aradune true box clarification

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snareclicky, Apr 29, 2020.

1. KimchiGoddess Augur

So if it's per person ... lol how are they even going to police that? Server just took an arrow to the knee. Hello botters.
  2. birisu Elder

According to dreamweaver the restriction is "per person" which in my mind means all someone who wants to 6 box has to do is split them up into groups of 2 and be able to convincingly act like 3 people.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  3. KimchiGoddess Augur

Exactly. I've said it on another thread, I have two laptops and one gaming PC. My boyfriend has his own gaming PC. Theoretically I could box 4 characters all myself and have him nearby to jump in if needed. He knows how to play, he's just not a player of the game. I've tried multiple times over the years but he just never got into it ;p Of course I've been playing since 99 and he never touched the game before we met, lol.
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

So the rule is pointless because anyone can just claim that their "Wife/Friend/Child" ect is really boxing the other toons. Why don't you just make the people that wanna box a billion toons play on their own server. You guys already gave them their own server and they've ruined the last 4 TLP by breaking the truebox code already.
  5. Minpire Augur

OR check this one out!

My kid is underage of say 12! i Dont let him chat all. So if my kid doesnt respond to GM etc, RIP ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! such a cool rule!
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It is a great rule. If someone doesn't like it they can simply play on the other server.
  7. PriestofDiscord Journeyman

The people asking for uncapped boxing on Aradune don't want to play on Rizlona.

They want to play on Aradune with people no-boxing so that they have an edge over their competition, which they do not have on Rizlona.

End of story.
  8. Minpire Augur

You must be perplexed on how easy it is now people Evading Truebox, WIll be no different eventually, Say next year new servers come out, No More GMs super active, IF GMs TEST(Experiment) sticks. So overall Same issue as mangler, etc bot armies perhaps etc

" The second point is, the dedicated GM status of these two servers is an experiment. We hope that it will prove to be viable, but it does have a time limit associated with it. We are targeting at least 6 months, post server launch, after which we will review the results and move forward from there."
  9. Jontrann Augur

Exactly

This server will be no different then mangler.
    Minpire likes this.
  10. Ronzark Augur

No, it isn't. A "box" meant another machine to run another account. Not many machines in 2000 could run 2 separate EQ programs at once.

When you say "we" you only mean "you", evidently "you" owned souped up top of the line hardware and ran 2 accounts at once on one computer. If that's really true, then "you" were in the extreme minority.
  11. Ronzark Augur

Yes, your rage against boxers needs to subside... because your opinion of the rules is wrong. You claim that it's 2 accounts per IP and that is 100% wrong. It's 2 accounts per PERSON. More than one person can play from the same IP. And they ALL can have 2 accounts.
  12. Zinth Augur

a 300mhz machine back then can hardly be called souped up, but yes some of us had jobs and paid ourselves, where some apparently used their parents machine a we can see from your post...
  13. Zinth Augur

if you even knew a single thing about him then you would know he doesn't RAGE against boxers (if you want a little clue... he IS a boxer)

so do you want to re-evaluate your raging there?
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm fine with admitting I was wrong about that, why else would I have posted the link to Dreamweaver's clarification?

[IMG]
    KimchiGoddess and Zinth like this.
  15. NoWay Augur

Sounds to me like 1 big ban fest inc.
  16. Hinastorm86 Augur

I'm not privy to how people have been circimventing truebox all this time, but the current rule of 2 per person is not going to be realistically enforceable.

It just means cheaters will have an edge on Aradune, as opposed to the wild west anything goes for everyone of Rizlona. I suggest you guys change or amend this rule in some way, unless you are confidant in your GM's somehow being able to tell that 1 person is impersonating 3.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I thought that was common knowledge
  18. Hinastorm86 Augur

I extensively researched how to do it around mangler/selo launch and could not find any info. My attempts to VM it failed (im admittedly not very tech savy past basic things).

So maybe it is, and i'm just one of the ones left out? I don't know.

Regardless, just using eye-essboxer or Emq2 on Rizlona sounds much better and easier.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

I dont know either but I know for certain that even on selo about 2 or 3 months ago people were suspended for vm use.

Obviously the macaroni guys on mangler would be caught by a real gm, so the 40 man stuff is over, but the 1 groupers will be the real wildcard. In classic and kunark the small boxers are usually able to handily camp high krono camps where they can plop down and have an edge, that being 6 toons or more. But with 2 toons a regular group can top just about any duo unless it's a horrible mismatch.
  20. Sikkun Augur

They release two servers with the same rules, except one allows boxing however you want and the other tried to get people not to box.

But all your hear in the forums is all the ways you should be able to box however you want on the box restricted server....really is RMT all the forums crowd does?
    Arclyte likes this.