Start a TLP server in TSS xpac

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheAgenda, May 7, 2022.

1. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Honestly they could replace Vaniki with a bare-bones TSS start server with relaxed truebox and nothing else and it would probably outperform or at least equal the population of Yelinak.
    Rajaah and Skuz like this.
  2. Chikkin Augur

It's gaining steam and growing on me.

[IMG]
    Yinla and TheAgenda like this.
  3. TheAgenda Augur

It just makes sense!
  4. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Gaining steam with prospective players, but unfortunately it's a phinny clone and another "We have no concept of how this game is played or enjoyed by our customers so we're just going to try some random sh$#t and hope it works server" for us.

mischief is the exact same, they just happened to stumble upon something that casuals can really enjoy and look at that, it's a huge success. A broken clock is right twice a day, etc.
    TheAgenda likes this.
  5. TheAgenda Augur

#NeverForget
  6. Shakara Augur

Okay this is pretty off TSS is in quite one of the best looking xpacs to date. There is actually a wide variety of zones more than classic. I mean in classic people go to the same 6 zones every time. Only thing right here is about the loot but that's not really a big deal gameplay wise. The raids are miles better as well. The only reason to like classic more is its simple. people who do not like complexity might not like TSS.
    Chikkin and TheAgenda like this.
  7. Chikkin Augur

I'll cosign, and add in "people who do not like change from what they already know".
  8. TheAgenda Augur

That's a lot of TLP recyclers. Possibly most.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

TSS anything beyond PoP.

Although not liking stuff after PoP is more than just complexity in Raids.

LDoN made Norrath feel emptier after it heralded Instancing.

SoD made EQ feel more on-rails & it's progression system was embedded into all the expansions which followed it.

I can sort of see where some players are coming from that don't like the game after PoP, but there is still a lot of entertainment value in what EQ became after that.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'd suggest something like:

40 - 2 Weeks
    50 - 6 weeks
    60 - 8 weeks
    65 - 12 weeks
    70 - 12 weeks
    75 - 12 weeks

12/8 regular TLP cadence after that.

Truebox - relaxed in OoW, Off in TBS

Loot - the boosted drop rate being used for Vaniki maybe?
    If not then I would like to see raid currency retrofitted to earlier expansions.
    I would like to see group currencies get a mutiplier like raid currencies get (LDoN Points, DoN Crystals, Marks of Valor etc.)
  11. TheAgenda Augur

I personally enjoy the Partisan/Merc/Hero system. I like that I can take a break for a year or two and come back to find that EQ is still EQ. It can already be overwhelming to those that return and see lots of changes. I don't think we need to compound that issue by changing the whole progression system unless it's something more simplified. But if we do that, again we get a different game that isn't EQ. So thats its own conundrum.

Also with regard to your idea, here's what I think it should be

40 - 3 Weeks
    50 - 3 weeks
    60 - 3 weeks
    65 - 3 weeks
    70 - 4 weeks
    75 - 8 weeks

12/8 regular TLP cadence after that.

Relaxed truebox from the start. Agree off in TBS
  12. verbatim Elder

We are on 2021 TLPs, about to launch on 2022 tlps, making threads about 2023 tlps. This has to be peak forumquest.
    Chikkin likes this.
  13. TheAgenda Augur

I did the 2017 TLP and the 2020 TLP. That was enough classic/early content for me. I also play live. So I'd personally like to do the TSS+ content, but I'd like to do it without the 70s era + new announced TLP wrecking the server population.
    Skuz and Rajaah like this.
  14. TheAgenda Augur

Stone Hive was a beauty of a zone
    Skuz, code-zero and Rajaah like this.
  15. Rajaah Elder

This. TSS is full of 1-70 content that hardly anyone uses. On TLPs it's basically just the 70-75 raids and that's it.

t'd be like a brand new game for a lot of people. One of my favorite expansions, and Sunderock Springs might be my actual favorite zone. I'd love to see a wave of people get to experience all of this "in era" and level up in those zones.

A level-unlock server like Vaniki would make it particularly fun since people could level up in TSS zones and then raid the older content as they make their way up. All kinds of strategies guilds could employ.

Most of all, a lot of new people would get to experience the best raid era in the game IMO: TSS through House of Thule or so. Usually on TLPs this doesn't happen because the endless level 70 era saps the playerbase's will to continue and by the time TSS arrives the server is depleted.
  16. Rajaah Elder

Regarding TSS not being nice to look at or brown or whatever, I'm wondering if the people posting that have only seen Goru'Kar Mesa. It's brown and ugly...but also kinda nice in its own Barrens sort of way. Maybe Direwind Cliffs is also on the ugly side, but it's supposed to be, it's basically the gates of Mordor.

The rest of TSS is full of gorgeous zones. Stonehive is full of colors, Blackfeather Roost is unique, Blightfire Moors has this misty/rainy aesthetic, and then you've got the snowy zones, the lava-filled mountain fortress, and the grand canyon. Even the mines zone has a green lichen sheen on everything.

Artistically, TSS is awesome.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

100% agree
  18. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Start it at TSS, and leave it alone for six months. There's a lot to do between Classic-TSS.
  19. TheAgenda Augur

Gonna have to disagree here (about the time, not the amount to do). Left alone too long (5-6 months) people get bored. Too short (1-2 months) people get burnt out. 3-4 months I think is the Goldilocks zone where people will be most likely to stay engaged
    Chikkin and Skuz like this.
  20. Chopsuey Augur

Yeah, 6 months of TSS raids when no weapons drop in TSS raids (wtf don't weapons drop in TSS raids) will get people annoyed. Bring out TBS in about 3-4 months for the juicy Solteris weapon pinata. Get em hooked. People that haven't done the 75 era raids are missing out and I think they will have a fun time. Frost Crypt, Ashengate and Solteris combine to be 3 really good raids imo.

And that's just the raids. Tons of solo/group content to do with aug quests. Charm of lore etc. TSS is a banger.
    Thatoneguy666, Skuz and TheAgenda like this.