Please rethink this new TLP Daybreak Team...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicious EQ, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Vicious EQ Elder

I've not bought a Krono in my life from the DaybBreak store. But I won't ignore it as a sound way to store ingame wealth long term either if its an option. To ignore it would be to let everyone else manipulate you into poverty. I don't believe in it enough to sacrifice all by myself to try and make that point...you have some idea that if I did it might make a difference. I'm nothing though, a peon in the ingame Krono farm game. If Daybreak released the top 500 Krono holders across the game, I wouldn't even register on the list. One person ignoring Krono to try and make a point that its toxic is a fools errand. It has to come from Daybreak to change.

Striving for a strong ingame income is part of any MMO, no matter the currency available.. Any guild worth their salt has made itself and their players wealthy ingame to last them for multiple servers to come.

Is that fair though, that our wealth from one can transfer to another?

Its fair if its available to everyone, which it is....but its against the spirit of the "fresh start" that we all crave so much. It poison's it from day one. Daybreak, in spite of their inspiring mission statement, won't ever let Krono go...not for a single server. If everyone's Krono was gone tomorrow and only non-transferable plat was left in their place, I wouldn't shed a tear.
    Hirbow likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Just stay in mischief then? You claim you don't care about krono and don't see a point in moving to a new server with worse loot rules, worse characters already progressed and the same era... So... Don't?
  3. Gnothappening Augur

This does not mean what you think it means
  4. James Augur

So, they have not actually announced a new tlp then lol
    Punchu likes this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

You've been around way too long to post something this dumb, even if it is rhetorical.
    Sendori, Xhartor and code-zero like this.
  6. Pappasalt Augur

Thank you for the catch of my typo. It has been corrected.
  7. Lawyer Augur

Yes, let's take the expansion that lost the most EQ players historically and use that as our starting point. Because we hate money!
    Crabman likes this.
  8. James Augur

Has some announcement actually been made?
  9. Elite_raider Augur

They normally have a dud TLP server set release after a success, if they are doing that this cycle though, I do not know.
  10. Punchu Augur

Nope lol.
  11. James Augur

well lol if they have not announced anything then why is everyone crying on the forums? lol
    Punchu likes this.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Someone heard a rumor on twitch :rolleyes:
  13. Triconix Augur

You realize EQ had a higher population in GOD/OOW than at any point during Classic-Velious? You do also realize that GOD now is much different than the GOD of yesteryear? Many people quite enjoy GOD after being so afraid to play in it.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If you have read the roadmap you would have noticed this:
    The new TLP is due in may. Im betting they will milk those new achievements as much as they can.

The new TLP is not going to skip those achievements...
    Crabman likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

2004 GoD is universally accepted as having been awful
    2015* GoD (on TLP) is however actually bona fide awesome

*probably was awesome before that year but 2015 was when I returned to EQ after a 7 year hiatus so that's the limit of my actual experience.
    Xhartor likes this.
  16. Nessirfiti Augur

Now, think back, What also happened in 2004, that took players away from EQ? What could it be?
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Lawyer Augur

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. Just look at how many people will sit through certain 1980s songs that they would have flipped the channel on in-era.

GoD is the era I left EQ. Starting in it would feel like I was jumping past all the things that I remember. I'd just play Mischief now if GoD-start is a thing.

I'm pretty sure, though, that it won't be the only thing they'd release. Because they are a business and presumably know what has made them money in recent years.
    To each their own.
  18. Lawyer Augur

That thing is still out there, in classic form...
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

"an acronym that resembles an exclamation of surprise" & "the number two" ?
  20. Lawyer Augur

Yes, to be fair, there were quite a few MMOs -- including a 2nd flavor of EQ -- that drained the playerbase at that time. SWG, WoW, EQ2, DAoC. It was a rough time to launch GoD in.
    Skuz likes this.