EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dulu Augur

Understood. Thank you.

From the PvP community, please relay our gratitude to the rest of your team. Let them know we would love to sit and have a chat with them, like we did Rogean from P99.
  2. PVPme Augur

If you're gonna lock new threads about PvP maybe give this thread title a little bit more clear Title and sticky it?
  3. dreamweaver Community Manager

Not going to sticky it, but I will edit the title.
  4. Dulu Augur

I know you already said you would address it, but just to be clear -- the articles and interview from the past 48 hours are no longer the first topic. Biggest news the PvP community has had in 8 years since the launch of p99 red.

It would be a shame to see them buried in a mega thread instead of at the top.

Thank you, again.
  5. dreamweaver Community Manager

I understand, I will make then changes when I can. It's gonna take a little while but it will get done.
    Brawl and Dulu like this.
  6. Runes Augur

I hate to burst the bubble of the people hoping the new TLP server is going to be a single PvP server , but there most likely will not be one. With the creation of the three separate studios, my guess is that Holly is under a lot more pressure now to show big profits and is competing against the other studio efforts to produce and she will not take a gamble right out the gate with a PVP server project that can bust and fail and make her look bad.

Plus Daybreak has spent a lot of money and resources to set up these distinct studios and wants to see returns now.

Maybe there could be two servers launched, one PVP and one PVE but I think that would dilute the playing population down on the PVP server to a point where it would die fast.

My bets are on the tried and true big bucks generating PVE TLP to start within the next 30 days.
  7. Fraggly Augur

These articles and the "interview" are kind of lame...? No real content or anything of meaning. You just sent them what they should publish and got Rogean into talking about EQ, a hobby he loves. Seems to obviously be pushed by 1-2 people, obvious who those 1-2 people would be. Good luck to you in the coming TLP announcements!
  8. Dulu Augur

Recycling the same content is not growing your company.

Another PVE server, even if it's FV, will attract the exact same people who would come back no matter what type of server it is.

With a PVP server, you are guaranteed to attract NEW subscribers, who may stick around for future servers. Plus, as has been mentioned, PvP players will spend BIG money on potions to get a leg up on the other faction.
    Brawl likes this.
  9. Fraggly Augur

And anyone that doesn't poop sock the first week will be at the mercy of the poop sockers who take weeks off to grind EQ TLP releases. Anyone that spends a Krono and then essentially has that Krono taken from them by a mob or retired/rich EQ players with unlimited playtime won't buy another. Did you even read the Rogean interview you are calling one of the greatest things to happen to EQ PvP, or just regurgitate it for us?
  10. Dulu Augur

What do you guys think PvP servers are actually like? Do you think everyone gets ganked 24/7 by roaming death squads and max level no lifers?

Furthermore, no one would be able to 'take' Krono, or 'take' ANYTHING for that matter, other than the coin you have on your body.

I played extensively on Sullon Zek, and Red 99, as well as Agnarr. I was griefed more on Agnarr than I was on Sullon and R99 combined: And I couldn't do a single thing about it. People on Agnarr would train, camp steal, lock down desirable areas with their 5 boxes 24/7. Nothing. No recourse.

On Red, 1-60 I think I was ganked twice, and both times they were good fights. I even became friends with the rogue who ganked me.

On Sullon, I was never ganked once I made it past the early 20's. Sure, there was a max level Shadowknight who would show up and wipe out the noobs in Crushbone for an hour every night, but then he'd log off. It was part of the game. People knew to look out for Karmerr Cubed, the fat Ogre SK.

These boogeymen hardcore no-life sociopath griefers that you guys are so afraid of simply don't exist. No one is going to camp you until you quit. No one is going to steal your krono.
    PVPme and Brawl like this.
  11. Runes Augur

Where exactly are all these new PVP subscribers that will flock to EQ? P99 red? Those people will be staying there as they have invested too much money and time to start again. Other games? PvP is far better on most every other game, so they wont be leaving their more modern game for an antiquated 20 year old game.

You will lose too many subscribers who would have played on a new PVE server but will not play on a PvP server, to make up for the hundred or so new subscribers who will play on a PvP server and guaranteed they wont last more than six months, but would have gone a year or two on a PVE server.

You also always pick up new Subs on a new PVE TLP server and the difference is that they will keep buying potions and subs to at least Luclin/PoP, but you wont see alot of people sticking on a PvP server for longer than 3-6 months as that is as long as it will take for the hardcore crowd to get ahead, get leveled and geared and dominate the server and screw with everyone else until they make them leave and they own the server.

Look at what has happened on the last 4 servers that opened up, there is always a neck beard guild or two that has the time and resources to control and dominate world mobs and the server. Now imagine they could kill 80% of the server unchecked and at known choke points. They would become the new generation of RMT farmers.

People need to stop dreaming of their past glory days of EQ PvP. You will never recreate it as players have gotten too toxic and money hungry to allow it to thrive.
    Meridian and Fraggly like this.
  12. Dulu Augur

I love super-haters.

[IMG]
  13. Fraggly Augur

I hear rumors that things like this happening because modern day gamers attitudes have changed is what led to the creation of AoC's, one of the best things to happen for the TLP community. But these people don't exist apparently, and had no effect on LJ/RF. :rolleyes: At least all these posts got smooshed together so any more necros from over a year ago can be reported.
  14. Brawl Elder

Completely agree here. I've played on Agnarr, Coirnav & Mangler extensively and have been griefed far more on those servers than in my time on any PvP server (Vallon, Sullon, Rallos and a little of RoZ).
  15. Fraggly Augur

When, as in what year was it, did you last play on the EQ PvP servers you mention?

You speak of a bygone era. I realize this isn't WoW, but the way world PvP in Classic devolved speaks volumes to how attitudes in PvP environments have changed. Classic PvP realms made Blizzard money by allowing people to transfer off of them. Grief is the name of the game. Taking someones time and effort and seeing them log off is rewarding to others today.
  16. Brawl Elder

I'm sorry, you can't compare WoW PvP to EQ PvP.
    You can't even talk to the other faction in WoW.

I played on a few servers in the last couple of years. Between 2005 - present I've been played numerous MMOs - DAoC, Vanguard, WoW, ESO, Archeage, SWTOR - the list goes on. Nothing compares to EQ PvP - with all of it's imperfections.
  17. markkk Lorekeeper

i will not pvp in eq i pvp in some non mmo,any chance to to launch the next tlp with say a pick that his pvp for most zones say pick 10 and the rest of the picks are pve so all players can be blue players and just pick over to pick 10 to pvp,if you die you spawn always in non pick 10,simple code change your in pick 10 your flagged automatilcly for pvp if your not in pick 10 your flagged for pve.
  18. Jontrann Augur

I literally want a pvp server to happen so it will crash and burn and we'll never have to hear about it again.
  19. PVPme Augur

So many haters that have mostly never even played on a PvP server, sad times.
  20. wildone Elder

its sad really everquest pvp was never balanced with my pally i used to destroy necros but rangers would destroy me so i get my pvp fix in other games,so il never play an eq pvp server.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.