved server first Greigs (we did him straight up, not the stun lock way) and Rumblecrush at 40. At 50 we got server first Yelinak achievement, server first XTC and High priest in SSRA. We have also killed MB, VZ, and TZ. Also throw the first two bosses of VT. (a bunch of other raid targets of easier value).

While all of us have done the DPS race and batphone thing from Live to TLP's, to me that is not the point of this server. Classic to Pop race was over the day they released the server. In 4 weeks Omens to PoR is out. Raids will be 54 man. There won't be open world stuff.

The dev's just put a perma 50% rare spawn increase on the server on top of the already in place double loot. Pushing hard content, winning, and getting 2x the loot makes the server a blast. I hope more people and more guilds form here. Heck with the bonus xp weekend coming today, it will only take you 2 days to get caught up before 55 is released on the 6th. Now is the best time to give the server a go. After playing this server I can 100% say I will not be going back to a normal slow release TLP anymore. Clearing an expansion 1-3 days after expansion release and then waiting 2-3 months for the next expansion is torture. Everyday on this server, between each unlock, you ALWAYS have something harder to try and their is no invisible wall. Even with the minor hiccup with VT unlock, I appreciate the devs making the server and adjusting it for the better as it progresses.

[IMG]
    Start likes this.
  12. Xeris Augur

Agreed with this. Can't stand sitting in classic/kunark EQ for 6, months ever again. Plus opening expansions early create a much more rewarding leveling experience. It was fun to have OPTIONS!

Same with guild activities. There's so much to raid and progress through, no guild is doing the exact same stuff, so it's not super competitive. Everyone's just enjoying the server playing their own way. It's the most refreshing TLP experience I've played on.

Finally, it's fast paced so I can experience later era content much faster and not have to grind hard on a TLP for 2 years before getting to newer stuff.
  13. nbkan New Member

14. Branntick Augur

That's not true at all. It's one very specific tiny blip of an era in EQ, of which has already been heavily modified to make things less neckbeardy.
  15. Xhartor Augur

However you can't sit a few groups just past the Master of The Guard and farm them all night in the pre-awaken version of the zone. Which can be done after he has been awaken. Pre-Awaken awaken you are dealing with 7 or 8 different raid mobs respawn timers.
  16. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Stop trying to make vaniki happen.
    Lineater likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure how that changes anything, you can keep making all the excuses you want for why you deprived the entire server of a chance to experience the pre awake version of the zone but it doesn't matter. Those weapons are not going to make the difference between a raiding guild beating or wiping to content and it just prevents people from getting the items that could drop in the original zone.

A guild went in and woke the sleeper that is fine but there is no need to keep making excuses as to why it is better for the entire server that it was woken the the server no longer has a chance at long term desirable drops.
  18. jeskola pheerie

You said

This is not the only loot in EQ that is not "always acquirable". There are many early game items like this available for a limited time on TLPs.
  19. shamansOG New Member

Being able to batphone and not have real life things going on such as jobs, etc doesn't mean you're the top guild on a server. I have friends in both guilds and I think Resurgence has won more RACES head to head over Without Regret. Resurgence doesn't batphone though. Doesn't mean they aren't at the top. Atleast my opinion.

The races are what really matter.

If Resurgence actually tracked ow targets on the regular, I don't think it would be close. They're just not a batphone guild.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

To be fair those early game items got pulled out of the game by the developers for various reasons mainly around balance and being considered broken while sleepers tomb is removed from the game based on players actions of awakening the sleeper.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.