Please learn this ONE thing from WoW Classic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dabrixmgp, Sep 22, 2019.

1. code-zero Augur

Well back in my younger days when I dabbled in street racing we'd say money talks and b******t walks. Get the word out to all those PvP players that all they need to do is come play on Zek and demonstrate that they are for real and maybe y'all would get a nice shiny new PvP TLP server next go around
    Meridian likes this.
  2. Vexn Elder

Sounds like solid Dev logic to me.

Play this completely trash version of our game and then maybe we'll give you the gem you want of classic EverQuest.
  3. code-zero Augur

That's exactly what they're telling you. Embrace the suck and maybe you can get their attention
  4. Vexn Elder

That solid H1Z1 logic hahaha. Ohhh Daybreak =X
  5. Atomos Augur

I mean you literally just have to type project1999.com and you can instantly see that at 4:26 PM CST the population of Red99 is 32. What an embarrassment, I really have no idea why they even keep the server running. People do not like EQ PVP, and rightfully so.

I'm sitting here reading posts from all the way up to 2012 talking about how Red99 is a ghost town. The option to play classic EQ PVP has been there for years, but no one's playing it. Wonder why? Because EQ PVP is awful and real PVPers want to play a real PVP game. It's great and fine that you love it but you at least should be realistic about it. Running a server is actually pretty easy so nothing's stopping you or anyone else from starting one - except the lack of interest.
  6. WTBPvpTLP New Member

Yes, meanwhile Fippy Darkpaw currently has 0 players logged in and is about the same age as red99. Great resources being spent there to maintain that server.. People that want a non-truebox server need to go play there for a few months to prove you want a non-truebox server lol... Cmon...

Did you miss the part where I said red99 in its peak before the corruption and bad rule set changes had 600-700 players. The interest is there. Daybreak just needs to cash in and stop with the same old watered down TLP.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

This got me laughing at the end of my day... Thanks.
    1. If EQ & WOW had overlap EQ would have like half a million players, but it doesn't.
    2. If I started a private server I'd have more players than the zero Fippy has. :D
  8. Vexn Elder

9. Meridian Augur

There's also nothing stopping all these pvp types from moving to one TLP, forming guilds, turning red and hacking away at each other.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I hope we are both looking at 2019, I doubt anyone cares what EQ did in 1999 to go from the market leader to whatever place they are currently in.
  11. WTBPvpTLP New Member

Damn you should look into becoming a Daybreak Dev with that solid logic sir.

There are a few private servers that most of the people from red migrated to that had 200-300 players for a while but not to sure of its population now days. People are hesitant to play on private servers and rightfully so.

The money is on the table and if Daybreak can afford to have a server running with literally 0 players on it I see no reason why it shouldn't be tried.
  12. Vexn Elder

EQ peaked at around 04 on subs which was before WoW came out and then dropped hard. That definitely had no relation to World of Warcraft coming out, right? 100% the games have overlap of fans.
  13. Machen New Member

This is a pretty ridiculous argument. If "a few more players than Fippy has" is all they are aiming for, they'd probably never do another TLP ever. Comparing anything to Fippy at this point is absurd.
  14. SunDrake Augur

Just take a serious look at the people who ask for EQ PVP.

Do you want those players back? Yeah, neither does DBG.
  15. Machen New Member

The number of people that DBG doesn't want to take money from is even smaller than the number of people advocating for pvp. If you think they have some principled opposition to these players being their customers and giving them money, think again.

Edit to add, I think you are conflating people YOU don't want to play with, with people DBG doesn't want to have playing in Everquest. The lists are not at all the same.
  16. WTBPvpTLP New Member

Right thats my point.

Fippy has literally no population at times but that doesnt mean TLP's aren't profitable. Yet people use this exact example saying Zek is dead so we don't think a PvP server would be profitable. Its ridiculous.

Many EQ PvPers went to private servers(red99, rise of zek, eqpvp) and some of those servers have peaked from 200-600+ players and many of these private servers even enforce limited boxing. I don't see how you all can say there is no demand when clearly people play.

I believe there may even be talk of p99 starting up a new PvP server after they launch their new green PvE server. Do you really think they'd release another PvP server if they had thought their red99 server failed?
  17. Atomos Augur

It's surely the Discord server which was announced TWO TO THREE YEARS AGO (FOUR?)... Guess the P99 staff didn't think it was too important. And the only reason the P99 staff even want a PVP99 server is because it's part of the Classic experience. They're already aware of the lack of interest. Even permanent EXP boosts couldn't help Red99. The Discord server will follow in Red99's footsteps - reach several hundred players in the first month or so and then disappear into nothingness shortly after.

Money rules this earth, and if DBG could actually make any real money on a PVP TLP, there'd be one. The small handful of people who ask for PVP TLP like to use the excuse that just like for PVE, expansions "ruined the game for PVPers." But there's never been a successful classic private server for EQ PVP, despite several attempts. A server that is populated briefly at launch and dead shortly after is not successful. Blue99 has been populated for over 10 years, since the day it launched - even during off hours.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Red99 isn't a TLP. It has no progression. Red99 has the worst PvP ruleset. Losing XP on death on all v all with level 2 PvP flagging WTF are they thinking. Nerfing a bunch of essential PvP item for no reason.
  19. Atomos Augur

And so if P99 doesn't know how to run an EQ PVP server, why hasn't this supposed flourishing EQ PVP community come together to create one themselves? As I said before, running a server is pretty easy. Also didn't Red99 follow the Classic>Kunark>Velious timeline? How is that not a TLP?
    Googling EQ PVP server, there's 2 other options besides Live Zek and Red99 (which is at 36 online at 2:58 PM CST).
    Rise of Zek which has 27 people online at 2:57 PM CST.
    And Zek, which has 0 people online at 2:57 PM CST.

Man, you can't even get people to play FREE versions of EQ PVP...
    code-zero likes this.
  20. SunDrake Augur

Obviously I was, the tone of the post was intended to be snarky. I understand they'll take any money that's handed to them. Still, DBG is not lifting one finger to gain any PVP crowd. They feel the same way about EQ PVP as most players do. Given how thin they are in most areas, they understand the demands of implementing a PVP server faaar outweigh 2 months worth of subs from a player base that has historically been impossible to please.