Raid scene on Mischief lacking?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Crabman Augur

I agree 100%. Super fun server!! Like you said, Yael kills are fun again, and im looking forward to see what the randomness brings in kunark and beyond.

As for the raid scene, there's faceless that has been beaten to a dead horse and everyone has their own opinions, but they aren't "hiding" how they are doing things, gdkp, bid on whatever, do whatever you want with it. Theres a few bigger guilds splitting targets in dz's each week, then theres smaller guilds killing there thing. Overall that seems pretty normal.

Obviously with tradable loot, the market will be flooded, some items with a usual high value are worth less, some items that used to only be sold for LR are now sitting in the tunnel. Gearing alts is fun if thats your thing. Selling loot for krono is a viable option too. I think the free trade, gives people more option to play how they want, and the random can keep people engaged who would otherwise be a bit bored by now waiting to see what TLP was next. And if your already looking at that, complaining that player power creep is too much and the game isnt as hard as it used to be, please just go back to p99... you knew thats not what you were getting into when you signed up here...
  2. Kahna Augur

Never really understood the whole Krono farm thing. I got 100+ krono on the first EQ2 TLP then realized that I never actually spent them on anything in game. I'm still living off that first pile. I guess I sell one every now and then for tradeskilling money, but nothing else really. So I stopped caring about them.
  3. Wisp Lorekeeper

Yea I see alot of anxiety about things that haven't actually happened. That they could happen is a fair point I guess.

Lets talk about Cloak of Flames. I don't see any single CoF that has sold at auction for more than half of the asking price in the tunnel, and the total split from raids so far, even if you didn't convert the plat into krono and ride the inflation, is a little more than the current asking price in EC tunnel.

So lets think about classic raiding for a second. If you raid non-stop for 4 weeks in classic, make it to every raid, in FIV you got enough plat to be fully BiS EVEN IF you had to buy everything out of the tunnel. That's just a true fact. It happened.

If you are not fully BiS it is because you either did not attend all the raids, spent your plat somewhere else, or not enough of that item dropped, or some combination. It is true that the folks with early plat got the first stuff. It is true there were only so many completed 41% haste items. It is true that there were only so many of certain epic items. You would not have gotten them under any other loot system either. I bought a shield of the immaculate for 11 krono. It is not worth that, I just wanted it because I've always been too cheap in the past to buy one, and I wasn't sure it would keep dropping. Everyone who seriously bid on that first auction has a SoI btw. And nobody really needs one. So the one-off things that you feelbad you didn't get, it's like....no other way of distributing loot would have gotten you it either. It'd be on the top attendance folks (dkp) officers (loot council) or guild leader (dictatorship), which you probably aren't. Done 5 TLPs, that's how every other one went in classic. The one possible exception is Lockjaw, because 6 months of classic, which was too much classic. GDKP is the worst way to distribute loot, except for all the others that have been tried.

The "resellers" are not a problem, they are a feature. They keep the price high enough so YOU don't rip off the guildies who helped you kill the thing. And that's exactly what every warrior who even now, in every TLP where we talk about loot, EVERY warrior insists the BoC is default theirs as the MT they have divine right and a few weeks later when they get an upgrade "whatchoo talkin' bout I already sold it". TWO DECADES of warriors robbing their guild blind. That's over, go play a different server. No big deal.

The major heartburn, I feel, is from directly linking the equipment on your gear to a dollar amount. Anyone without the disposable income to have essentially *groceries for this month* in deployed gear, will have to consciously ignore Krono to enjoy the server. That's an interesting psychological study right there. I could see that causing a lot of stress, and I can see where Krono in general might ruin the game for you. Maybe we could get some kind of filter where Krono gets caught by the badword filter? I dunno. I find it tedious to sell in the tunnel, so I feel dirty everytime I change my plat into Krono to avoid inflation losses. Other than that I ignore Krono entirely. It's easy because I had no idea what it was until like a year after it came out, and then immediately ignored it again because I saw this problem coming, and I don't play the game as a job. But this isn't a problem for a GDKP guild, the GDKP guild is just exposing what was always happening.

