Mischief Server looks like it will be the best EQ TLP server ever

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haldi, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

2. KrakenReality Augur

That’s the whole point you can’t stop it but can you deter it by making everything lose value. Why move to a server, where the items will be half to less the value? It’ll be attractive to the much larger raid size boxers that sell loot, but those group only bots won’t have as lucrative market as compared to Aradune.

Real example from The Burning Lands expansion, I sold full visible T1 sets for 500k and T2 sets for 1-1.2mil on FV. Torment of Velious, the next expansion after the first 6 weeks I struggled to sell full T2 armor sets 100k in general chat and T1 ToV I was selling for either 25k or just dropping it in the small PoK bank. Raid gear will get you the $$$ though.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Exactamundo!

Competition is the enemy of aggressive monopolisation, thats exactly what a random loot system does, create competition, lots of it.
    TLP Addict and Faydra like this.
  4. Vicus Augur

They will come just because it's a fresh server..where you see people selling krono for 700p the first week of launch. The glory days of RMT are the first three expansions.
  5. Lejaun Augur

It's kind of cute how everyone thinks that this server will deter RMTers.
    Accipiter and Machen like this.
  6. Eqfanatic17 New Member

I love the idea of a new TLP but i hate truebox rules, i get it, everyone hates boxers, because it allows krono farmers and the destruction of your original fantasy of EQ. but newsflash, it isn't 1999 anymore, original EQ doesn't exist, we don't have corpse runs anymore, we have maps, and yes people box... 3 years from now when 90% of the server has quit, boxing is the only way content will continue to be cleared. by not allowing boxing, they are promising a server than won't last. just my opinion.
  7. Brunlin Augur

Classic is only 30 days. Just wait 30 days and than join. /shrug
    Faydra and Skuz like this.
  8. Brunlin Augur

its true box and will still get over run by bot armies.....meanwhile someone with a mage answers the door when his uber eats arrive...comes back to the pc to find that his pet engaged a mob and he is now suspended for 7 days.
    Tymeless, Faydra and Herf like this.
  9. Kahna Augur

Let's be super realistic here. The majority of the TLP market gives zero cares about whether or not a TLP lasts past PoP. They keep spinning up new and fun ideas like this one for the TLPs down the road and they can keep cashing in regardless of the extended lifespan. TLPs don't have to make it to live to be successful, they just have to make it to the next TLP.
    Faydra and Skuz like this.
  10. KrakenReality Augur

Meh like I posted gives me some second thoughts about running anything less than 18 accounts unless I want to sell raid loot. I’m speculating the group market will be to flooded with cheap items to bother for group loot.

I’d have to look at my spreadsheets to compare values from across the servers versus my operating expenses.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deter, eventually once they realise they are up against everyone else on the server for that sweet krono and they dont have to succeed at monopolizing their favourite money-camp to do it either.

Won't stop RMT but it will radically alter the paradigm.
  12. Machen New Member

The problem is that there will be new "bugs" every expansion. People will likely constantly be finding things that drop loot that shouldn't. The game is too big for the devs to catch everything up front.
  13. jeskola pheerie

I agree, I am not a fan of Truebox either, but do you really need to copy/paste the same exact reply on 5 different threads?

[IMG]
    Skuz, Ions, Niskin and 3 others like this.
  14. Brunlin Augur

yes
  15. Eqfanatic17 New Member

its all about getting attention to Dev's, so yes. thank you for helping my cause
  16. Herf Augur

I can't see any reason to play 4 weeks of classic, unless you had a foolproof way to lvl rapidly and hoard PP for when Kunark opens.

Oh, and of course to camp on names like Bruce Leezard for when Iksar monks become available. I can see people selling names for 1 Krono.
  17. Brunlin Augur

but even so, this will still play in as if Bristlebane has taken control of the server.......so....what bugs? it was meant to drop there. Chaos everywhere
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I come from the future:
    [IMG]
    v1ol3nt, Xanathol, Skuz and 5 others like this.
  19. Brunlin Augur

I agree with this. Truebox should drop after GOD
    Tweakfour17, Xanathol, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  20. Brunlin Augur

yea with the popularity of this server, there is no way there can be only one server.
    Faydra likes this.