EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sennik Jevest Elder

This is a pretty terrible argument to what he proposed. But your posts have always been negative and unrealistic no matter the context. As long as it is about PvP you're against it.

I personally agree. If they aren't willing to give a new pvp server, take the old one and give it a population again.

I played on Red99 and RoZ and they always kicked off with 300+ population and these are emulators.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The message that nobody but the 20-50 PvP bois gives one single tiny crap about any number of players on a free emulated server just bounces off your skulls doesn't it?

No matter how many were on RoZ & Red99, you didn't have enough to even make a full raid on zek on the 29th & that's including dozens of boxes, it ain't happening.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Keeping a server going with a small population is essentially the cost of electricity as the rest of it are sunk costs.

Making a new server involves a lot of dev work for something that (in the case of a PvP server) absolutely will not recoup that money.

Sunsetting a low pop server (like Zek) and reusing the hardware would actually involve MORE work than a purely new server since they first have to save/merge/transfer all the existing characters/data off before starting all over again.

If they are going to sunset a server and reuse it, they're going to make it into whatever server type they believe will make them the most money, which is like 95% a Phinny clone with maybe a small tweak or two. (Personally, I think a FV TLP would be most popular, but they seem to dislike the FV ruleset so I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening either).
    MasterMagnus and Skuz like this.
  4. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

So you guys are ok with screwing over the people who have played on Zek?

Says all you need to know.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

You mean the fake rally Dulu organized? Or what? Not sure who is getting screwed over here.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

p99 Red peaked at 663 concurrent players
    p99 Blue peaked at 2162 concurrent players

If a Phinny/Mangler style TLP with PvP came out and it hit 30% of Phinny/Mangler population which isn't an unreasonable estimation at all, it would make it more successful then Selo/RF was and for longer. You can be a forum warrior and hate the idea all you want. But very clearly a PvP TLP has enough of a draw too be viable from a monetary standpoint.
  7. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

There are a handful of people who still play on Zek.

It's BS for them to go "nuke the server a few people still play on so Dulu and his PVP bois can have a PVP TLP that'll die in a month."
    code-zero likes this.
  8. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

9. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

30% of Phinny and Mangler? Lol what? That's an absurdly unreasonable estimation.

You got less than 200 people to show up for a ONE TIME event on a FREE server to show support for a PVP TLP. And that isn't even taking into account people who were there just to see how bad it would go. Or totally account for the boxers.

You haven't provided anything to show a PVP TLP has enough of a draw. That was the point of your event which didn't help the cause at all.

p99 Red #'s don't show support for a PVP TLP. It shows support for a free PVP server.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

And that means what? Peak means nothing. Selo peaked over 3k, and Ragefire the same or higher, *clearly* more successful than a PvP TLP ever would be by your own admission.

Selo didn't really die off until after GoD, like every TLP before it, and it was plenty viable from a monetary standpoint. Ragefire suffered from Phinny being released with AoCs which stole a large portion of the players.

A PvP TLP would flop as hard as Miragul, probably even faster. The first day might spike from people creating a character to reserve their names, and screwing around for a few minutes, but that's all. I would be exceedingly surprised if a PvP TLP managed to have more than 200 unique players after the first week, and 200 isn't enough to be viable.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Neither of those server peaked at 3k concurrently ONLINE players, i don't even remember Selo ever filling 2x 400 gen chats. Phinny hit 5x 600 the day Kunark launched. Selo probable peaked somewhere between 600 and 1000. Phinny and Mangler both definitely peaked well over 3k players online. If a Red/Purple Phinny clone brought in 30% of what Phinny/Mangler roughly the same ratio Red had compared to Blue that PvP Phinny clone would likely max out at like about the same players online/subs that Selo had.

Selo was already dying off in PoP and that was less then 4 months into the server. By OoW it probably was driving less then 500 total subs. If Selo was viable and i think it was. Then a PvP would also likely be viable. Plus a PvP Phinny clone would drive Subs for a longer period of time.

This is just you being a hater. Private servers have already proven PvP would be more popular then Miragul. Plus Miragul also has a major flaw from a monetary standpoint that a PvP server wouldn't. Store mounts, Bags, XP pots and all sorts of other micro transaction aren't nearly as profitable when you start off with 2x20 slot store bags, level 85 thousands of AAs and a selo mount.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's an estimation based on p99 Red vs p99 Blue. Red peaked a little over 30% of Blues peak. I see no reason to think A PVP wouldn't do the same compared to Phinny/Mangler.

What is absurd though is making an estimation based off a PvP event that nobody cared about and expecting people to show up that don't even have EQ currently installed.

You're just a hater. You know we do to haters?
  13. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

If Rise of Zek, new private PVP server everyone was touting as proof, is so great...

Why did Dulu and his PVP bois quit because it was too hard to find groups for leveling?

Thought it was bustling and a great time!
  14. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

So you're using data from free servers not paid servers aka TLPs.

Thanks.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

If you're gonna be mad and ignore what i actually said not gonna bother. Stay mad
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I'm using data from the 2 most comparable servers. Since that obviously makes the most sense.
  17. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

First you PVP bois use photoshop.

Now quoting people but altering the quote.

GG.
  18. Mr Blue Sky Elder

A pleasure to be of service ECrack

Enjoy this lovely song, for you :D

ECrack likes this.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They absolutely peaked those numbers. The fact you don't like it doesn't make it untrue. The day Selo launched (just like every TLP) enough people logged in to basically crash the login server for several hours. That's a lot more than "600." And even if you ignore the first week, there was consistently a large number of players for the first several months, until about August, when you had the 1-2 punch of GoD release AND Classic WoW launch. A bunch of people left to go to WoW and a lot of those who didn't went to Mangler which was still in Kunark.

I'm not being a hater. I'm being realistic and I'm sorry but reality isn't on your side.

Miragul was a huge flop. Being "more popular than Miragul" doesn't mean it will be a success. And you are trying to claim that peak numbers from Red99 YEARS AGO are somehow in any way relevant to today. They aren't.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That face when you think the devs even read the forums, much less the TLP forums, much less care about what how many posts a topic has.
    Skuz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.