Test Update 03/01/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Angahran Augur

That's the main issue, since the buff icons are now one single thing there is no way to individually adjust them :(
  2. JustAQuestion Elder

Could we get the Barter changes also for the Bazaar?
    So we can buy remote :p

Could you make the "thousands separators" system based?
    So the US have a comma and the EU a dot.

To improve the World Server Lag/Bazaar Economy you could also add:
    a 12/24/36h disconnect for all Traders/Buyers (because some traders are online from patch to patch)
    a 12-24h disconnect in general for everyone, would not affect normal players but the AFK horde waiting for buffs and totally lagging PoK/lobby etc.

Just 2cp
  3. Midasa Elder

I can envision this update is going to lead to more buff slots at some point, at which time we will need more space for them.
    klanderso likes this.
  4. Slasher Augur

Or you just make the bazaar an auction house where 1 account shares the same inventory for it and you need all access to sell on it. No need for offline mode anymore or for people to stay logged on 24/7 to sell stuff. This really needs to be done already.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would be a much larger lift then what is being asked for.
  6. Angahran Augur

Numbers don't have multiple dots in them.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They do when you use a different number formatting such as 123.456.789,12 which is equally as valid as 123,456,789.12.
    minimind likes this.
  8. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

It has been suggested to keep the old templates available for the Buff windows, to support those using the offset icons. Is there any reason this would not be possible?

I contribute to keeping Savok's Vert UI updated and from what we have seen, the Buff and Song window will need to be scrapped. These windows have been functioning fine for years without needing to be touched and the customization that was allowed, helped make the UI different from all the rest. If there is some functionality in the new template, that would allow us to do this, please share.

It does look like there are several other UI's that were effected by this also, and we all know how upsetting this can be to end users. Anyone seen the windows Start Button recently?

Eya
  9. Tegila Augur

Just no, please. OMG, 12hrs??? Hey set trader up and go to bed, you better relog it before you do anything the next day or byebye..why???
    24 and 36..also nope. Sorry, but not everyone that doesn't log off is A: soaking buffs in lobby B: botting C: eager to spend 10 minutes logging everything back in on a regular basis just to make you happy. I reset my router the other day and even sat at my desk after but didn't log anyone back in til the next day bc it's that annoying. Temp items, chat/tells left for you, WHAT you sold if you don't want to bog you system having /log on on a trader, trying to rejoin general instead of general1, all annoyances of logging back in. To put a time limit on your logins? No thanks. I'm not a fan of the suggestion for a weekly server reset that was made last month, but I could accept it. This suggestion is bordering on reprehensible.
  10. Angahran Augur

If this was to automatically switch online to offline trader mode that could be ok, but kicking offline traders is nuts.
    Andarriel and Nennius like this.
  11. ChiiChii Augur

Fixed a bug where teleporting to your bind while in the same zone would prevent using a zone line.
    - Fixed a bug where using a translocate spell to the current zone, would prevent subsequent translocation

Was this really a bug? Why is a zone line a requirement if you're bound within the same zone? Been using this for years. Hey, change is change. Though I am disputing labeling this as a bug and asking why the change after all these years?
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The bug was if you ported to your bind in the same zone you could not zone to the next zone over, it would boot you back to the safe spot. IF they have fixed this it is a good thing, and about time.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  13. ChiiChii Augur

Ahhh! Thank you for your response. :)
  14. MiataDriver Augur

I figured out the sizing issues, and I have it using the old icons, now, how do I get it to display the buff name next to the buff so I don't have to hover over the buffs to see the names?

15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

developers,
    Try to keep away from UI changes that may effect custom UI.
    There used to be a VERY big community of players that would do custom UI's, and for a longtime there was awlays patches that would break sets. A lot of fantastic authors stopped doing UI's.
    I even helped the old UI master at SOE.
    ....now it is starting to happen again. Bad idea.
  16. Warpeace Augur

LOL....

Right don't make UI updates or changes to the game because?

Your excuse is not their responsibility to consider on the first place when doing work on their product. If they wanted to support custom UI skins, that would be great, they would have to select and approve a list they would support. Even then the author of the custom skin would most likely be responsible for its updated post patch.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Hmm..
    I bought $170 in Legend of the Dragornbrood.
    I pay magelo
    I pay discord
    I pay my sub(s).
    I devote my time to enjoy this entertainment (for YEARS).

Now all of the above is my choice.

...but wait.. I'm a customer!

It is their responsibility to consider when doing changes to the UI because I (we) are the customer.
    They knew this would break custom UI's. They don't put notes on change in detail therefore no they don't support custom UI but this was their UI they could have done this for us.

But why was this done? For future buff slots? Is it to hard for them to copy and paste or try to make heads and tails out of what there already is? It is for us when we do UI's. But as one mentionied, simple copy and paste could be done adding more buff slots. When was buff slots or icons added last? it is not a common thing so why the all of a sudden change? Who knows Warpeace.

But if you come in here on my comment and say (in a roundabout way) I have no right to speak... Well that is a stupid as a bucket of nails.

And I DO like changes in the game.. it is one of the games that keep changing for better / patch / bugs etc.

Don't put words into my mouth.

18. Angahran Augur

There was a very easy solution to this UI change, they could have added the new template and left the existing EQTYPEs alone.

What broke all the UIs was the fact they removed the EQTYPE code for all the buff, short duration buff and target buffs.
  19. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Great! Where is Location?

Old below:
    But how can I get that to all start to the right 10?
    <Button item="SDBW_Buff0_Button">
    <ScreenID>Buff0</ScreenID>
    <Font>1</Font>
    <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
    <Location>
    <X>10</X>
    <Y>0</Y>
    </Location>

I can't have an invisable 10 that I can use to grab the window to move? Cause that is now gone.
  20. Warpeace Augur

Just because you didn't like what I had to say don't go crying I put words in your mouth, re read what I quoted. I never even in a round about way said you don't have a right to speak.