Raid scene on Mischief lacking?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Stepbrowhatamidoing New Member

Would it really be a bard if it didnt roll on cofs or other things that do nothing for it?
  2. HuggyBear Journeyman

That is the problem it is not the guilds items, they are the players items that participated in that raid. No other items get help back for other peoples epics. Almost all items can be 'd so why do they not hold back the elemental staffs for mages till kunark? It is a BS double standard every guild seems to follow.
  3. Protagonist Tank

If only people could have predicted and warned that this would be a DOA server.
  4. Kahna Augur

It is hardly DOA. Different doesn't mean dead. I'm not impressed with what is out there now by way of large guilds. The guild scene has evolved in an unusual manner. But small guilds are capable of doing more than they ever could before, and accessing far more loot. I have a feeling that is impacting the formation of large guilds, and once you can't get away with selling everything you get on raids and still progressing AND you need more people to down targets to access all the loot I feel like more guilds will form.

This serve is a blast, and hardly DOA. Once again, haven't had this much fun in a very long time.
  5. Kahna Augur

*shrug* I have been in guilds that held back portions of the necro epic.
  6. bardybard Augur

Because a bard epic is a very useful raid item and mage epic isnt.
    Because you can 3 man phinny and you need at least a few groups to kill dragons.
  7. Kahna Augur

Mage epic is a very useful raid item, particularly on rooted mobs.
  8. bardybard Augur

You can do the same thing with Paladins chain stunning for even better ago, but yea I suppose it is useful for that.
  9. Rizlowder New Member

the problem exists between hype and expectations vs reality.
    the hype was huge and the expectations massive but in the end it fell short and didnt come close to reality.
    the hype and expectations was that they would be the biggest tlp's ever.
    the reality: ended up just being more successful versions of servers like rizlona/selos.
    mangler peaked at about 20 guilds clearing content in classic/kunark and aradune peaked at around 30ish in the same eras. both servers had a lot of small, medium size and large guilds. mischief/thornblade doesnt have a decent selection of any. there are very few small and medium size guilds, and only 1 large guild on mischief. very similar to rizlona and selos.
    there just isn't a lot of real players on these servers compared to mangler/aradune so while they are still successful as specialty servers they are called DOA because they didnt meet the hype. even faceless the largest guild isn't pulling in the same amount of raiders as the largest guild was on mangler in the same eras. faceless wouldn't have been in the top 3 largest guilds on aradune in the same eras. in fact it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that the top 5 largest guilds on aradune in classic had more players than all guilds on mischief/thornblade combined.
  10. Kahna Augur

I'm curious when, exactly, DPG let you view their server population information so you could come up with these numbers. Oh, wait, they didn't and you are just guessing.

I was on both Selo's and Rizlona and Mischief alone has a much larger population, orders of magnitude larger. Though I am going by feel, same as you. They are FAR from DOA. The raid scene is just funky, there are still plenty of people around.
  11. Protagonist Tank

You were on two low pop servers and a medium pop server had a larger population. Surprising.
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

We could have had one high-pop server and lots of complaining. Instead they took mercy on us and gave us two, which ended up medium pop, with the least complaining of any TLP ever. :eek:

Still the best TLP launch in history.
    Demetri likes this.
  13. Green_Mage Augur

I troll a bit about how bad thornblade is... but its fine. Just make sure you want to play on a low pop server. There is less competition on low pop servers. However, there is less LFG support for pugging. For some people, the tradeoff is well worth it.

TLPs don't truley die the way people might have you believe. A server isn't dead until it doesn't have raid guilds on it that continue to level and progress. Coirnav was, by all accounts, a bad server. Just a really bad launch timing combined with bugs that messed the economy up. The slow EXP made attrition higher than other TLPs. But they still have progression going on and the server is plenty alive for some.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  14. Gheed Is not reading your response

Raid scene is lacking on the free-trade server with random loot where every guild is doing GDKP.

NO WAY
  15. Wudahell New Member

Literally no reason to raid just farm Giants and buy some cheapo bis gear
  16. Kahna Augur

Did you even read the post I was responding to? I was not the one who started the Selos/Rizlona comparisons.
  17. Rizlowder New Member

did you even read my post? i said they were more successful versions of it. as in more players and equiv number of raiding guilds but no where near the level of the last couple main tlp's like aradune and mangler.
  18. Machen New Member

This may be the most inaccurate description of Rizlona I've yet seen.

Who is the 1 large guild on Rizlona? Almost all the guilds (and there are many) are small or medium compared to what is going on on some of the other TLP's. We don't have any guilds doing massive splits like Aradune or other recent TLP's. My guild is the only one I'm aware of running multiple time instances each week, and we roll with about 60 total members.

We do have a pretty large amount of small and medium sized guilds, though. Over 20.
    Gremin likes this.
  19. Rizlowder New Member

its all relative. they calling fiv a large zerg guild on mischief because its the largest guild. it would have been considered a medium size guild on aradune in classic-kunark. like your 60 man rizlona guild is considered large on rizlona relative to other guilds on the server. that was my point that people complaining about lack of raiding on mischief because expectations didnt meet reality. there just isnt a lot of players on the new free-trade servers relative to the big tlp's. if they came in with the expectation of it being somewhere slightly above selos-rizlona they wouldn't be complaining about lack of guilds.
  20. Atomos Augur

I've been noticing some new guilds pop up on Mischief lately.