0xc000007b error

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Varillian, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Yes, a little "care-paket" (or list of needed stuff) would be nice.
    My McAfee virusscanner already excludes EverQuest.
  2. Kanstorm New Member

Keeping in mind, I'm on Windows 10, the machine is "old" and has been an upgrade from Windows 8.
    When i search the installed apps ( Settings, Apps & Features ) there are some 16 'redistributable' installs of Microsoft Visual C++.
    2x 2005.
    6x 2008. ( 2 are 64 bit, 4 are 32 bit [ x86 ] )
    2x 2010 ( a 64 bit, and 32 bit [ x86 ]
    2x 2012 ( as above, one of each type )
    2x 2013 ( again, one of each )
    1x 2015-2019 ( 64 bit )
    1x 2015-2022 ( 32 bit )

I'd suggest you review your listing, and see what you have in the 32 bit space, that isn't there in 64 bit.

I would screen grab and paste what I see, but the forums here don't seem to like me pasting images in.
  3. Sarkaukar Augur

Adding the info below. If not applicable then ignore, but a just in case scenario.

What is your system specs, especially CPU ? Intel 10th or 11th + ? Try to always include system information. EQ isnt a game someone would build a high-end system, but I also do not know if EQ utilizes OpenSSL 1.2 or not, and if so, what version. A older few games I play uses that version and have not updated it, which could potentially cause issues with games/programs running on Intel 10th gen+ CPU, with crashes at program startup. Seen it on Unreal and Cryengine games.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...ha-crash-bug-requires-application-update.html

OpenSSL* 1.0.2 beta (Jun 2014) to OpenSSL 1.0.2k (Jan 2017) contain bugs that either cause a crash or bad SHA (Secure Hash Algorithm) values on processors with the SHA extensions, such as the recently released 10th Generation processor. Both bugs were fixed years ago; however, any application that uses the old version directly, or as one of its dependencies, will fail.
    Treage_Imminent and Duder like this.
  4. Swiss Augur

Our guild has a few having this error as well. If anyone finds a fix please post if you can.
  5. Ommina New Member

I've been working with an individual over the evening experiencing the same error. We did not come up with any solutions either.

While I would not normally post what amounts to a "yeah here too" message, I felt it might be reassuring to Varillian that they are not alone, in addition to alerting the good people at DBG that some clients are struggling.
    Marek and Varillian like this.
  6. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

In this case please like my initial post - no, I am not collecting Likes, but it shows DBG that there is a problem.
    Duder and Ommina like this.
  7. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Checked and searched for all c++ versions I could get, missing 1 from 2010 it seems, the others for 64bit are all there.
  8. Scila Augur

9. Svann2 The Magnificent

in the log folder, check dbg.txt for significant errors
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  10. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Drivers are up to date; support already agreed that my specs fulfill the needs of the game.
  11. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Log ends with me disconnecting via /ex yesterday before the patch.
    And support gave up. I guess I can only hope the EQ-guys themselves notice this thread.
  12. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

I would say the problem is Win11 somehow...
  13. Jennre Band Leader

Try running EQ in Windows 10 Compatibility mode? Are you force-running the eqgame.exe as administrator?
  14. Zanarnar Augur

With the crash he is getting, I don't think the client is getting far enough to even start writing to that.

dumb question, where is EQ installed? Could you maybe copy your everquest folder to c:\ or somewhere similar and try running it from there? (Run EverQuest.exe one you move that folder, or make a short cut to run "eqgame.exe" patchme and try that)

I'm wondering it its a permission error somehow. Honestly its a bit perplexing due to the error and being on Win11. The only other thought I have is try to get that VC2010 runtime installed, that might be what's missing. I don't, however, think that just a missing VC runtime causes that error code... so its more of a "why not try" then "I think this is the fix" ;)
  15. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Yes and yes, both didn't work.
  16. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

Got all Microsoft Visual C++ I could find (nothing).
    EQ is installed in the c:/programme folder.
    Also did a new installation in case some of my files were corrupted or what in c:/EQ, but same results.
  17. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

To sum it up:
    EQ files are up to date and validated.
    My machine fullfills the specs.
    Direct X is complete and up to date - says dxwebsetup
    Dir X 9c is installed
    Microsoft Visual C++ is there
    Net Framework is there
    All drivers and Win11 are up to date
    Patcher and eqgame.exe are run as admin and are defined as exceptions at virus scanner
    Windows Eventprotocol only lists that the error was there, but not why etc.
    Patcher started, tells me game is ready. I start the game, get the error, patcher closes itself.
    Now, English is not my motherlanguage and I don't speak Tech well enough so I have run out of ideas.
  18. Mikana Augur

A guildie has the same problem, so it's not an isolated incident =/
  19. Varillian Singer of Bad Songs

I think it would make sense to...
    -inform support about the problem, maybe they escalate it to the EQ-team if more people bring it up
    -do a "same problem here" in this thread
    -like my initial post so the thread "lights up"
  20. Zanarnar Augur

I wonder if Windows 11 is the common thread here? I was ok last night on Windows 10 20H2, as well as Ubuntu+Wine64 (and d9vk); but I don't have a Win11 machine to test with. (and I'm not upgrading my 10 install).