Cya Everquest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flatchy Court Jester

5 mins after the original post? Which one of your mythical 9 accounts did you use to post this rebuttal with?
    Wdor and Raccoo like this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

You do realize that if this trend continues DPG could face financial loss. Without people willing to spend $2k+ a year to play, and a significant amount of people at that, that is a huge loss of revenue. EQ would shrink to about 4-5 active servers, and your problem with finding groups would still be an issue.

Just putting that out there.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

Had a person I know that hasn't logged on in over a month get hit (hint, guild window shows when they last logged on). So yes, they are suspending/banning retroactively.
    Fenthen and Janakin like this.
  4. Elemental Augur

Everquest wants to kill their own game so be it. Their employees are the ones who will suffer with less revenue coming in, less money to spend on raises and lets employees they can afford to hire. Which means more work for their already existing empyees. I pay a lot of money to play on a server that isn't represented any bit by the everquest team. Now you want to try and police our server when we have been policing it ourself for years. Every patch that is implemented ruins pvp just that much more and we are supposed to pay for this type of service?
  5. Ythera Augur

I’m starting a subscription on an account for each that gets canceled, so it balances out.
    Wdor and Raccoo like this.
  6. Zilkress Journeyman

im happy you have the money for that!. You may want to contact DPG directly and just invest. probably cheaper and gets you a return on your profit instead of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars a year if not more on subs that you are not playing.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

I hope you won the lotto so you can cover the bill.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Pops Racer Olde Faht

Not trying to troll, but an honest question.

If you have 9 accounts, why are you paying full price of $14.99 when you could be paying $9.99?
    You'd save 900 bucks a year.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I thought that was odd to. I can't imagine any multiboxer paying single month rate for a whole year.
    Wdor likes this.
  10. Janakin Augur

Not 100% true. They suspended two of my accounts that I have not even logged into since January. I stopped using I.S.B. and uninstalled it off my system and still have gotten random suspensions on accounts that have not used that 3rd party software since January.
  11. Bernel Augur

I'm not super familiar with the guild window, but I thought it only showed when that character last logged in, not when the account logged in. If they play on characters that aren't on the guild roster, I don't think that would be reflected in the guild window. That may be what happened here.
    Wdor and Ozon like this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

So has anybody had the same account suspended multiple times for the same crime?
    Maybe they aren't checking if 2 different accounts have the same owner, when they put the accounts in the "suspend in the future"-list.
  13. Janakin Augur

Are you in a high level raiding guild? Using I.S.B. is what put me on their list back in January and I was only playing 6 but was at that time guilded in a raiding guild.

Also, playing 12 characters and doing things that are not possible with less boxes is technically cheating according to their new rules. I would say a camp is an area and using I.S.B. to monopolize that camp is to them considered cheating.

"Software that assists in allowing a few or less people to monopolize an area is not allowed."
  14. Janakin Augur

I think that is exactly what they are doing.

I had 4 accounts suspended in January. I stopped using I.S.B. and uninstalled it from system. Then in February I got 2 different accounts suspended for 7 days and I petitioned and asked why and got no answer. Now just yesterday they suspended another 2 of my accounts and I have not even logged them in to play since January. They were both silver accounts that I do not play so the 7 day means nothing to me except it tells me they really are doing this willy-nilly style.
    Fenthen and Jumbur like this.
  15. Angahran Augur

[IMG]
    Allayna, Fenthen, Beimeith and 4 others like this.
  16. Janakin Augur

From my experience, if someone petitions you and you are using I.S.B. they will assume it is something else and suspend first and not even ask questions later.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Janakin Augur

That is good to know. I really enjoyed using I.S.B. to play and had some very creative ways to use it with "multi-bind in-game key-mapping" and "in-game macros."

I cannot tell you how many times I was accused of using something else. I still think I will just play lower level characters one at a time though instead of risking someone petitioning them again for using it. At least until I am ever confident it is safe for me to use it.
  18. eqgamer Augur

I play 18 toons between two servers. Have played 6 of them on one server since Kunark. Am I unable to do some things because I cannot use 3rd party programs? Yes. Sadly. BUT, I am ok with that if it means I don't risk losing my toons.
    Wdor likes this.
  19. Angahran Augur

Does anyone have the link to the post by Absor (I think) where he gave his personal "dummies guide to is it cheating" ?

He said things like, swimming into a corner isn't cheating. Standing around /melodying is not cheating. Using log parsers/GINA/editing maps using notepad is not cheating, etc. Hacking the data between the client and the server and doing things the client does not do IS cheating, etc.
  20. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I would be interested to know the real numbers of boxers using that which shall not be named, vs total player base. For the dozen or so very vocal opposition I know of the same amount of people who box 52 man raids.

And to save any internet sluths from noticing this is a first time post for this account yeah I got a couple accounts banned. I work full time and am a father of 2 young children, I get about 3-4 hours one night a week to play this 22 year old game with a highschool buddy of mine and the end game gets a bit frantic trying to alt-tab 3 accounts. It's the way I enjoy playing, I don't bother anyone and only play in instances or empty zones. Not trying to make excuses either I knew the risk and am fine with a vacation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.