Pick Zone Changes on TLPS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ViciousEQ, Jan 19, 2022.

1. ForeverBurning New Member

I find it hard to believe there was an “outcry” from people complaining about lag. Whatever you did just made my experience A lot more frustrating. I’d like for it to go back the way it was before please. So does everyone else I talk to.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Blerb New Member

Offer free transfers to Throneblade if Mischief is overcrowded. Right now the fix not a viable solution. Please change it back and find a better way to alleviate Mischief's overcrowding of Plane of Tranquility and Plane of Knowledge.
    BloodF15E likes this.
  3. Kantiz New Member

I don't ever know what zone I'm in. The pick placement makes me sad.
    Fenthen and BloodF15E like this.
  4. Herpesderp New Member

Is this an annoyance for people who hit back to back Open World targets? Yes. Will we stop hitting Open World targets because of it? No.

I do believe there is an oversight with some zones though. It's making certain events in PoP zones unable to be done outside of a DZ. Stomach event in Torment, unable to complete. Keeper of Sorrows in Torment, unable to complete. When you "zone" as part of the event, the mob you are after isn't up because you threw us into a pick, and when we pick back over, well it takes us to the entrance. I think the intention was valid, however the impact is not what should be intended. Making picks of zones is cool and helps people not be bogged down by hundreds of others, but make it an option for them to pick over and not a requirement to the ones that don't want to.

Also, groups and raids are being split into different picks, that just seems silly to me. There's no way that was intended to be this way.

-Biggestofdads
  5. Clutch88 New Member

Just revert till you figure out what your doing.
    -Clutchmuffin
    BloodF15E and Melchior like this.
  6. Babyboy New Member

Not a fan of this one. Seems like a drastic change without consideration for the impact on TLP communities.
  7. Stratka Lorekeeper

I'm a stupidly optimistic person but please revert this change. It's awful trying to coordinate with guildmates on anything in the open world. It's not just about raid targets, but ANY target. With a new TLP server on the way, this is going to frustrate anyone coming back to the game.

Some examples:
    Epic targets in Classic and Kunark zones (PoFear, Chardok, etc)
    Epic 1.5 and 2.0 targets in Omens of War
    Qvic - The succor point is so far away from the standard zone in and far more dangerous
    MPG and RSS in Omens of War - I truly feel for Araduen and Rizlona guilds dealing with this
    ANY open world raid target

This is a change that is most punishing for new or inexperienced players. They rely on following guildmates to navigate new areas and for certain zones (such as Qvic), them picking over to the raid is NOT an option.
    Matburns, BloodF15E and Melchior like this.
  8. Melchior New Member

As Ryochan said above, not one person is asking for a free escape. Everyone just wants to get into the intended zone - in a reasonable amount of time. Sitting in limbo in an undesired zone, waiting to pick into the correct zone, is unreasonable.

You've thrown the proverbial baby out with the bath water. You sought to fix 2-3 zones and ruined the basic functionality of zoning into a new zone, at least for all of Planes of Power.
  9. Akemi-Mage New Member

I appreciate you trying to make a change for the better. That being said, you created a much worse issue with the pick zones. It's incredibly frustrating zoning into a zone and half the group be in one pick, the other in another. It's even worse during raid times. When you're in competitive Guilds, the targets generally don't last five minutes which means the time you wait to pick over, the mob(s) are already dead. This creates a much more frustrating gaming experience. I would truly appreciate any change that would either fix this, or the change to be reverted as a means to fix this issue.
  10. MakeVerantGreatAgain New Member

The problem is not the reasoning behind the changes. I think everyone here understands and agrees with the reasoning. The problem is the seeming lack of care for impact elsewhere. If it was an intended change - it is an intended change with several unintended, negative consequences. Consider this discussion an example of player outcry.

I have been playing on TLPs for 5 years now. I lived through the Lockjaw poll debacle, the truebox rule changes, implementation of MOTM, and a myriad of changes to pick zones, spawns, drops, raid bosses across 6 different TLPs. Given that, I want to stress that I feel this is the most detrimental change I have experienced yet; mostly due to its impact on what I enjoy most, open world raiding.
    Bruzum Grobbfist likes this.
  11. VengeanceTB New Member

This makes things like the events in Plane of Torment not completable as it would always push you into a pick instead of main for the keeper of souls or stomach event. The correct fix does seem to be if you are part of a raid to force you into the main pick
    Fenthen and Melchior like this.
  12. MakeVerantGreatAgain New Member

This is well put - you solved one problem and created 3 more.
    Melchior and BloodF15E like this.
  13. Shoju New Member

Being able to pick while out of combat but with a debuff or boss countdown wouldn't break anything. Or just enable raids to join the same pick.
    Making picks super annoying just to make Mischief have a less laggy Tranquility (which they can pick to a non laggy one) has been a well intended but poorly implemented fix.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Laurel-Thorneblade New Member

It’s bad when you zone in a raid zone like Fire or Water and half the raid is in a different pick. Add in if you have already just killed a raid target so can’t pick over. Very frustrating. Plz think about fixing it.

Laurel
    Fenthen and Fattee's Microphone like this.
  15. Avalost1 New Member

I have to agree with all the above responses, the Pro's do not outweigh the Con's. Please change it back
  16. EndingMischief New Member

How about the part where you try to do the Plane of Torment events that warp you to another spot in the zone and end up in a pick with no actual event going? I get the need to balance zones, fine, but why separate people in an existing raid? If we're in a raid and zoning into an open world zone, you don't think that raid may benefit from staying together? You've basically broken the Plane of Torment events in open world due to the mechanics where you get warped around (not Los Pepes warping, I'm meaning legit game mechanic warping.) It sounds like you all think you know best, but I can promise you, you do not. Your intent was great but your execution was not. Surely you can figure out a way to meet in the middle by at least keeping raids intact and in the main pick...
  17. Shoju New Member

Good luck getting anything done in Plane of Torment, Hedge, MPG, and any other zone with events that zone you. Your force will get split into different picks and you end up at the zone in if you pick over. RiP
  18. Kastrokxx New Member

This makes playing on a TLP almost impossible. Revert the "fix" and make the game playable again please.
  19. Jerakor Journeyman

Imagine your at a camp and things start going sideways, you decide you need to camp a Cleric. Your Cleric camps out and a couple others get out as well. When they go to log in, they are all in different picks. The Cleric logs in to a fresh pick where they proceed to die instantly because the whole area is spawned. The others in the group spawn into main and can't help retrieve corpses because if they pick over they go to the zone in.

This is going to be a LOT of folks experience with these changes when the new TLP launches. We've already encountered it now on a lower pop server.

We had it where groups would stay in the same pick, why not have that work the same way for Groups, Raids, Guilds? If that is too hard, we need it to go back to how it was. This is beyond frustrating.
    brickz, Kurbs and BloodF15E like this.
  20. BloodF15E Assassin

^