Why did Bind Rush wake the sleeper?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Garner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Sad. So many unfilled socks.
    Stymie likes this.
  2. Xhartor Augur

That same argument could be applied to Mangler at the start, where most of the hardcore raiding crowd started on the Selo racing.
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

She is in game loooong before CoTF. Maybe LDoN, maybe earlier. The difficulty is amassing that much plat on a young server. 150 nobles at 105k each is just shy of 16 million plat. Then, of course, you only have 24 hours IF she has the item and IF you have 16m plat ready. For that.. it's better to just clear Brell's temple 5 or 6 times and get the alternate illusion.
  4. Aenoan Augur

They are called sleeper guilds; people have done Kunark to Velious a dozen + times. There is no advantage of being cutting-edge raid farming for gear that's replaceable. Not to mention you don't have the tight gear restrictions of yesteryears.
    So they'll just chill level grind / farm their krono and wait. When Velious does eventually unlock. We'll see how that goes.
  5. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

She was a TSS unlock on Mangler.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  6. Thalliius Augur

in 20+ years of playing Everquest, I've still never been able to do a pre-woke Sleeper run

However my life is not impacted by this in any measurable way
    Koshk likes this.
  7. Morfiend Highest Priest Morphiend

I'm kind of curious where your info even comes from.. Resurgence hasn't wiped on Vox, to be honest i don't think we have wiped on any Target we have gone after.. You don't sound like someone in the guild, and your name doesn't match..

We certainly don't "sit in our DZ's..." Yes we clear our DZ's every week.. in fact we clear them twice every week.. But "sitting in them" is a gross misrepresentation

We had a goal, clear all the content first, then efficiently clear our DZ's and watch Open world target's out of the corner of our eye.. The reality is, we don't care about OW that much.. if we see an opportunity, we may take it, we may not...

We have had some "races" with WR, we have won some, they have won some... its fun, but don't get yourself twisted thinking its really all that important. Resurgence isn't all that concerned with what anyone else outside our guild is doing, were playing the game our way, and enjoying every minute of it. I am certain WR feels the same way.
  8. Mynxx Journeyman

Getting the most (largely uncontested) OW kills doesn't make you the best guild on the server. If you got those OW kills server first, then you'd have an argument. That'd be like saying Rusty Rapiers is the best guild on the server simply because they have the most people.

Also, as mentioned in prior posts, combining OW kills from what is current "Without Regret" in addition to OW kills the now disbanded "Warquest" has, isn't really the same math.

Come back when you get server firsts in Kunark and I think your argument would be sustainable, for sure.
  9. Arctodus Elder

Who cares about server first with a 20+ year old game? All the strats and min/maxing are there at your finger tips. The only thing you are reliant on is time and players not afking.
    Stymie, Koshk and Timmyboi like this.
  10. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

C'mon bud. These people probably don't have jobs or better things to do than batphone 20 year old content on the 14th TLP server. If they wanna tout their "#1 rank" the least we could do is just let them think that.
    Stymie and Catalina like this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have one server first in almost 22 years. And if I could remember what it was for specifically, I would be very happy. Some quest that ended in FV on Bristlebane.

One of the best things about EQ is that you really aren't forced into a single path when you log in. Tradeskills, sending my occasionally sacrificial rogue off to farm collectibles, teasing Jafadaan, and sometimes even getting experience. These are some of my favorite things.

EQ is largely what you choose to make of it.
  12. Morfiend Highest Priest Morphiend

Who cares about throwing a football into an endzone, its been done thousands of times before for a hundred years...

Its about competition, its about beating the other guild on the server who is also trying to do it as fast as possible... By your logic, no sport would exist anywhere
    Rajaah and jeskola like this.
  13. jeskola pheerie

EverQuest e-sports, coming soon to your local Stadium
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  14. Panikker Elder

Who cares about the sleeper really. The loot will be better on a couple of expansions ...besides ..gnome mask are cool but I rather be a DE one or a lizard one lol ..in the end all servers with the exception of mischief and thorn will be regular live servers one day lol ..I bet if DB would do a gnome illusion item on the store selling for $100 it would sell lol ...
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

What if no other guilds are racing and care about ow and just want to enjoy the content at their own pace / skill level? If Tom Brady crashes a peewee football game knocks all the kids over and then brags about how awesome he is I doubt many people will care about how much touch downs he scored that game.

Especially if he pops the football so no one else can ever play football again and tells them soccer is better anyways.
  16. jeskola pheerie

This needs to be made into an SNL skit
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is loot from the zone that is sill desired by players just for the desire to have an item even if it isn't worth using it.
  18. Garner New Member

Now I see they woke Sol Ro up. Is there anything we can do to stop this?
  19. Garner New Member

20. Shemak Journeyman

Couldnt disagree more, this is the exact kind of stuff that made EQ what it was. The drama, the fluff, the rage, its all emotions and memories that lack from modern please all mmorpg. Having the possibiliy for palyers to be ***hole is part of the deal.

Killing mob that awaken a legendary dragon that change the zone forever, this is just awesome.