But I feel there's a second group of people who have the disposable income, but have some sort of psychological hangup where they just can't understand that fake platinums = fake DKP. It is all currency. The guild paying in currency is..working? Stop white knighting, show up to raids, bid your plat on items, win items. Do you end up paying slightly more than you think it's worth to beat the 9 other people who want it? You honestly saying you never felt that way with DKP? You honestly saying loot council never clearly boned you?

You maybe did not raid enough to get a cloak of flames. I have news for you, that would have happened in any DKP guild and any loot council guild. As far as classic starts go, I've never seen loot more fairly distributed than this. I know for a fact, in PoP, Faceless paid off G* the leader of DHS with stuff for his Aid Grimel Earring because the stuff came out of the mats I had farmed for my AG earring. That sort of stuff usually happens, which is why you see alot of leadership types saying this server's rules are bad, because they can't rip off their guildies quite as easily. The monk-friends-with-officers doesn't get defaulted the COF which they then flip, now anybody can buy to flip. I know that feelsbadman to that monk who feels entitled to it, but it feels pretty great to the clerics that got told *no mask for you, sorry DPS needs it more* for the past 15 TLPs. This was a MUCH more satisfying TLP raiding start, because I usually play support, and my bard got fully geared.

Astonishingly, forced to put their platinums where their mouth is, rangers and rogues realized their epic haste is fine, they don't also need a RBB AND a COF. Weird. Shadowknights didn't go all in on caster DPS items. Funny. Who would have thought.

"I won't get defaulted my sky items? I guess I don't really need to raid sky in classic." Yup, how about that. Save all of us a bunch of time.

Rational thinking starts to trump nostalgia, it's quite refreshing.

But yea, there's some psychology there to overcome. It FEELS BAD when someone throws down krono earned on another server. But MOST in FIV are showing up fully geared, with a haste item, BiS weapons, etc. I expect that to continue, especially while epics remain BiS.

And yea, as far as how far you can clear, I tanked Tallon Zek in Plane of Time on a warrior using his epic 1.0 and group gear, not a single piece of raid gear, on Lockjaw, in era, 0 deaths. We were just starting raid splits and that warrior had defensive up, so yea. If YOU think the right way to play is farm all pre-raid BiS and THEN go raid, and THEN grind out tier1 till full tier 1 BiS, and THEN move on, more power to you. That's going to be frustrating for you with 2 month unlocks. BUT! More power to you. I'm sure your raid leader/guild leader/warrior MT will have really nice gear. When your 3T gets frustrated, FIV is there.

The CH chain is pure nostalgia, you heard it here first. With good clerics it is totally unnecessary outside of a handful of server-first type rushes where you're trying to do things with 18 folks because restricted number of key pieces drop or w/e. It is offensive to any good cleric to nerf their contribution so heavily. Anybody advocating for the use of a CH chain beyond the first few weeks of Luclin is bad and should feel bad. Your clerics are going to quit and you deserve it. It can safely be abandoned in Velious once tanks have geared up for 9 out of 10 encounters. Bringing it out once in awhile to do forty splits of a particular DZ is OK, I guess. But JFC, saw a post talking about the "best clerics being in the chain" and that's just hot garbage. The chain is for boxes and alts. Main clerics should only have to do that if they specifically request it for a nice relaxing semi-afk night, or because there are no alts/boxes available.

What a world.
    HuggyBear and Lejaun like this.
  4. Xeoo New Member

I tanked all the Time gods with my ranger on Selo by the glory of dragon glyphs.

Just whip out the Blade of War (which I had purchased on a weekend gdkp raid) would do work. Basic flame lick to lock agro like a boss and listen to discord explode into laughter.

I'm loving this server so far and really looking forward to how it evolves.
  5. DruidStorm69 New Member

That's a whole lot of justification for what sounds like a system. Dkp means the time guildies spend together has value. We hang out, we all get dkp at the same rate, and then spend it on the loot. Your system is cause one dude with 10,000 krono can buy it all for the tunnel. And I know it happens. Rich girl put 40,000 krono into the trade window with me on mangler. Your system sounds like some dystopian "late stage capitalism" post on Reddit
  6. Sycopata Elder

