Cya Everquest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gormgeous Elder

Actually and specifically is what I said. Key broadcasting can easily be used to violate the policy.

Deflection again. Just because you can do it without the tool doesn't mean it isn't in violation. By that same logic, I can automate a cleric to heal my group using software since if I can do it manually, it isn't a violation.

Also, ISB would allow me to do this in places your single 120 can't. Before you say well I'll get more people, don't. You'll just be describing a raid and it isn't a violation because its a bunch of people.
  2. Cadira Augur

No, it's not. ISB in and of itself is not responsible for You violating a policy. It can be used in the violation of policy but it is not the violator. Just in the same way I can violate policy without ISB.

A car can be used to run people over and kill them. Should we ban cars?

Isb offers no such way to automate. Automation is violating eq's policy. Not a valid comparison.

So a bunch of real people running into a zone and camping on top of everyone with specific goals within that zone isn't the same policy violation as one person doing it with ISB? (Which as you know is something that doesn't happen). I mean, maybe it's a different policy all together (The whole play nice thing) but same affect.

You keep using the word deflection to try and salvage a failed argument on your end. ISB does not allow anyone to do anything within the game that is not intended. I can't have super powers, see things on the map I'm not supposed to, etc like with another program. A program that legitimately hacks the games code to achieve all of it's features.

No one has ever or would ever use ISB to monopolize an area so it's a moot point.
  3. Gormgeous Elder

I am very pro ISB. I think it should be allowed everywhere and explicitly stated so. My issue is that the current policy can be used to define ISB as in violation and will result in suspensions and bans if they want.

Your replies don't really refute my statements above. And your last point is blatantly false.
  4. Sarrona Journeyman

Current MQWhatever does what a normal player can do in game. It doesn't give superpowers as you claim. Similar to ISB. Your claim that ISB does not allow for people to do something that a normal player couldnt do is false. Just because you dont know how to use it to its full potential, don't claim it doesn't. Moveover I personal dont care if people use ISB, MQWhatever or anything else as long as they arnt bothers others. BTW, by bothering others I dont mean peoples feeling getting hurt but rather stealing camps/named etc.
    Imforfreedom likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is cognitive dissonance at its finest.

If you really believe this, I have a bridge to sell you in Alaska.
    Herodotus, Cadira and Khat_Nip like this.
  6. Tappin Augur

They have been actively trying to file this game for the last year now. Seems like that leaked email was true after all.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

This thread is just a pile of hot stupid garbage.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Cheat at your own risk. I have no sympathy.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Please enlighten us. File? Leaked email?
    Svann2 likes this.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

Hasta la vista, baby. You'll be back ! :cool:

Wdor, Burdi and Nennius like this.
  10. Angahran Augur

So, you're saying that someone using key broadcasting on 2 characters would be a violation, but what about an ambidextrous person using 2 separate PCs to do exactly the same thing ?
    Are ambidextrous people against the EULA ?
    How about people with fast reflexes ? Don't they have an unfair advantage ?

ISB still requires you to be physically at the keyboard and pressing buttons.

People who equate IAB with those other programs that allow 24/7/365 completely unsupervised automation are simply unwilling to admit that they are cheating.
    Go Take A Nap, Raccoo and Cadira like this.
  11. Cadira Augur

So it doesn't:
    1. Let you see where everyone/thing is on the map? (It does)
    2. Let you install plugins to warp all around zone/world? (It does)
    3. Auto complete your /overseers while you sleep/afk? (It does)
    4. Auto eat/drink when needed to avoid any chance of consuming stat food? (It does)
    5. Play your toons for you and react to specific situations at inhuman speeds? (It does)
    6. Instantly accept rezzes? (It does)
    What the F do you call all that? Cause I sure as hell can't do any of that.
    Wdor, Vumad and Khat_Nip like this.
  12. Tappin Augur

When is the last time you looked and something you filed or archived? That's exactly what I mean.
  13. Tygart Lorekeeper

Unlike most of the forum posters, I actually believe you and good on you for breaking the habit.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Once again this is over my head. I don't look for stuff I filed or archived because I don't know how to file or archive. But that's ok cause I rock with IMGUR and posting pictures here which some folks find impossible.

We all have our talents. I will do some google and see if I can figure it out.
    Wdor likes this.
  15. Elemental Augur

Almost up to 6,000 views and counting. Everquest enjoy the environment that you created, I'm just no longer going to contribute any additional funds toward this. When one of the last people who cares about a healthy population on Zek decides to walk away, you'll soon see a trickle effect and a dead server. You want us to just Accept the fact that Everquest dedicates a majority of their resources on their progression services each year while neglecting their already existing servers. As I stated earlier, Zek hasn't seen a patch focused on them since 2007....

