EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Selo never crashed on launch day. People had trouble creating toons when the servers first came up, but that even happened with Miragul, so that doesn't say much. Selo never hit anywhere close to 3k players. Selo couldn't even put more then 6 or 7 guilds through an expansion ironically one of them being a Red guild. Just because you don't accept this doesn't change the facts.

Nah you hating so hard. It's actually funny.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Selo was high on population for several months. I know, I played there. It peaked quickly and faded quickly, but it still peaked high.

I'm really not. But even if I was, I'd rather be funny than as sad as you are being.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. PVPme Augur

Don't mind Beimeith. Dude just makes up things in his post 90% of the time.

Selo's was definitely in Omens of War & about to be in DoN when WoW classic came out. :)
    ECrack likes this.
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Cool story dude. I played on Selo too, i was one of the people carrying you while you were AFK 90% of the raid on your chanter. Selo never peaked anywhere near close to 3000 players online and was dipping into Med population during non-peak hours after the first few days.

High population isn't that "high" Bristlebane is at high right now and it doesn't have full gen chat. "High pop is like 600 people online.
    ECrack likes this.
  5. kenmei Augur

I'll be completely honest, I have played the 3 rulesets of EQ PvP.
    Zek, full loot, horrible.
    Partial Loot, same thing horrid.
    Deity PvP.. different game, completely changes EQ. best mmo I had ever been a part of, over DAoC, SWG, WARHammer, GW2, any of the PvP games, this community was heads and tails way more devious and tactical. East Karana, HighPass, Kithicor were actual warzones. you would be ambushed by monks pretending to be corpses..there were that many players. At the back end before it was scrapped (for reasons unknown) they had implemented a medal system on looting for combat. that was going to have vendors in the cities you 'owned'. The damn server exists still in the basement go get it!
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

And beta testing started in May, but sure, w/e I'll admit I was off by a couple weeks. My point remains that is when the server population on Selo tanked.

Imagine thinking that general channel numbers is an accurate representation of server population, *especially* on a live server.

That whole failure of a zek protest didn't even budge from low to medium and at one point there was over 250 (many of which were boxes and some people logging in just to see the train wreck, but regardless) so it is very clearly more than you think. Not to mention that TLPs run on much better hardware than most of the live servers (but I don't know if that affects the low/med/high rating or not).
  7. Maneuvre Augur

8. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

This is hilarious coming from a PVP supporter seeing as how you guys literally photoshopped the server status screen during the Zek event to make it look like population was high.
  9. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

Probably cause it would have less than a few dozen people at launch and be dead in a month?

D*l* and his PVP bois are the ones who were on here yelling about how much support it had, how it would be great, people would play long term, etc.

They went to Rise of Zek in the meantime. A server you all repeatedly claim shows there is support for a PVP TLP.

Aaaannnnddddd they've all quit Rise of Zek cause it is too hard to find groups, high level players shutting down zones, etc.

How long was Rise of Zek around before that happened?

So you want the devs to make a PVP TLP when the loudest group of supporters already quit a different PVP server because of the same things we've been saying here?

Lulz.
  10. Maneuvre Augur

Where are you getting this fake news from? I am still on RoZ trying to train as much as I can for the new PVP TLP. Otherwise its...

[IMG]
  11. ECrack Augur

Rofl, love it. <3
  12. ECrack Augur

I bet you can't wait because you know what I said is right.

Literally top 8 most replies of all time in the TLP forums.

I like going back to the very beginning where you guys would say "All 2 of you" then it was "All 3 of you." Now what was the latest one? Something like the 20-50 of you.

Lol. Every time the number grows, WEIRD. And we're the ones lying and making things up. =) Don't worry PvPlulz I'm sure I get even more enjoyment out of our relationship than you do. <3
  13. ECrack Augur

Lol, wow really reaching on this one. Did you just say Dev's don't read the forums?

Please tell me you believe that statement too. I really want you to admit that openly, as if this post wasn't enough for everyone to lose what little credit they were giving your false narrative already.
  14. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

They're own Discord. Where a few days ago they talked about having quit and are going to DAOC.

Not fake news.
  15. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

I forgot to mention it also makes me smile every time you think the thread count will help you get a server and that DPG cares. They see this thread. You think they just look at the # and not the contents? Lulz.

Have never said 25-50 of you. Where did you get that fake news? I've said the server would draw no more than a few dozen at launch and then die off very quickly.

Because most of those people would join just to see how it is. And then promptly quit before a month is up.
  16. ECrack Augur

Bro, can we get Skuz or PvPlulz in here to tag this guy out? He's really not helping y'alls case. Lol.

This is your argument? Okay tell me if this sounds familiar. "Imagine thinking that general channel numbers is an accurate representation of a THE PVP COMMUNITY INTEREST"

I could literally quote you word for word and insert the context of y'alls argument against how many people showed up on Zek for the protest. Literally same thing our side was saying. You really think everyone who would play a live pvp tlp showed up to that event?
  17. ECrack Augur

I didn't say you said it.

Here you go PvPlulz, fake news says what? 20-50 PvP bois. Hellllllllllloooooooooooooo

Can we get a rez in here for PvPlulz and no you can't have your lunch money back.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  18. Maneuvre Augur

19. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

You commented at me that I said to 20-50. I replied I never said that. You still can't show where I did.

Fake news says what?

You PVP bois are fantastic.

First you photoshop the server status page.

Then you quote someone on the forums but alter the quote to be different than the post (see your reply to me yesterday).

Now you claim I said something, get called out, and show a quote from someone else to back that up?

Lulz.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, I think MORE accounts* showed up to the non-event than would show up to a real PvP TLP because it was FTP (lol all the easy to spot 20-box crews that were there) and an actual TLP wouldn't be.

And for what it's worth, I certainly wasn't going by *general channel* numbers for the zek thing either. I was going based off numbers on /who.

But, even if I did go by general channel #s for the zek thing, that would at least be *close* to reality since you were all level ones and you start off in the general channel by default, compared to a live server where the majority turn that junk off because it's annoying.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, code-zero and Skuz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.