Khorno is the way you can keep your progress from a previus server to a new one, if you like start from the botton in each server are ok, but after xxxx starts some time you just want to twink a bit, the only krono i usted on classic was for buy a SSOY early, and i enjoyed alot and helped me alot With my work on group content, the second one SSOY i have are droped one, and one member of the group gifted It to me!!!. Each person value each item, and his time, the people Who buy kronos on the shop, are probably pay to win, like the ones Who buy bags, but majority of khonos move, are just change hands, platinum to krono, krono to platinum.
  7. Gremin Augur

Utopia for sale, 100kr
    Demetri likes this.
  8. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

My guild has had no problems clearing content, and the GDKP has been working just fine for us.
  9. Zansobar Augur

GDKP raises all boats.
  10. Kahna Augur

I have heard otherwise. A friend went on two raids with your guild and didn't make it to Isle 7 of Sky both times. Annoying considering he was there for a mage epic crown.
  11. HuggyBear Journeyman

Thank you, as a bard main it always pissed me off watching people tell me I can't use my DKP on a cloak of flames. All the good DPS items you get told bards don't need them. Then you get to watch as every person who wins one leaves the guild and it ends up being sold.

GDKP at least when I don't win those items I am getting paid for showing up. I don't get stuck with being told I can bid on an Orb of Tishan and should be happy about it. Or watching the guild leaders hold back the White Dragon Scales, which are only for the bard epic, because they want to make sure people don't leave before kunark. Like truck you I don't see you holding the cloak of flames till kunark why hold my stuff.

So yes GDKP is the way to go let the whales pay out for the high items I would never of gotten in a DKP guild. Whine all you want cause you didn't get you epic piece because someone wants to flip it in the tunnel. Just wait 2 weeks and that crap will go for coppers, you don't need to be first.

12. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Yeah Sky was a . But if ONE zone is your metric for judging success, then I don't know what to tell you. DND has never claimed to be an uber raiding guild. We do in fact have a LOT of member that had never raided before that night, or had never been to PoSky. And yes, a couple of those inexperienced players made some mistakes that led to us calling that earlier than planned. Still, we've taken down the big names in Hate, Fear, the Hole, and both dragons. Without much difficulty. And the GDKP is still working well for us.
  13. Kahna Augur

Sky is the only semi-difficult thing in Classic EQ. It is as much a test of a guild's organization and ability to follow instructions as it it the ability to kill things. It is really the only zone you CAN measure a guild by in Classic. Everything else is faceroll easy.
  14. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Well I guess you called it. We're all abject failures, and should just unsubscribe and uninstall. We bow to your superiornessocity.
  15. Kahna Augur

I didn't say anything of the sort. Sorry if it is a touchy subject for you. If you are happy in your guild why do you even care what I say? I just don't think your guild would be someplace where I would be happy. Am I a horrible person for being self aware?
  16. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Maybe you should stop joining bad guilds? Our first CoF went to a bard on mischief.
  17. HuggyBear Journeyman

Very nice of you to look out for me. Absolutely genius idea I had never thought of before you mentioned it. Easily the best way to get raid loot just stop joining guilds and raiding all together.

I am glad your guild decided to let bards use DKP without being harassed to high heaven on a haste item. Let me know how many people were saying "seriously a cof going to a bard what a waste."

Lets not forget the lovely option of the first 3-4 red dragon scales go to warriors cause screw bards. I'll stick with the GDKP option to where I can control if I get one or not thanks!
  18. SoandsoForumUser Augur

The helpful forum edited out my adjective because it was a naughty word that went before the word guilds. No one said that because it's a 20 year old elf simulator and we're adults. Again you keep joining poop guilds you get poop behavior.
  19. bardybard Augur

Why do you need a CoF as a bard? It does almost next to nothing for your character's power
    Demetri likes this.
  20. bardybard Augur

Because it is *objectively* a waste.

Bard and Warrior epic are about equal in power in Kunark so both should get equal priority imo. Bard epic remains much more useful after Kunark though. In the past servers with 3 months of Classic, yes, it was definitely advisable to store all raid droppable epic pieces in guild bank ... the attrition on these servers is crazy and no good guild would want to waste their scales. Perhaps that is different with 1 month Classic.
    Even after you get to Kunark you are still limited to 1 bard epic per guild per week unless you do OW Trak.... so why exactly do you need to hold the scales asap? If you are the first bard in line to get the epic you will get the sclaes I am sure.