Its a joke, everyone on the non pvp servers knows how much of a joke pvp in everquest has become due to lack of any type of corrective action from any of the developers. Prior to us, the last big guild quit Zek due to inability to AoE in raids on a pvp server in an instance. By the time Everquest took corrective action it was too late. Everquest has a habit of addressing issues beyond the point of being able to fix them and this is just another example. Since you all decided to suspend half our server nobody has logged in at all. This server is a ghost town even more so than before when people could somewhat play on this dead server by boxing their own groups. Now, you removed that ability from a lot of other players who want to play this game when they log in, rather than wait around for a group to form up.

Regardless it is what it is. I don't agree with people warping all over the place (this doesn't happen because warping would get you instantly banned). I don't care if people automate their overseer?(Overseer takes less than a minute to do when you only pick 1 champion). I also could care less about if people have something to click their food(Really? maybe eq should just build this into the game). Really this game has been around for 23 years now, its not attracting any new players to this game. Why and how does someone having an auto clicker on their food really impact another player? It really doesn't. Tradeskills are already automatic when you hit the combine all button so not sure also where this is coming from. Either way the opinion coming from the guy above isn't even someone who is lvl 120, part of a raiding guild at lvl 115 which means they aren't actively subbed or even purchased the most recent expansion. These are the players you want to listen to over someone who had purchased 9+ expansions with 9 actively subbed accounts?

Mercenaries were introduced years ago to combat the lack of popularity EQ had seen over the last 10-20 years but what has been done to improve these mercenaries? We have....Illusions we can put on them and AA's but we still have only the same classes that where introduced years upon years ago. Does this mean that EQ is content with how the mercenaries rolled out? They are perfect no need to improve upon the system.

Here's something fun to watch from the original Magician who discovered, created, and perfected mage beams back at lvl 100 that caused the big AOE nerf. Enjoy

Go Take A Nap and Imforfreedom like this.
  16. Gormgeous Elder

I just saw someone say they can't think of a single part of ISB that could be used to do something against the ToS and supplied a way.

I am not equating ISB to automation software. I simply said the logic of 'if I can do it manually then it isn't a violation if I use software to do it' can be applied elsewhere and doesn't work. I quit arguing with the previous person cause they kept switching the context about what we were talking.

I am a huge fan of ISB. A feature like the ini profiles should be included by default in EQ. The viewports are amazing. ISB is a great middle ground to do 2-6 characters as evidenced with videos linked on these forums.
  17. Tucoh Augur

EverQuest confirmed banned software.

It's amazing how afraid DPG is to publish a real definition of what is cheating and what isn't. Instead we get the same ambiguous guidelines that are obviously un-enforced. Glad they're doing something about cheating even without a real ruleset.
    Gormgeous, yukan and Skrab like this.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Accendo nuked my thread suggesting they publicize number of accounts suspended or be more public with their enforcement. DPG’s philosophy towards its so strange. Being more public with enforcing rules makes it much easier on the GMs.
    MasterMagnus and yukan like this.
  19. MacDubh TABLES!!!

That wouldn't be good for business. I think if people knew the actual numbers they would be shocked, but without any data that is just my opinion.

There needs to be a DPG driven method for character automation so they can keep this under control and crack down on the real bad actors here. I know the "cheater is a cheater" argument, but the difference between someone who minds their own business vs. the reported bot groups camping areas 24/7 and warping all over the place is something that should be considered. If there was a viable alternative that was "legal" there could be a firmer stance on what isn't.

I know people will say that you can use I S Boxer as an alterative, and I have in the past but boxing this way similar to alt-tabbing means you need to be very strong at multi tasking and being able to perform a lot of actions per minute which isn't for everyone. The people who can 6 box current group missions with I S Boxer are exceptional players, I would not consider it to be something the general population of EQ can do.

If you look at the core functionality of what the dreaded 3rd party program achieves it is similar in my mind to FF12, you control a main character and you can set parameters for your group to perform certain actions when certain things happen. 99% of the time this is less efficient than a real player so outside of not having to LFG the character automation portion of the program doesn't provide an advantage. There is certainly other functionality you can add that will give you an unfair advantage and I think that is where a DPG run add on could only include the functions they see as suitable for the good of the game.

The alternatives are:
    • Keep the pace of suspensions which will eventually cause players to quit which will lead to loss of revenue
    • Take a hardline stance and ban anyone using which will cause massive disruption to revenue
    • Do nothing
    The people who are sitting there saying "ban them all, it won't make a difference and will bring back players" in my mind are very naive. This isn't a FPS game where a handful of people are using wall hacks and making the game not fun for everyone and killing the online community. This is a 22-23 year old game that has had 3rd party programs in development and use for most of that time to the point where it is one of the biggest active contributors to the community.
    For better or worse the state of where we are today didn't happen overnight, and we are all part of the same community.
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s not slowing down FF14’s meteoric rise.
    Wdor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.