Test Update 03/01/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Rizzin Elder

As was mentioned already, the bug is that the proc from Proclamation of Blood doesn't impact spells above 115: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ious-version-of-chaotic-power-x.279784/unread
  2. chorklit New Member

Kind of unreal that there are still necro spell bugs that have been around since beta, wonder when they will fix the chaotic power proc.
    Rizzin and Forcallen like this.
  3. EQbud Augur

This is a bittersweet update for me.

The change to Solt 3 is something I've hoped would happen for a long time.
    I'll now be able to go do the events on 3rd island for the illusion clicks.

While the change to Vox and Naggy are understandable, like many others I have a Dragon hunting alt that I've put a lot of time and effort into being the best possible level 52 they can be. Now it feels like they have lost their purpose.
    Rondor likes this.
  4. Mojoslinger Elder

Will the Commas also be added to the Bazaar window? :D
    RPoo likes this.
  5. MiataDriver Augur

Yeah, I am stumped on this one. I use smaller icons, old spell buff icons, I just can't figure out how to make it all work with the new templates. I am seriously bummed about this, I don't want to have to learn all the new icons.
    Xeladom and Yinla like this.
  6. Nilwean Elder

Druid: Irae Faycite Shard: Winter's Wildbrume is still missing :(
  7. TrueNorth Developer

Code:
    <Button item="BW_Player_Buff_Template">
        <ScreenID>Player_Buff_Template</ScreenID>
        <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
        <Size>
            <CX>34</CX>
            <CY>34</CY>
        </Size>
        <Template>BDT_PlayerBuff</Template>
        <DecalOffset>
            <X>2</X>
            <Y>2</Y>
        </DecalOffset>
        <DecalSize>
            <CX>30</CX>
            <CY>30</CY>
        </DecalSize>
    </Button>
    Size = Size of each "button" i.e. buff slot, i.e. "the part you can click to remove a beneficial buff." (NOT the buff icon).
    Decal Offset = Where inside the button the buff icon is placed.
    Decal Size = Size of the buff icon.

This is for the buff window, but it is similar for the other windows.

Hope this helps!
    Allayna, Khat_Nip, Cyphren and 3 others like this.
  8. Thrudd New Member

When will the character transfers from Agnarr to Aradune be able to be used? Currently, Aradune is not on the transfer list.
  9. Nudia Augur

Thank you for continuing to post info on these changes. Are there any workable solutions for the other above with staggered or other varied buff slots?
  10. Angahran Augur

I've tried to figure out how to get my staggered buff/sd buffs working but unfortunately it seems to be impossible with this new 'upgrade' :(
  11. Pops Racer Olde Faht

Sorry, not a fan of this change.

My guild has a whole group of under 52's for doing Dragon Raids, and we have a lot of fun taking on the Lord and Lady. It's a fun, nostalgic throwback to the early days. We occasionally attempt it without defiant gear for an added degree of difficulty - and usually pay the price :)

These dragon encounters provide great training for the upper level content, teaching players how to effectively operate as a group.

It's also a good money making opportunity for lower level characters as the loot still sells in the Bazaar, and since the items can only be won by a smaller segment of the population, the prices are maintained.

My worry is the dragons will rarely be available to lower level groups as (theoretically) a 100+ level character can come in any time and wipe the zone solo and reset the timers.

I understand that the majority of characters on my server (Bertox) are above level 52, and there may not be a lot of low level demand for the dragons, but it's kind of a shame to see it go. It's a unique piece of EQ history, and this change is somehow cheapening it.

Thanks for reading an old man's ramblings....
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Anyone with a subscribed account can now challenge both of them once a week with an Agent of Change without a level limit, guessing they decided that since anyone can get them that way the level limit wasn't needed anymore. Your group will still be able to challenge them once a week without any issues.
    Ozon, Coagagin, Fanra and 5 others like this.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Oh come on. Literally nothing is stopping you guys from continuing to farm these dragons on sub-53 characters if that's something you enjoy. Every server has Agents of Change. Heck you could build yourself an army of sub-53 characters on various accounts and do it over and over to your heart's content. This banish was an extremely outdated mechanic that benefited nobody.
    Coagagin, Skuz, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  14. Angahran Augur

That's helpful, but as far as I can tell it is no longer possible to use the individual buff buttons and so fixing my staggered buff/sd buff windows is not possible ? Unless I am missing something.

Yes, having the template is nice, but did you have to make it the only option ?
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I won't be answering every request about information on these, but thought this was fine as an example.
    Yes, in two ways.
    1. the chance for this augment to be rolled when it's table is rolled was increased.
    2. there are more rolls of the table that this augment is on.
    Here is an example of the change log for point one:
    PK_VALUEMODIFIED_FIELDOLD_DATANEW_DATA
    10705|68185 ITEM_PERCENT 18 14
    10705|68121 ITEM_PERCENT 18 14
    10705|68107 ITEM_PERCENT 11 31
    10705|68102 ITEM_PERCENT 18 14
    10705|68099 ITEM_PERCENT 18 14
    10705|68097 ITEM_PERCENT 17 13
    Nennius, Nniki, Wulfhere and 5 others like this.
  16. minimind The Village Idiot

[IMG]
    Nennius, Xanathol and Skuz like this.
  17. theonepercent Augur

Awesome change and amazing job on LDoN randomization, its been great so far.
    minimind likes this.
  18. Sotu Sotu Journeyman

So, I'm level 70-ish, can I go to Lady Vox and cast a bunch of fire spells on her? All by myself? And she won't send me away? If my fire based damage over time spells do more than 32k damage, then she should be slain (unless she can heal herself), but then I can just cast the spell again. Or better yet cast everything I can. I'm all alone and the zone is empty (well, maybe it won't be empty once this goes live.)

Everyone who has ever done it at Level 52 solo, well, it should be simpler at Level 70 now.
  19. Midasa Elder

I have a copy from LodiDodi buffs from 18 years ago or so when the default changed to the filigree style.
    It's really handy to see the color blocks (red or blue) on the top and the names below the buff icons but I have been trying to fix it for a few days now and running out of ideas. I can get the names to show and the colors but not the icons (old buff icons).
    Anyone out there working on any fixes for the various LodiDodi offshoots out there?

Edit: Almost got it! Using Halelen's fixes as my guide! Cheers to you!
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Nothing stops you from doing it the way you have always done it if you and your friends want to.
    Coagagin likes this.