Raid scene on Mischief lacking?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Triconix Augur

What is even being argued at this point? Unless Aradune is some sort of anomaly where only raiders play, I don't see it feasible that a majority of the population are casual players on TLPs. Maybe some people are combining group casual and raid casual players? Because I've seen a ton of people I'd quality as "raider" but stop playing as early as Luclin. It's quite the enigma, actually. Not sure how people get so burnt out less than year in only to restart again only to get burnt out again. Such a crazy cyclical playstyle.

Like I said before, I don't see casual players often on Aradune, and I have not for awhile. And this is coming from someone who did a vast majority of their exping through PUGs for the better part of classic-luclin. If anyone would find a large casual player-base, I would think it would've been myself. Most of the casuals that I got friendly with were long gone by the time Kunark was a few weeks in.

Maybe Mischief will be different because of the ruleset. However, I don't see how it's possible while people are using quite contradictory arguments like "raiding sucks you don't need it" while also stating things "group gear begins to lag too far behind raid gear for casuals to stay." It's like they actually have no clue.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Over, and over, and over. You know who.
  3. Demetri Augur

Yes, that's how people that have no ability to use the grey matter between their ears hear something with a cogent argument and evidence.

People like you are why conspiracy theory nonsense is on the rise. Because just like here with raider communities, you insulate yourself in a bubble of only your same and just echo chamber yourself to death - instead of actually looking at the data available and evaluating it, and sometimes doing some basic intuitive work - or evaluation of metrics like using self-reported guild stats as some sort of carte blanche data point, when the number of guilds being used here early (3) is of by at least a factor of 3x alone as I've bumped into other guilds at epic camps and discussed the topic - and seems every new guild I interact with at an epic camp is ANOTHER that hasn't been reported.

But obvious troll is obvious - cute lock on the profile viewing so that it's not easy to present an evidence chain of exactly how much stupid trolling you do though.

I'm sure you've got strong feelings about Mole Children and Bill Gates as well. I've invested more in REYN as a result of folks like you becoming such a fixture of online discussion.
  4. Demetri Augur

On these specific statements, I never made the latter assertion - although it's possible you read my comments on PROGRESSION being ridiculous for non-raiders as being gear gating - when I was actually referring to the non-raid ZONE PROGRESSION. Otherwise if someone said something about gear gating being a thing, you're mixing my statements with theirs.

And mind you, for the "raid gear sucks" argument it's about Classic and Kunark raid gear - almost NONE has longevity that will keep it useful til Luclin. Velious has a bit higher ratio of gear with longevity - but it's still not an amazing number outside of Vulak drops. SoL+ though, yes, raiding becomes something that consistently becomes worth investing substantial time in, where group gear won't get close to matching. So I'd expect casual numbers to shift more into raiders as you hit PoP - that's not relevant to current Mischief though. (in fact the only people I currently know of that WERE casual on Aradune, recently started raiding there for that very reason - all the Aradune folks I know otherwise were raiders from day one once they shifted there)

Although for the record - as insane as it sounds - I knew of casual players on Phinny up until the day it hit CoV. It was a massive TWO PEOPLE (one did box, so 5 accounts - 4 boxer and a molo'er) at that point, but you're also talking about around a raider pop of ~100ish at that point too.
  5. Boogatti Lorekeeper

so 2% of the population are non-raiders.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  6. Demetri Augur

After 20+ expansions - after ALREADY SAYING they experience more attrition than raiders expansion by expansion (with some being worse than others)... /rolleyes (Although there are a handful that did seem to prefer casuals and likely had close to parity if not more raider losses - CotF being the most notable example. But then on the other side of the coin you've got TBM/GoD/PoP/PoR that are wastelands for non-raiders)

Also you opted to ignore the entire fact that until Velious almost nothing raidwise, besides epics (and most are 1 groupable now), will outclass GROUP DROPS in Luclin. So plenty of "future raiders" exist right now that currently ARE NOT.

It's amazing how many people fail to read and then opt to comment with a "clever" gotcha that really isn't because it's already covered. Do you not understand how exponents work? Fraction of the population that has had fractions applied to it (unequally at times) multiple times in the 20th generation and beyond will often have a much larger rift that didn't exist originally.
  7. Gheed Is not reading your response

Casuals aren't real

Raiders keep every single MMO known to man afloat
    Demetri likes this.
  8. Demetri Augur

You might want to add /s to that for the slow people in the back.