Cya Everquest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Poorly made. Blowing smoke just makes you look foolish. You don't have to stretch the truth to make a valid point.
    Cheyana, Celephane and Act of Valor like this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It’s a game forum. No one is running for political office. These cheaters have a childish mentality. Do you want to defend them now?
  3. Mescar Lorekeeper

I had an account suspended today as well. No priors, no software, but yet got the 7 days for cheating. Waiting on reply from ticket, but would like to know what I did so I don't do it again. I normally 2 box with 2 computers. So not bypassing the Truebox rules. I will admit there may be times I will park to the side and go get a drink or bathroom break. But I am in a safe spot with no mobs around.
  4. Kindertime Journeyman

There it is. Patience is a virtue.
  5. dwish Augur

Same. Canceling all 37.5 of my accounts. If I can't cheat and play a MMORPG completely solo with my bot army, no reason to play.
    Wdor, Chikkin, Axxius and 7 others like this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That was a long time ago and, let's be honest, the anti-cheat measures have gotten a LOT better. Datalogging is actually a thing now. Software seems pretty well-tuned. Many I have long suspected of cheating got caught in this latest wave.

Cheaters take notice - your days are numbered.
    Wdor, Skuz and minimind like this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Have you grouped with anyone else who cheats? Might want to check your back yard.
    Wdor and minimind like this.
  8. Elvenphox Lorekeeper

Sorry to see you go. There's a lot of soulless white knights out there celebrating your departure, but there are plenty of people out there who empathize with your position. Thanks for whatever contribution you brought to the game.
    Random Healer likes this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

10. Sythrak20 Elder

I'm fine with them enforcing the rules. It's their game they can do whatever they want. However, when you unofficially advertise Rizlona as the boxing server, allow activation of 2 well known third party programs to be used when they weren't on any other tlp at the start of the server, you need to just come out and say now that they aren't allowed so we can cancel our accounts and move on.

This seems to be some test of some automated ban system, as it's suspending 1 account of many who box several characters. I suspect it'll probably get more refined as time goes on.
  11. Galactron Journeyman

I run 6 boxes and have been banned once for unattended macroing last year and I deserved it. I tried to appeal anyway and told the lead GM exactly what software I use I didnt hide a thing. If redacted software is now banable tell me know so I can just cancel my 6 accounts. I play on Rizlona because this was a boxing server and alot of us use redacted software and DG KNOWS this it isnt a big surprise. There are alot of older players with families that can afford the accounts but not the grind to find groups. DG is destroying their own source of income. I can't even type redactive softwares name way to go crapping on the First Admendant. This is the childish equivelent of not saying LORD VOLDERMORT.
    pickmepickme likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just cause I like to see the total perspective of things:

An entry level hourly wage of mmo dev in San Diego is 80k and up per year. So that breaks down to about $1500 every week. On the low side. Plus benefits. So 1,933 is kinda a drop in the bucket to them.

And one never cancels EQ - one just stops paying but can still play free.

Not arguing - just looking at all sides. Tons of players were suspended again today and there does not seem to be much consistency with the criteria for getting suspension.
  13. Creative Sparks Quiet One

hearing that Corsair and Razer mouse / keyboards setting it off as well
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Zish Elder

Hi. Big fan.

Just wanted to let you know I logged in just so I could laugh at you. I mean this.

Tootles.
    Wdor, Arkanny, Ozon and 1 other person like this.
  15. Creative Sparks Quiet One

I really don't think the game would survive for very long if "cheaters" where all removed there are people claiming they didnt use the big box cheats so most likely having the odd stuff getting put in the A.C. on "accident"
  16. Whulfgar Augur

All good tomorrow when I get home. I'll simply add more accounts to cover all of zek losses..

Kick rocks and don't let the door hitchya where the good lord splitcha
    Wdor likes this.
  17. coltongrundy Augur

That's actually not true. Their cheat detection is terrible. They will not ban the actual cheaters who are assisting them with their krono money laundering, but their automated banning system has a huge false positive error ratio. By banning randos who don't cheat, they will make noise on the forums and discord to make it public that people are being banned for "cheating" to make suckers like you think that they are banning cheaters, while the actual cheaters are free to continue assisting DBG's money laundering schemes.

This is all just to create the false impression that cheaters are being banned so they don't actually have to ban the cheaters and can still claim that they are doing something about it.
    Fenthen and pickmepickme like this.
  18. mark Augur

funny thing i have 12 boxed with isoboxer and never been banned or suspended maybe because i play different classes and dont charm and definitly i dont bot and i am never afk killing because i dont use eany scripts just hotkeys.
    Wdor, Raccoo, Svann2 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Maedhros High King

This is not an airport, no need to announce your departure.
    Still waiting for that paladin swarm video that isn't just a huge pull in GD that breaks mobs ability to swing because of massive zone lag.
  20. kyong Augur

Echoing what others have said, would rather subscribe to a game where the company running it maintains the integrity of the game, even if it's been too long coming.
    Wdor and Fenthen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.