Please rethink this new TLP Daybreak Team...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicious EQ, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Being 100% Truthfully honest as a Teenager in the 80's the songs I hated back then I still hate, the ones I loved are just cherished now, a few of the songs I was indifferent about I have grown to enjoy though.
    For me the 80's was all about discovering Thrash Metal after only having heard mainstream rock beforehand but I didn't hate all the pop/punk/reggae/ska doing the rounds back then either.

Only music act I can say hand on heart I hate 100% of their output is Scooter
    Lawyer likes this.
  2. Mercanyin Augur

@Skuz
    GOD @ release.
    Only evil races can guild with evil races, good races with good races and neutral races have to pick a side via quest.
  3. Pappasalt Augur

EQ2?
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's probably only of any value as part of a 3-sided player-faction based PvP RvRvR server.
  5. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I present to Daybreak exhibit A: Pappsalt says that he will not be leaving Mischief's Free Trade Handout server anytime soon, YET he is having more fun with Lost Ark, the definition of a long grind, and Elden Ring, a challenging game. If "this game is a walk in the park," then the defendant should want a more challenging server!

Forum members of the jury, I ask that you convict Pappasalt of hypocrisy and force him to admit that Mishchief's easy difficulty is boring!
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Except he's on Thornblade, so premise denied!
  7. Pappasalt Augur

I would like to request Fippy to take the stand!

The entire early era of this game is easy/boring lol. Why I've stated many times I enjoy the Sof-HoT area of the game. I've said multiple times also, perhaps not on a forum but in my discord, that the increased loot of mischief/thornblade does not belong on a 3 month release server..it was much better suited for something like Selo speed instead of the useless half lockouts.

Challenge =/= Tedium
  8. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

When does the game become challenging? I have only ever made it to GoD, but I never actually raided in GoD. I was always behind the current expansion, so I only really experienced PoP raids.
  9. Zansobar Augur

What purpose does this serve? I mean it takes under a week to hit 50 even with zero gear in Classic, why would someone think it was fun to be locked like that for so long? If it's to have situations where people attempt to do higher level content at a lower level then just lock the level to max of 40 for a level 50 expansion and level 50 for the level 60 expansions etc.
  10. Pappasalt Augur

I mean that's heavily opinionated but as time goes on more and more mechanics come into play moreso than just DT or Fear, etc. I myself found Underfoot the most challenging but imo mechanics start to become more noticeable in LDoN and especially moreso in GoD. Then when you're stepping up to DoDH you'll find another tier up then again in TSS/TBS.

But again in terms of difficulty, it's opinionated, but as time goes on more and more is added.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Pappasalt Augur

And I'm still waiting on a level locked server...all expansions but level locked.

Very simple for them to do honestly.
  12. Vicious EQ Elder

Honestly a better option than a GoD locked server. Then we could use mercs at lvl 1 that would be a ton of fun to explore all those new areas of the game that I've never seen with friends. Something that is hard to convince friends to do and adhere to without a forced ruleset to govern players from cheating the self-imposed rules..
  13. Pappasalt Augur

Yup, all the quality of life improvements over the years day one...zones never seen hardly cuz by the time you hit them in tlps you aren't really leveling much again. And literally all it would take is them changing the max level every 3-6 months allowing you to do new raids etc. I swear this company hates money sometimes lol.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Gives the long unlock / "Casuals" time to keep up.
  15. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Was Selo's server rule set well received? Were the four week unlocks too slow or too quick? I thought that four weeks in Classic on Mischief was perfect, but two months of Kunark on Mischief was too long.
  16. Pappasalt Augur

Speed wasn't really a huge issue, moreso the loot/gear was.

The half lockout thing they push on bonuses is silly when you think about it. 3.5 days on most doesn't really help casual guilds on doing more content...if you raid at 8pm then the unlock is hitting at 8am etc. So the keeping up with gear and beating things minimally geared was the real challenge imo...this type of loot on selo would have been amazing.

How was it received? Not well as most that focus on going past PoP lol. I mean it started in Luclin which chased a lot away...then people thought it was too "hardcore" when it was one of the easiest servers to level on and keep up on aa's and such...just not gear. So I'd say it was one of the lesser favored servers, I loved it however because it enabled me to see the entirity or most of the entirity of EQ without having to dedicated almost a decade of my life on a server.

People enjoy what they enjoy but it truly is a shame people don't experience more of EQ later on...the PoP era is what it is but the game only gets better as time goes on with quality of life and content and all.
  17. Vindar Augur

No idea what you are talking about, Selo was very well received. Could see such a dual release doing well again if they do another boring Phinny clone, I'd definitely play something similar to Selo. Though I'd prefer something more like 6-8 week unlocks.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Vicious EQ Elder

Really good conversations here.

Keep it up boys. Get those GoD launch jitters all out of your system!
  19. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

We didn't start the forum fire
    It was always burning, since Vicious' words have been turning
    We didn't start the five page fire
    No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  20. EQEnzo New Member

GoD is one of my fave expansions, I'd love a TLP starting here. Please, no expansions longer than 8 weeks- I'm dreading the upcoming five months we'll spend raiding anguish on mischief. 4 weeks for non-level increase expansions, 6 weeks if there's a level cap increase! <3
    ForumBoss likes this.