Start a TLP server in TSS xpac

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheAgenda, May 7, 2022.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    TheAgenda and Brildon like this.
  2. Xhartor Augur

I really like this idea. As it gets the players past a lot of the EQ growing pains.
    I also think TBS would be a much more enjoyable expansion if everyone didn't walk into the expansion with max AA's. On Mangler, the bulk of the player base had no need to exp grind in TBS, and little to do between Solteris raids.

These issues require some serious thoughts on how to handle:
    Server exp rate - TSS is when TLP's get the full live exp rate.
    Auto-grant: Should be avilable right away, or come in later?
    Defient armor: On fresh server with level 1, should be avilable, or introduced later when the bulk of the player base is max level?

I love the idea of later expansion start for TLP's, but have been generally annoyed that every time they do it, it's had some other reason that off putting to players:
    Selo: Was too fast of an unlock pace for most players.
    Miragul: The heroic start was too confusing for players that were familiar with that era of EQ.
    Vanki: Unlocks and attempting content under level isn't welcoming to casual players.
    Rajaah and TheAgenda like this.
  3. TheAgenda Augur

Server exp rate - TSS is when TLP's get the full live exp rate.

Seems reasonable enough to keep it at live rate

Auto-grant: Should be avilable right away, or come in later?

I’d say auto grant should kick in at TBS. Let people have fun starting from scratch, then implement the catch up mechanics for those that are late to the party

Defient armor: On fresh server with level 1, should be avilable, or introduced later when the bulk of the player base is max level?

Same as above.
  4. Rajaah Elder

Bump

Vaniki's GoD-start has been really interesting for seeing what's available at any given time. I'm all about doing something new in the level up path, and TSS has a more robust level up path situation than any other expac by a mile.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. TheAgenda Augur

You're doing the lord's work
  6. Rajaah Elder

I'd say autogrant should kick in around Underfoot. Give us a few expansions to go from scratch without feeling like we're wasting time/AAs because we'll get them automatically soon anyway.

Underfoot adds a ton of new AAs, and a ton of content beyond grinding EXP, and it's a part that struggles with player retention on some servers. Throwing autogrant in at that point would be a nice bone.

Also, as has been said, TBS will get so much more use when it's actually used as a leveling expansion instead of being largely ignored like it is on most TLPs. The whole TSS-TBS era will feel completely different from previous TLPs and I guarantee people will like them. They were two of my favorite expansions on live because I was still doing the leveling experience, yet on TLPs so far they've just been speed bumps / raid content for my already topped-out characters.
  7. Trevor Elder

it has less than 1000, and vaniki is more appealing than a tss server
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah, right.
  9. Trevor Elder

having less than 1000 at prime time is an objective fact

as for vaniki being more appealing than a tss server, I'll say that I was right about vaniki being less appealing than yelinak as well

so whether you're wrong or doubly wrong just depends on what you meant

ez
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nobody ever claimed Vaniki was going to be more popular than Yelinak, pretty much everyone looking forward to Vaniki 100% expected it to be lower pop so now you are just talking crap.
  11. TheAgenda Augur

12. TheAgenda Augur

I feel pretty confident dude's just been trolling this thread the whole time. I wouldn't waste your effort
  13. Trevor Elder

I don't think he is, but it's nice that he agrees with me now
  14. TheAgenda Augur

lol. TSS start FTW
  15. TheAgenda Augur

The dream will never die!
  16. TheAgenda Augur

I still think this is the dream server
  17. Arctodus Elder

Other then those who profit from new TLPs, I feel the majority of the nostalgia players prefer less bloat. Content is great but having 8 bars of abilities, spells, macros, etc. is not very appetizing. If they would hurry with the UI improvements and hopefully they look into improving the UX, I could be behind this 100%. Playing on a few different live servers are not very fun at lower levels.
  18. Dewd Master

Ok, but you realize that TSS is no where close to a live servers bloat in terms of bars of abilities and the other things you listed, right?
    Xhartor and Timmyboi like this.
  19. Rcbauer Augur

agree with this.

Kronoboys went to yelinak because that's where the bads go.
  20. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Yep people who are bad at the game but have money for p2w go to the classic start servers to chase the nostalgia dragon and feed the kronobois.